Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Advertisements?
Advertisements?
Bob,

Did Yuku tell you they were going to start putting advertisements up?

And they're utter crap ads too that apparently have a "NO! YOU NO CAN BLOCK!" code to them.
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll

Can confirm their existance.

Noscript seems to block them for good. There's a whole daisy-chain of ad-server scripts going on though to make those actually work. It's pretty horrendous implimentation come to think of it

Did we run out of paid page views, or is Yuku ignoring the service level agreement again?

(Although it isn't all bad - because of this, I've discovered a half-dozen more ad sites that were setting cookies on my machine. They're all now on my "site cannot set cookies" list; who knows how many of those were tracking cookies?)

(Oh, and why is Yuku setting a cookie with my name on it when it displays my avatar image? Or the default image that I've replaced it with? They do not have my permission to use my name that way.)
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

...I'm not seeing advertisements, either at home or at work (where I have no adblock or anything running). Let me go check the page counts and see what's up.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

Gah. We're out of pageviews.

Dammit, I just checked that a couple weeks back and we had something like 70K.
ETA:  Mm.  Maybe it was longer back that I checked.  We ran through 112444 pageviews in the last month.  My fault, folks, I thought I was on top of this.  I'll have to see if the holiday budget allows me to top up the account before Friday (my next payday).

-- Bob
---------

I'm not seeing any ads now, so it looks like somebody beat me to it... (puts credit card back in wallet, makes note for January)

Oh, and new avatar image.
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

Indeed, someone beat both of us, and many thanks to that someone.
-- Bob
---------

Anyone know of a way to pledge without using Paypal?  I pledged in the past but all that is offered now is Paypal and I refuse to use that "service."