Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Grrrrrr.
Grrrrrr.
Why does ezBoard log me out at what appears to be completely random intervals --like in between posting a new message and seeing the forum list afterwards?
-- Bob
---------
...The President is on the line
As ninety-nine crab rangoons go by...
Re: Grrrrrr.
That's happened to me before while I was stuck on NetZero dial-up.
Black Aeronaut Technologies Group
Aerospace Solutions for the discerning spacer
"To the commissary we should go," Yoda declared firmly. "News
of this kind a danish requires."

my guess would be that your ip address changes every so often, and that ezboard keeps track of the ip to prevent anyone from hijaking your login. Not much you can do about it other than ask ezboard to loosen their security policy.
E: "Did they... did they just endorse the combination of the JSDF and US Army by showing them as two lesbian lolicons moving in together and holding hands and talking about how 'intimate' they were?"
B: "Have you forgotten so soon? They're phasing out Don't Ask, Don't Tell."
IP addresses shouldn't change in the middle of a session. If they do, then all of the computer's connections to the 'net become broken - the functional equivalent of a forced logoff.
(The problem has happened to me on occasion, too. My first wild-eyed guess is a load problem on the server...)

-Rob Kelk
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
I had this problem, and it drove me nuts. Nothing in the various FAQs and "help" guides covered it. I think I even mentioned it here.
I'm trying to remember what it was I did to make it stop. I *think* I dumped all my cookies, then did a hard reboot. But don't hold me to that.

[Image: 6bf36ddc1d2c96930d75576c361a9b3f8152885f.gif]Jeanne Hedge
www.jhedge.com

"Believe me, if I have to go the rest of my life without companionship, knowing myself won't be a problem."
-- Gabrielle of Potadeia