Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Purrfect Scrapper's build (by request)
Purrfect Scrapper's build (by request)
I forget who exactly requested this last night (and am too lazy to go peruse my chatlogs, heh), but here's Scraps' build.  Please keep in mind she's a concept build more than anything else (hence the Combat Jumping/Hurdle choices), and this is the first time I've ever used Mid's.
Also, this is after a respec, in which I dropped Flurry in favor of Hasten and dropped Eviscerate in favor of Combat Jumping.
Hero Plan by Mids' Hero Designer 1.4006
http://www.cohplanner.com/
Purrfect Scrapper: Level 30 Mutation Scrapper
Primary Power Set: Claws
Secondary Power Set: Willpower
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Fitness
Hero Profile:
------------
Level 1:    Strike   
 (A) Kinetic Combat - Accuracy/Damage: Level 24
 (3) Kinetic Combat - Damage/Recharge: Level 21
 (3) Kinetic Combat - Knockdown Bonus: Level 21
 (5) Kinetic Combat - Damage/Endurance/Recharge: Level 21
 (5) Kinetic Combat - Damage/Endurance: Level 25
 (7) Damage Increase IO: Level 30

Level 1:    High Pain Tolerance   
 (A) Resist Damage
 (7) Titanium Coating - Resistance/Endurance/Recharge: Level 28

Level 2:    Swipe   
 (A) Damage Increase
 (9) Kinetic Combat - Knockdown Bonus: Level 20
 (9) Accuracy IO: Level 25
 (11) Recharge Reduction IO: Level 30

Level 4:    Slash   
 (A) Accuracy IO: Level 25
 (11) Damage Increase IO: Level 30
 (13) Endurance Reduction IO: Level 30
 (13) Recharge Reduction IO: Level 20

Level 6:    Mind Over Body   
 (A) Resist Damage IO: Level 30
 (15) Resist Damage IO: Level 30

Level 8:    Spin   
 (A) Accuracy
 (15) Scirocco's Dervish - Accuracy/Recharge: Level 20
 (17) Endurance Reduction IO: Level 25
 (17) Recharge Reduction IO: Level 25

Level 10:    Follow Up   
 (A) Accuracy
 (19) Damage Increase IO: Level 20
 (19) Endurance Reduction IO: Level 30
 (21) Recharge Reduction IO: Level 20

Level 12:    Hasten   
 (A) Recharge Reduction IO: Level 30

Level 14:    Super Speed   
 (A) Run Speed IO: Level 30
 (21) Quickfoot - RunSpeed: Level 30

Level 16:    Indomitable Will   
 (A) Defense Buff
 (23) Defense Buff IO: Level 25

Level 18:    Rise to the Challenge   
 (A) Healing IO: Level 25
 (23) Healing IO: Level 30

Level 20:    Fast Healing   
 (A) Healing IO: Level 20
 (25) Healing IO: Level 30

Level 22:    Quick Recovery   
 (A) Endurance Modification IO: Level 25
 (25) Endurance Modification IO: Level 25

Level 24:    Focus   
 (A) Damage Increase
 (27) Accuracy
 (27) Range IO: Level 30
 (29) Range IO: Level 30

Level 26:    Combat Jumping   
 (A) Defense Buff IO: Level 30

Level 28:    Hurdle   
 (A) Jumping IO: Level 30

Level 30:    Health   
 (A) Empty

| Copy & Paste this data into Mids' Hero Designer to view the build |
|-------------------------------------------------------------------|
|MxDz;1036;529;708;|
|>-JE4LMNTT'4O8Z=.'_GX:1-TZ0I+60!A&;-8X$$!:E2(X6F:GFUD9M.Z8!E6[9+R8X|
|/X!?X$,3'F7OO3+)AP8*1?([GG/ORC,??]AV'[\_!J+WTO2293>>Q%T4B+HYO4B^58>|
|!.;N+X2LS3G:5E'#:

--sofaspud
--"Listening to your kid is the audio equivalent of a Salvador Dali painting, Spud." --OpMegs

that's a.. very weird build.

It took me a while to realize what I was looking at and not seeing - it's a very balanced build. At this point, I would probably have two or three powers
with six slots, and most of the rest with one or two...

How's it handle?
"No can brain today. Want cheezeburger."
From NGE: Nobody Dies, by Gregg Landsman
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5579457/1/NGE_Nobody_Dies

Amazingly, but I think a lot of that is the sheer awesomeness that is Willpower. At this point. Up 'til now,
most stuff has been Smashing or Lethal, really, and as you can see by her defense numbers (if you load it into Mids; 31% plus if you don't), that just
doesn't hurt much. Plus the Quick Recovery means she can keep all her toggles up constantly, even CJ, and not have to worry about End -- all this with
constant attacks, too. With RttC up, if she can gain aggro on 4-10 mobs she's pretty much unkillable. I've seen regen numbers get so high that she
was getting 45 HP / sec. At level 30, mind. InSANE.

Downsides: 1-on-1 fights mean that RttC is useless, really; and what I've discovered is that she really needs 4 or more on her in melee range to make it
regen more than she's losing. So there's that.

But all in all, it handles remarkably well, and she can go toe-to-toe with Emet and Terrence (both exemped down, of course) in PvP and not lose by much. Terr
was sneaky and dropped her toggles, resulting in a win; I suspect that if that hadn't happened they'd have been slugging it out until time ran out,
which was what was happening with Emet.

Her real problem, and the main reason I've double-slotted Range in Focus, is blasters/ranged attackers. Especially flyers. Focus doesn't always knock
them out of the air, but at least it can hit. That's also partially the reason for Hurdle and CJ -- with those she has a chance to get within melee range,
at least, on those pesky fliers.

--sofaspud
--"Listening to your kid is the audio equivalent of a Salvador Dali painting, Spud." --OpMegs

CJ is a really light toggle - it's approx 0 end. ; )

I dunno, I just know that (on her and others) when I use it I notice End drain. Probably because I'm often riding close to the edge in terms of Recovery,
but anyway.

For a real-world example of her effectiveness, let me put it this way: she solo'd striga, with the exception of two missions that Terr tagged along for.
Since he was exemped and they split up and cleaned house anyway, I think it still counts as solo. Smile And she didn't faceplant one single time in Striga.
None.

(Amusingly, the most entertaining fights were against packs of War Wolves, because they kept running away from the wee
little catgirl.)

--sofaspud

I LOATHE war wolves.

that's just weird - CJ is .07 end/sec out of the box. With a single relatively weak end IO, it's .05 end/sec

by comparison, RttC and Indomitable Will both burn .21 end/sec, and Focus, out of the box, slurps down 6.82 end per use.

It was me that requested it for my (neglected) scrapper, Belen. She's claws/WP as well and I was having a *really* hard time trying to figure out a build
for her. I can't get everything I want to fit, in the order that I want it to. I'm not really happy with what she's got right now, so I need to
respec her sometime if I do actually plan on using her again and was looking at builds I could respec her into. I couldn't find hardly anything on the CoH
forums that really helped me much, so I figured I'd ask around here. This is the build that I've come up with so far, and it's as close to
contented as I can get. Not worrying about slots right now, just trying to figure out powers and the order they'll come in.

1) High Pain Tolerance/Strike

2) Slash

4) Mind over Body

6) Spin

8) Follow Up

10) Indomitable Will

12) Combat Jumping

14) Super Jump

16) Rise to the Challenge

18) Focus

20) Fast Healing

22) Quick Recovery

24) Swift

26) Eviscerate

28) Heightened Senses

30) Health

32) Stamina

35) Shockwave

38) Strength of Will

41) Caltrops

44) Shuriken

47) Exploding Shuriken

49) Resurgence

Emet isn't really made to exemp below 32, t'be honest. My other main powers are only 2 slotted, and delegated for Set Bonuses rather than actual
efficiency. If I planned to actually -use- them, I'd probably have 4 slots in each, like I do with Minerals. Hyper Kitteh could burn down the HPs and I
didn't have any of my regen bonuses or feasible defense.

And for further comparison, Wire, Mud Pots (no ehns) takes a whopping .78 end/sec and Teleport (again no ehns) takes an awesome 13 per click.
---

The Master said: "It is all in vain! I have never yet seen a man who can perceive his own faults and bring the charge home against himself."

>Analects: Book V, Chaper XXVI

Uni - ditch Swift, get Hurdle if you're gonna be a jumper.

One slot spent in hurdle effectively saves you from having to put any jump IOs in CJ (not that those do any good for speed), and saves a slot in SJ (unless you
have an absolute desire for vertical movement).

with 2x 50 jump IO in Hurdle, an unslotted SJ caps for ground speed, adding enhancement to it will only increase jump _height_ (I plan on two-slotting SJ for
the Undounded Leap set, jump and stealth = 4% jump speed/jump height bonus yay)

I still haven't gotten a good answer to this question - does WP need Stamina?

It .... Depends.

WP/DB does, at least need both. Claws is remarkably end light (Or was at least, still investigating changes), so I don't know exactly. It is safer to plan
on getting it, and possibly having some powers free to play with, rather than agonizing over what to cut for it later on, in my experience.
---

The Master said: "It is all in vain! I have never yet seen a man who can perceive his own faults and bring the charge home against himself."

>Analects: Book V, Chaper XXVI

Wire: Willpower does not need Stamina once you get Quick Recovery. I took Health and Hurdle for concept reasons, not as a prelude to Stamina (which I'm
not grabbing).

I literally can burn through all my attacks repeatedly, with full toggles running, using Hasten... and have End left over to burn when the crash hits. Simply
put, HyperKitteh does not run out of End. Wink

No need at all for stamina with EndMod slotted in QR.

--sofaspud

Hmm, I may try that. I haven't had a true jumper before, I usually shy away from combat jumping. More than once I've considered completely passing on a
travel power with her, and replacing it with the fighting pool (conceptually, that'd be more in character for her than superleap anyways, but I get
frustrated when trying to get around without some sort of travel pool.)

As for the stamina question, I would say it's not *required* but it's a huge help. As it is, I have to pop a blue or rest every so often with Belen,
and that's just with quick recovery. It can't handle having 3-4 toggles up along with constant attacks without my end bar dropping drastically. My goal
with her is to basically try and have her come out of a sustained fight with at least half or better of both health and stamina.

Wiredgeek Wrote:Uni - ditch Swift, get Hurdle if you're gonna be a jumper.

One slot spent in hurdle effectively saves you from having to put any jump IOs in CJ (not that those do any good for speed), and saves a slot in SJ (unless you have an absolute desire for vertical movement).

with 2x 50 jump IO in Hurdle, an unslotted SJ caps for ground speed, adding enhancement to it will only increase jump _height_ (I plan on two-slotting SJ for the Undounded Leap set, jump and stealth = 4% jump speed/jump height bonus yay)

I don't quite understand this advice.

Why would I put Jump enhancements in CJ anyway? By the time I'm going to need to jump higher than what it gives out of the box, I'll have SJ. And that's fast enough out of the box that I don't feel much need to enhance that. Thus, on my leaping characters (ie, most of them) who get fitness (some of them), I get swift for I can get around faster inside missions.

-Morgan. Like I have spare slots for movement when there's *beatings* to be dispensed, anyway...

my original Mag build had Hurdle as opposed to swift, and it was ever so much faster.

If you _can_ negotiate missions while jumping, 2-slotted Hurdle + CJ is a lovely blend of ground speed and vertical travel, and makes a handy Ghetto Travel
power in a pinch.

putting Jump enhancements in CJ is just about useless, you're right.

Okay. I don't have a Claws/WP scrapper, but I do have a BS/Will scrapper, a Will/SS tank, and an Elec/Will brute.
Willpower doesn't need Stamina IF:
a) you're running an attack set with low end consumption and endrec slotting
b) you're only really running the toggles from Willpower, and not adding a whole bunch from pools
Willpower might need Stamina IF:
a) you're running a heavy-cost attack set, and don't really have any endrec in attacks (like my Broadsword scrapper, who's slotted for acc/dam/recharge)
b) you're adding a lot of additional pool toggles (like my brute, who also runs Tough and Weave from the Fighting pool)
The point I'm trying to make is...whether Quick Recovery is enough for you depends a lot on how you're building the character. There's no universal rule.
Do consider, however, that it's a very good idea to pick up Health for a Willpower character in any case, because stacking even more regeneration is...seriously to your benefit. Really. Health's another 73-74%+ regen once slotted, I think.
Also think about the benefits of stacking the Fighting pool toggles with Willpower. Tough gives you an additional 16-17%+ S/L resistance and change, once slotted, Weave gives you another 5-6%+ global defense. That's not a lot on its own, but consider what that does when stacked with the resistance from High Pain Tolerance/Mind over Body and the defense from Heightened Senses (also the psionic defense from Indomitable Will, if that matters to you)
When I'm done slotting my Willpower Brute, I'll be carryin' 52.2% smashing/lethal resistance, 22.3% defense to psi, 7.9-9.1% defense for other types, 11% defense to AoE. Plus a bunch of other resistances, but that's outside the bounds of this exercise since those don't benefit from the stacking.
And then I have the regen bonuses, of course, but that's likewise a different story.
As an aside, while slotting a Willpower character for IO sets, consider not just piling on +regen bonuses, but also think about grabbing the +max hp ones. That gets you more bang for your buck.
-- Acyl