Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eminent Domain: It's baaaaack
Eminent Domain: It's baaaaack
Remember the Kelo decision on eminent domain in New London? Check out the sequel.
My anger level is rising again.
-----
Big Brother is watching you.  And damn, you are so bloody BORING.
I wonder if we can disband cities?
Give us money or we take your land.
They are bold about thier theft and what I can't believe is that the lower courts are up holding this.
It sounds like if you live in an area that's trying to turn itself into a town or be annexed you need to stop it anyway possible.
Is there a law against voting to disband towns?
Sound like the citizens of Port Chester New York need to vote to dissolve thier status as a city.

howard melton
God bless
Re: I wonder if we can disband cities?
Starting to look more and more like it's time for Box Number Three.--
"I give you the beautiful... the talented... the tirelessly atomic-powered...
R!
DOROTHY!
WAYNERIGHT!

--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.
This sounds like extortion to me. even the city leaders can't do that. Might be a good idea for this guy to start talkign to the state or lfaderal district attorney's office.
You know, abusing this eminent domain law is probably one of the fastest ways to touch off a revolution. All you need now is a nice round of secret police arrests and rampant crazed taxation.--
Comb your hair, damn anime hippies.
--
If you become a monster to put down a monster you've still got a monster running around at the end of the day and have as such not really solved the whole monster problem at all. 
And the New London case rises AGAIN
So the city confiscated people's property to build a commercial center for Pfizer's benefit. Now Pfizer says it's moving out of town.
-----
Big Brother is watching you.  And damn, you are so bloody BORING.