Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Attn: Spud: Aim/Bu/RoA slotting - +rech edition
Attn: Spud: Aim/Bu/RoA slotting - +rech edition
Spudward -

I did some playing with Mids today, and for _pooky_, at least, I can get RoA/Aim/Bu down to less than 30 seconds recharge (for all three!)

I just.. have to completely gut the build to do it.

In more _sane_ +rech, if you can afford to 5-slot Adjusted Targetting in both Aim and BU, and then 5-slot Posi's Blast in RoA (this is not considering
ANYTHING ELSE on the toon, mind), you'll be down to 42.1s for Aim/BU, and 41.8s for RoA. Adding a Detonation: Dam/Rech to RoA brings RoA down to a
phenomenal 35.2s rech, adding level 50 generic rech IOs to Aim/Bu makes 40.9s - this is the 'floor' for easymode.

first LOTG 7.5 removes 1.4s from Aim/BU, making 39.5s

second removes 1.2s, making 38.3s

third removes 1.2s, making 37.1s

fourth removes 1.1s, making 36s even

fifth removes 1.1s, making 34.9s

So right now, it looks like the 'low hanging fruit' for the RoA Triple Threat is Adjusted Targeting, and Posi's, at 5 slots each. I think I'm
gonna head for Posi's (everything but the proc) in RoA, and back it up with Detonation: Damage/Range for a little extra 'oomph', leaving me at a
brisk 39.5s for Aim/BU, since Pooky has an LOTG 7.5....
"No can brain today. Want cheezeburger."
From NGE: Nobody Dies, by Gregg Landsman
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5579457/1/NGE_Nobody_Dies

Hm. I have to check numbers, but as I recall, Bill is currently hovering at/around the 45s mark for recharges on all three. Actually, RoA itself is under 40s
by a hair, but that's due to dropping a couple IO 50s in there for Rech, which is not the final build that it'll have -- they're just there as
placeholders until he fleshes out Posi's (currently 2-slotted).

However, he's got Adjusted Targeting 6-slotted (if I remember correctly) on both Aim and BU. I may need to look at sacrificing one from each to slot the
Rech IOs. Hmm. It'll depend on whether testing shows higher sustained damage with that extra few seconds shaved off the cycle, or if the burst damage is
the way to go.

Bill has something... Effiicacy Adaptor, maybe? no Mids here at work, unable to check -- giving him a global -Rech boost, as well, but damfino for sure what it
is or what effect it has.

--sofaspud
--"Listening to your kid is the audio equivalent of a Salvador Dali painting, Spud." --OpMegs

efficacy adaptor has 5% rech bonus at 6 slots.

my viewpoint on this is parapet farming - if I can keep the damage output on the Tripple Ripple high enough to wipe a spawn, then the more often I can do it
the better.

Whereas with Bill, the viewpoint is, if I shoot it it should die. Not practical, in one sense, but very very satisfying when it does happen.

(For example, in the recent Eden trial, he was -slaughtering- DE. It was -glorious-. The zerglike rush at the end was intense.)

This is why he has LRM, as well; LRM is a sniper-range Targeted AOE; he can fire that off, whack BU and Aim while it's sizzling towards the target, and as
it detonates be dropping RoA on the poor mooks.

It does not -- quite -- clear a parapet spawn. But all the lower-level annoyances are blown away, and even the bosses are feelin' the pain. Once he
finishes slotting that out it should be very, very nice. He's only 48 right now, after all.

--sofaspud
--"Listening to your kid is the audio equivalent of a Salvador Dali painting, Spud." --OpMegs

tsk.

you can still slot 50 ios ; )