Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We Are the Champions
We Are the Champions
Dems have the House sewn up, and last I checked the Senate was heading due blue.
Folks, it's looking mighty quantum. Now if only we Californians have the collective sense to get rid of the Governator.
--Sam
"WHO'S KICKING WHO AROUND NOW?!"
Re: We Are the Champions
Hrm. While some of gov. Schwarzeneggar's policies -are- controversial, I do admire the way he persues said policies. Some of them would not be so controversial if certain other heads of state were not so stupid about issues like immigrations (cast's the hairy eyeball in Dubbya's driection).
That said, I'm fine with Schwartzeneggar. Arnold's everything Bush wishes he could be. A man with good moral character. He's worked very hard to get to where he is in the world today - life was certainly not handed to him on a silver platter as it was with Bush.
As for the Senate turning Blue - damn glad to hear it. Nothing against Republicans, but hasn't anyone around here noticed that when our Government's leaning entirley to one side or the other that nothing good ever gets accomplished?
Black Aeronaut Technologies Group, LLC
Aerospace Solutions for the discerning spacer
"To the commissary we should go," Yoda declared firmly. "News
of this kind a danish requires."

Re: We Are the Champions
Well, with the Party of Stupid in the White House and the Party of National Suicide in the House, the Senate is going to be where it all gets decided....--
"I give you the beautiful... the talented... the tirelessly atomic-powered...
R!
DOROTHY!
WAYNERIGHT!

--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.
A thought just occurred to me...
How long until the Republicans become the ones shouting for electronic voting machines to be more thoroughly tested and secured? While they were in power it was, "oh, no, they're good enough as they are", but now...
Just looking forward to a likely trend.
-- Bob
---------
...The President is on the line
As ninety-nine crab rangoons go by...
Changes in the winds...
Well, it looks like some fast changes coming into play...
Rumsfield is out - being replaced by former CIA head Robert Gates.
I'm sure the recounts in Virginia will get some play on the electronic machines.
RMH
Re: Changes in the winds...
Personally, I'm surprised no one's been executed for what's been going on with the voting machines. Absolutely no excuse for thousands of votes to suddenly flip from Kerrey to Bush. And that's the funny thing, too - not a single one flipped from Bush to Kerrey. If they had done that then it certainly would have looked a lot more accidental, wouldn't it?

-g- While I'm certainly glad that the House is back in Dem hands, I voted for Sch. =p Honestly, other than his 2005 Special Election fiasco, he's been an okay governor.
--
[Image: nanohafh1.jpg]
Arnie is no mere governor, he is the Governator.
All jest aside, California is prosperous and growing economically. He checks the Legislature and the Legislature checks him and we get on with our lives.
check please
And THAT's the important thing: Ahnuld has a legislature that isn't hanging on every word he says like he's a divine prophet. I'm glad to see Dubya finally have this "problem."
Also, despite the bodybuilder stereotype, Governor Schwarzeneggar (Which means "Tills the Black soil, IIRC") is an intelligent man. I'm also glad to see a First Generation American do so well. Remember, Arnie's immigration policies aren't hypocrisy: he immigrated legally.
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll
Re: check please
Though I certainly wouldn't mind seeing something done about the current immigration policies. It'd be interesting to see us go back to the policies we had... Oh, I forget when, sometime like Post-WWI, when anyone coming accross the border was processed,indoctrinated, taught to read and speak english, and then made citizens.
Of course, if we did that, then our immigration centers would be inundated and there would be no more cheap labor. Hence, why Bush doesn't really want to do much about immigration. He is, after all, a capitolist.

Democrats taking over the house and senate is all Bill Clinton's fault. After all, according to Fox news, anything that goes wrong for the Republican's is Bill Clinton's fault.--
Jimmy Hendrix is calling me! He's telling me to defeat Klingons! CAPTAIN PICARD!
--
If you become a monster to put down a monster you've still got a monster running around at the end of the day and have as such not really solved the whole monster problem at all. 
Well, Fox Nes is the propaganda wing of the Republican Party, after all.
-- Bob
---------
Quote:
Well, Fox Nes is the propaganda wing of the Republican Party, after all.
Why is that tongue there in the first place? I seriously believe that's a true and accurate statement.

[Image: 6bf36ddc1d2c96930d75576c361a9b3f8152885f.gif]Jeanne Hedge
www.jhedge.com

"Believe me, if I have to go the rest of my life without companionship, knowing myself won't be a problem."
-- Gabrielle of Potadeia
It's a diverter of wrath in case anyone takes offense at that perfectly reasonable assessment.
-- Bob
---------
Quote:
It's a diverter of wrath in case anyone takes offense at that perfectly reasonable assessment.
Ah, but what's the fun of arguing politics if there's no chance of offense?
Then again, I just read an AP story, which reported that an Idaho man (Republican) was charged with aggravated assault and faces 5 years in prison after he pulled a knife and threatened to stab a co-worker (Democrat) while the two were arguing over politics. The assailant told his co-worker that "Democrats cheat and lie," and didn't take kindly the response: "All politicians lie and cheat."

(read the linked article, it gets better...)

www.jhedge.com

"Believe me, if I have to go the rest of my life without companionship, knowing myself won't be a problem."
-- Gabrielle of Potadeia
Um, Jeanne, both links go to the same article?
-- Bob
---------
I know.

www.jhedge.com

-- Gabrielle of Potadeia
Personally, I just wish the guy who took seven months to remove the social security numbers from his website wasn't now our governor. >.>
-Morgan, thought *all* the major news outlets were supposed to be someone's propaganda wing..."I have no interest in ordinary humans. If there are any aliens, time travelers, or espers here, come sleep with me."
---From "The Ecchi of Haruhi Suzumiya"
-----(Not really)
I guess saying that Fox news is the propaganda arm of the
Republican party is the same as saying the rest of the news
media is the propaganda arm of the democratic party.
That's probably one of the most unenlightened statements I've heard in a while.
Black Aeronaut Technologies Group

In all honesty, both statements are.
However I really hate it when people start bringing
out the 'unenlightened' word. It usually translate to me
as 'not brainwashed'.
Now before things get out of hand just ask yourself this
as an example:
Can you honestly say that if a Republicain Senator had said what John Kerry said about the army during the elections, he would ahve gotten the same amount and type ofplay in the
non-fox media that Kerry did?