Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hooo boy, that was close
Hooo boy, that was close
So I'm thinking to myself this afternoon, "how many page views do I have left for the boards?"  And I sit down once I get home and take care of my immediate chores and look.
Dash to the Admin/Contributions page, make a quick purchase of 270,000 pageviews, and back to the boards.  Look at the Contributions page to make sure the views are there.
12 views in the time it took me to make a credit card purchase...  if I'd been 15 minutes later, there'd've been another "I'm seeing ads!  Why?" thread...
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

I guess I should stop encouraging folks to come over and take part in the discussions... at least until I can kick in a few page views. (Tomorrow is payday, but the day after tomorrow is rent day.)
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

How much does that cost? I hope we are not making you pay too much...

$54. I have to shell that out every six months or so unless folks kick in, which they can do through the "Contribute now" link at the top of the main forums page. I last bought us up about a month ago, and according to that page,
Quote:This community has 265060 Gold Ad-Free page views left.
Which means we're cool probably until I'm on my beach house vacation in six months.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.