Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
500 luftballoons
Re: 500 luftballoons
And I'm getting the occasional "open thread, get nothing but blank", so moving things to the tapatalk domain, including what background stuff they changed, hasn't really fixed things, just changed one type of not load for another. It even does it on attempts to post to a thread. It's taken over 5 attempts to post this, possibly more than 10.--

"You know how parents tell you everything's going to fine, but you know they're lying to make you feel better? Everything's going to be fine." - The Doctor
Yeah, I ran into a bunch of that earlier today and was wondering if anyone else was hit by it.-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
And how about today, people?  I swear, Tapatalk is barfing more than it's functional, especially when it comes to posting replies.  I have to hit "reload" six or eight times to get a post to actually go up.-- Bob
---------
Yeah, I was having issues myself.

Can't wait to hear how the experiment with the Marketing forum goes.
Well, I guess I'll find out. I just took two tries to load this thread to read. The first try came up blank.

Posting attempt #5.
And now I'm getting intermittent 404 errors.  Lovely.
Me, too.  Apparently it's a thing now for a lot of us.-- Bob
---------
Oddly, I'm having no more than one or two cloudflare errors every couple days - no worse than Yuku had been for the last couple years. Maybe there's something regional going on here?

-Morgan.
wrote: Wrote:Oddly, I'm having no more than one or two cloudflare errors every couple days - no worse than Yuku had been for the last couple years. Maybe there's something regional going on here?

-Morgan.

Given the nature of all the other errors, it wouldn't surprise me if there was a set of regional hiccups now occurring with TaT on top of everything else we'd been dealing with.

This is one of the lesser reasons why some people do say, "if it's worth doing, it's worth hosting yourself," with the prime reason being "if you're not paying, then you're the product", and we saw enough "mistakes" during upgrades under Yuku forcing ads on a paid-view forum that it was clear (at least to me) that they would really have preferred us to be a product and not a customer.--

"You know how parents tell you everything's going to fine, but you know they're lying to make you feel better? Everything's going to be fine." - The Doctor
Good points.

I think I'll follow the lead of Dragonflight and Black Aeronaut, and start my new threads on the new forum. I don't see any hiccups there.--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
So as I said, I submitted a support ticket.  Chris the support person wrote back, said "I just looked at your site and there's no problem."  I let him/her know it had stopped 404ing a few hours earlier, but that many of my users were reporting the same thing to me.

So whatever this is, Tapamess isn't aware it's even happening.-- Bob
---------
Got an email back yesterday from Chris at Tapatalk:

Quote:After I replied to you, I found a few more reports such as yours. You were the first to report it, but given that there were more, there was indeed a problem. Our team looked into it and made sure that everything is fine now.

Heh.  Trust but verify.-- Bob
---------
Here's another bit of strange behaviour: some internal links (including random "Submit" buttons) go to sapatalk.com instead of tapatalk.com. I'm not getting this behaviour on other websites (although I'm running a deep virus scan just to be sure). EDIT: Deep virus scan completed with no viruses found - the issue is not at my end.--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
Okay, weird...   Kinda reminds me of something -- can't remember what, now -- we were having right after Yuku took over Ezboard.-- Bob
---------