Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
4-year-old suspended after hugging teacher's aide
4-year-old suspended after hugging teacher's aide
This makes my head hurt.
As was noted in the place I was pointed to this story, what has to happen to someone to make a four year old is mentally capable of sexually harassing them?
-Morgan, isn't sure she'd really thought about the concept that boys and girls were different at age 4...
Re: 4-year-old suspended after hugging teacher's aide
Oh, it could get worse. At least they removed the sexual-harassment charge from his permanent record.
Just imagine the poor kid growing up and going through life, having to register everywhere as a sex offender because he hugged a teacher when he was 4 years old. Geez.
This is the fruit of radical feminism: Oversensitivity, overreaction, and overpunishment.--
"I give you the beautiful... the talented... the tirelessly atomic-powered...
R!
DOROTHY!
WAYNERIGHT!

--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.
Quote:
This is the fruit of radicalism: Oversensitivity, overreaction, and overpunishment.
Rephrased for increased accuracy.
Ja, -n
(Every century finds its own way to be nuts, but ours is a doozy.)

===============================================
"Puripuri puripuri... Bang!"
Quote:
This is the fruit of radical feminism: Oversensitivity, overreaction, and overpunishment.
More precisely, this is one of the results of feminism being hijacked and turned from a movement of empowerment to one which seems to espouse a neo-Victorian "women must be protected at all costs because they are weak and incapable of doing so themselves" attitude.
-- Bob
---------
...The President is on the line
As ninety-nine crab rangoons go by...
Quote:
More precisely, this is one of the results of feminism being hijacked and turned from a movement of empowerment to one which seems to espouse a neo-Victorian "women must be protected at all costs because they are weak and incapable of doing so themselves" attitude.
All too unpleasantly true, Bob, and all done supposedly in the name of empowerment.
Worryingly, the exact same attitude has overtaken the racial rights movement as well. --
R!
DOROTHY!
WAYNERIGHT!

--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Or it could have nothing to do with feminism or radicalism and be a case of a lawsuit-shy school administrator acting rashly in the age of "zero tolerance" education.
But that's just crazy talk.---
Mr. Fnord
http://fnord.sandwich.net/
http://www.jihad.net/
Mr. Fnord interdimensional man of mystery

FenWiki - Your One-Stop Shop for Fenspace Information

"I. Drink. Your. NERDRAGE!"
here is another news site with a little more info.
-----------
www.kxxv.com/Global/story.asp?S=5785699
-----------
I saw the first post in this thread and went to the website to read the article, then read that to my family.
Still didn't come up with anything to say.
All the comments posted so far make sense as to the flawed reasoning probably used to suspend preschooler, but it still doesn't address the fundamental fact that the principle, teachers and teacher's aids must have a very poor understanding of the children they teach.
Finally had this thought and decided to say this.
Vouchers Vouchers! VOUCHERS! VOUCHER! VOUCHERS!
If not for every parent then for the parents who's child has been suspended.
It might be the child with a problem or it might be something about the school, but a Voucher will at least let the parents get a second or third opinion and maybe give the child a second chance.
We are given the advice to always get a second medical opinion before a surgery, how much more important is it for the future of your child?

howard melton
God bless
Re: here is another news site with a little more info.
Quote:
Or it could have nothing to do with feminism or radicalism and be a case of a lawsuit-shy school administrator acting rashly in the age of "zero tolerance" education.
But that's just crazy talk.
That could well be part of what happened in this particular case, but the symptoms that lead to the overreaction could not have been created without the circumstances Bob and I noted.
If the radical feminist movement hadn't pushed so hard to stamp out anything that even looked like harassment when seen through a funhouse mirror, there wouldn't be so many lawsuits about it for administrators like this one to be scared of.--
R!
DOROTHY!
WAYNERIGHT!

--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
My take.
This "teacher" apparantly interprets affection by a four year old in a sexual manner.
Someone like that should really NOT be allowed to work with children.
Re: My take.
Ooh, very good point.
And what about the admin(s) who tacitly agreed with her interpretation?
-- Bob
---------
...The President is on the line
As ninety-nine crab rangoons go by...
Now that's a point I hadn't considered, yeah.
Good grief.--
R!
DOROTHY!
WAYNERIGHT!

--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
this is just...insane. Totally insane.