Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No Bong Hits 4 Jesus
No Bong Hits 4 Jesus
The United States Supreme Court has made it's decision in Morse V. Frederick, the "Bong Hits 4 Jesus" case: they've decided in favor of Morse.
This is disappointing, but about what I expected. At least the findings were fairly narrow: they rejected the government's argument that schools can suppress all student speech not in agreement with the school's self-defined "educational mission," limiting this only to speech that can be interpreted as supporting drug use. I did find Justice Thomas' opinion a bit worrying, though
--The Twisted One"Welcome to Fanboy Hell. You will be spending eternity here, in a small room with Jar-Jar Binks and Dobby the house-elf."
"If you
wish to converse with me, define your
terms."

--Voltaire
Wonder what they are smoking
I'm for the outlawing of certain drugs within society and I don't like the fact that the student used the name of Jesus in conjuction with drug slang, but even with those two bias's I have to say the constitution protects a person's rights to say and talk about illegal drugs.
The Student was on a public sidewalk not school property, which itself is a public property so he should have a constitutional right to free speech.
Wonder if the judges were smoking something or if it's just the law school training and then decades spent as judges and lawyers that has distorted the rather obvious meaning of the constitution.
howard melton
Re: Wonder what they are smoking
The way I understood it this was still a school function and
as such still the rules applied. Was that wrong?