Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Architect bug?
Architect bug?
Okay, I've got a little problem that's been annoyingly persistent.  As the folks who went through my "Rise of the Shadow Circle" arc will recall, there was a fade-in collection item representing the placement of an unfriendly little gizmo in the villain's lair.  It was located in the "end zone", which was basically just the final room -- and because completing it activated a destroyable object, the players could actually see the destroyable object spawn, along with its guards.
The problem here (other than the aesthetic one) is that I didn't set the collection item's location to "back" -- I set it to "middle".  But it insists on spawning in the end room.  Setting it to "front" makes it appear in the front, no problem.  And with the right map I might well do that if I can find no better solution.  That, or set it to random, but that would be a less satisfactory solution.  Oh, and I've made sure I don't have too many other things located in the middle zone, which I suspect would bump it to one of the other zones.
Anyway, I'm wondering if anyone's seen this behavior before, and if it's a bug, if anyone knows a better workaround than the ones I've come up with on my own.
Thanks.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

I ran into something similar a while back.  It might be the map you have selected.  Some of them, especially the smaller ones don't have a 'back' or a 'middle', so when something is put in one of those zones it gets bumped to what ever does exist.  IIRC they added a feature to the map selector which has the placement locations marked and coloured according to zone so you should be able to check easily.

-- 
"Will whiskey help? Let's find out." -- Brian Kantor

No, the map I've chosen is a large one, and the vast majority of it is labeled as "middle". And yes, I'm aware of the color coding, which has been helpful in figuring out other things that surprised me.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.