Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Area?
New Area?
Last week someone, I've forgotten whom, made an offhanded comment that there ought to be an area here for the general discussion of writing -- techniques and tips and advice and all that, I presume. What do people think? I have no problem with opening up a new area for that kind of thing, but only if it's going to get used. If I have some assurance that it'll generate traffic, I'll be happy to set it up. Please let me know what you think.

-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
Re: New Area?
Hmm...
I might, or might not. To be honest, I usually follow a similar message board over on: pub101.ezboard.com/bgothampm
It's the message board for Gotham PM, which includes support for Chris Dee's Cat Tails, a very good and fun read set in the Bat-verse. She also includes a writers forum which does a lot of the same things.
Still, If there was enough interest from people who just use THIS board only, I'd participate from time to time... If I thought I had something worthwile to add."I was an Otaku before those kids came along and changed the meaning of the word."
-- HM "Howling Mad" Wilson to more than one team-mate.
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to split the sky?
That's every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry-

NO QUARTER!!!
-- "No Quarter", by Echo's Children
Quote:
Still, If there was enough interest from people who just use THIS board only, I'd participate from time to time... If I thought I had something worthwile to add.
Thanks, Ranger. However, it looks like there's really not enough interest to justify me opening up a new area on the topic. So, for the moment at least, the idea looks to me like it's dead.

-- Bob
---------
Would a forum where fanfic writing which is vaguelly connected to DW could be discussed be sensible?
For examples, other multi-world fanfics, fanfics set in the same world as a particular Step, or whatever?
This might also be somewhere more general fanfic writing could be discussed, by the authors and readers. I am not suggesting this would become a general forum for fanfic writing.
Just an idea, as I thought initially that is what the proposed new forum was about.
--
"It is the business of the future to be dangerous" - Hawkwind
I can always open up a forum for fan-written DW material, sure. Making it something of a workshop area would be okay with me, too.

-- Bob
---------