Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strange behavior....
Strange behavior....
I dunno what the hoeck is going on, but for some reason DW General keeps poping up in my new list; yet when I go to the page there are no new posts listed. And this is even after having clicked the 'mark all posts as read'. In addition, the activity tag shows some sort of an action having occured today (the 17th) yet the most recent post on the board shows as the 7th!?!?!?!"I was an Otaku before those kids came along and changed the meaning of the word."

-- HM "Howling Mad" Wilson to more than one team-mate.
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to split the sky?
That's every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry-

NO QUARTER!!!
-- "No Quarter", by Echo's Children
Re: Strange behavior....
The display I see when I enter the fora says DW General was last nodified at 12:10 AM on the 17th. The only thing I can think of is someone might be repeatedly editing the same message -- edits flag as new, and more than once I've added a message, edited it, returned to the board level, went back and added a little more, etc. I haven't looked in General yet today, so I don't know if that's the case. I'll check and see.

-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
Oh, I never reported on this.
I went in and looked, and I couldn't find anything that was obviously causing the behavior -- no recent edits, for example. I wonder if it might not have been one of the things the recent upgrade to 7.1 fixed. Let me know if it happens again, please? Thanks.

-- Bob
---------
Wierd. It stopped doing it the day after you posted, and hasn't come back. I will let you know if it does... of course, it could just be something wierd going on in my browsers. [Image: eyes.gif] "I was an Otaku before those kids came along and changed the meaning of the word."

-- HM "Howling Mad" Wilson to more than one team-mate.
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to split the sky?
That's every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry-

NO QUARTER!!!
-- "No Quarter", by Echo's Children
Could be. But don't talk to me about strange behavior. Tonight, for no reason whatsoever, my virus scanner decided it wanted to eat every available CPU cycle as soon as it started scanning incoming email.

-- Bob
---------