Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Well, this is nifty...
Well, this is nifty...
Apparently we can now change our usernames in Yuku.  As you can now see with mine, I've made a subtle change that I have long wanted to make.  Smile

Huh. I had absently noted the presence of an announcement yesterday, but for some reason my eyes consistently slid right over it without reading. Very nice!
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

Oh hey, and the username I couldn't get five years ago works now. Booya!

Now don't everybody go changing all your names all around now. One of my weak points is remembering who goes with which icon and what posts, so all you'll do is confuse me.
-- Bob
---------

My natural state is confused. I'm already doomed. Smile

Bob Schroeck Wrote:Now don't everybody go changing all your names all around now. One of my weak points is remembering who goes with which icon and what posts, so all you'll do is confuse me.
When user names are changed over on the SJGames forums, a note is added to the account's sig saying "previously known as ..." with the old user name in place of the ellipsis, and the note is supposed to stay for a few weeks. Folks might want to do that here, too.

(What? Me, change my nic? I've been using this user name for all of my accounts since the days of "six to eight characters, no spaces, all lower-case, no special characters" - why should I change it now?)
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

And a good thing, too, because god knows I'd never recognize you if you changed it to something outlandish like, say, "Rob Kelk".
-- Bob
---------

Dude, I have more friends that don't know my birth name than do. If I started calling myself by my real name; it'd be weird.
Ebony the Black Dragon
http://ebony14.livejournal.com

"Good night, and may the Good Lord take a Viking to you."