Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Search is Broken?
Search is Broken?
Just want to check and see if anyone else is having the same problem.  Forum search yields no results, even on terms that should yields thousands of results.  :p

Sorry, BA, but I don't see it. I just searched on "Doug" from the top forums page, and on a couple of the DW forums specifically, and got results each time.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

It keeps throwing me too.

But if you use the search function within a topic, or within an indivdual section, it limits that search to that section. Which is a little bit annoying and counterintuitive.

Wasn't working yesterday, but it seems to be fine now.
---

The Master said: "It is all in vain! I have never yet seen a man who can perceive his own faults and bring the charge home against himself."

>Analects: Book V, Chaper XXVI

It's happening to me. I had to use Google search to find if there were any instances of "zero" (then narrow it to "zero louise" and/or "zero summoning"), and I got results there, but using the forum search I got "There are no results that match your search. Please try another search term." Does anyone know yet why this happens?

I haven't a clue. I just went to the top of forums and searched on "zero louise" and got a pageful of results, with this thread at the top.

I'm starting to wonder if this is somehow because I'm the board owner... I'll have to check with Yuku's support forums and see if anyone else is reporting the same problem.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

I just did a few quick searches to test. The first one ("zero louise") yielded results, despite being impressively slow. The Second ("marvel") was equally slow and came up empty. The third ("Guardians") was also slow, but gave results. I then retried "marvel" and it came up with results, and was quicker than the previous three.

I'm not entirely sure what's going on here, but I think there's some backend shenanigans going on that's shorting out on occasion, rather than being plumb broke.
---

The Master said: "It is all in vain! I have never yet seen a man who can perceive his own faults and bring the charge home against himself."

>Analects: Book V, Chaper XXVI

I kinda figure that's the case myself... it's like they got a server dedicated to just handling forum searches and it's going on and off the fritz at random intervals.

Arrrrghh.... It's doing it again! Even if I enter the search string "Bob" for the entire forum I pull zero results.

Try http://search.yahoo.com/search?n=10&ei= ... s.yuku.com]this search instead...
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012