Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is there a banner designer in the house?
Re: Is there a banner designer in the house?
Oh, the banner could be huge on my desktop screen... or somewhat-large on my laptop screen, or maybe a bit larger on my phone screen. I don't plan on going nuts; I just want to know how much leeway I have.--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
Okay, I just did a quick search on this, and it turns out there's no need for a hard-and-fast size -- and reminded me i could just set the logo size to width:100% (or whatever's best) and make it auto-resize for the screen in use. -- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
One other related request - can we get a 2x version of the banner for retina displays?  (Using the 2x banner is then just a matter of using the srcset attribute on the image tag.)
Let's get a high-res banner to start with.  Enlarging the one we have will just make it ugly.  But yeah, we should be able to do that.-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
RE: Is there a banner designer in the house?
* robkelk blows dust off thread

(08-05-2017, 05:03 PM)robkelk Wrote: Quick-and-dirty drop-in replacement, pending something (anything) better.
http://web.ncf.ca/fm536/tempstuff/logo.png

[Image: logo.png]

Bumping after six years to remind everybody that this is a quick-and-dirty drop-in replacement site banner, pending something (anything) better.
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
RE: Is there a banner designer in the house?
I tried to work out a turboshaft bike design, but no can brains gud nao. Instead here's a link to the smallest TS I could find, that it not be forgotten.

https://www.pbs.cz/en/Aerospace/Aircraft...-PBS-TS100

That's around 35cm diameter by 90cm long, for 180kw/231hp max rated power, suggested for UAVs up to 1000kg, nominal output shaft RPM a touch under 6000 or over 2000 depending on the included gearbox. There's a link on the page to a brochure about the rest of that family of engines, mostly turbojets but with a turboprop as well. I had orioginally thought their site was registered in Canada, but then double checked and saw it was .cz instead of .ca, so... Czech Republic I guess.

Heh, "double Czeched."

... I dun sed I cant brain gud. Gimme brek. Or cheezburger. Paws for eats time.
--
‎noli esse culus