Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Old Youtube Embed Code
Old Youtube Embed Code
Given that Youtube is apparently trying to (slowly) phase out the old embed code, which we need to embed videos here, I thought I'd post it up here for the day when the option is removed from all videos.  The code works just fine with videos that lack the option, you just need to copy the unique ID part of the url into the code in two places. 
http://www.youtube.com/v/[enter ID code here]?version=3&hl=en_US&rel=0

Just paste this into the html view, remove all the red text, including the brackets, and replace it with the gibberish ID code from the end of the url of the video you want to embed.  You can also play with the viewer size at the start of the code.
-----
Stand between the Silver Crystal and the Golden Sea.
"Youngsters these days just have no appreciation for the magnificence of the legendary cucumber."  --Krityan Elder, Tales of Vesperia.

Thanks, Jorlem! I'm going to pin this to the top of the forum so it can always be found when needed.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

Glad to be of help.  Big Grin

...I've got a stickied thread!  *Does happy dance*
-----
"Youngsters these days just have no appreciation for the magnificence of the legendary cucumber."  --Krityan Elder, Tales of Vesperia.

Just testing to see if the old code works with the new youtube.

Edit:
And it appears that it does, excellent!
-----

I'm just checking to see if the quick reply box will allow posting links to youtube, as it doesn't seem to be possible to do so in the normal message editor.

test.

Edit: And it does not. Annoying.
-----

For HTML5 YouTube, use the following:
Code:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=
---

The Master said: "It is all in vain! I have never yet seen a man who can perceive his own faults and bring the charge home against himself."

>Analects: Book V, Chaper XXVI