Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Megatonshotblast
Megatonshotblast
This user appears to have drifted in solely to drop a spam advertisement in "The Game". Although it's unlikely that they'll be coming back, I'm banning him/her/it to prevent any future problems.
Anyone with a good reason why I shouldn't do so is invited to let me know, so I can reverse the decision.

-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
Re: Megatonshotblast
Hmmmm... An offhand thought here, but could this spammer have anything to do with the odd member count? You know, where it says 37 members when you only have a list for 35, that kind of thing? Just a thought. Maybe one of the unlisted members is a spambot of some kind. I'm no hacker, but that's what comes to mind.
-Logan
----------
Legolas - Obviously an Elvish word meaning "Gatling Gun".
----------
Re: Megatonshotblast
Quote:
An offhand thought here, but could this spammer have anything to do with the odd member count?
As far as I can tell, no. While setting Josh up as a moderator this weekend, I discovered the page which shows all registered members of the board; before that I'd had been using a link that showed "active" members, and it turns out there's a difference. There are names there that I don't recognize as posters -- going into detail shows that they haven't posted at all -- but they are registered as members of the discussion forum. Apparently, the "newest member" display on the main page is only for those who post when they join; otherwise they slip under the radar.

-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.