Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Internal Revenue Stupid
Internal Revenue Stupid
The IRS has, as of today, stripped the Democratic Leadership Council of its tax-exempt status, on the grounds that they do not serve the public interest, but only that of democrat-party office-seekers.
While true, it should a) be applied even-handedly to both parties, and b) good GODS, the horrible timing....--
"I give you the beautiful... the talented... the tirelessly atomic-powered...
R!
DOROTHY!
WAYNERIGHT!

--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.
Re: Internal Revenue Stupid
Anybody else get the feeling that it's merely a countdown until Attorney General Gonzales declares the Constitution "quaint and outdated" and Bush attempts to have himself made el-Presidente-for-life?
-- Bob
---------
...The President is on the line
As ninety-nine crab rangoons go by...
Imperial...
Cough 'Sulla the Fortunate' Cough!
Vote on paper.
Re: Imperial...
I was thinking more Tarquin the Proud. Same basic principle, though.
Yrs on the banks of the Rubicon,---
Mr. Fnord
Raving blogger
http://www.jihad.net/
"when edison thinks down pipes into special Future Death Machine, in 21st Century another teenager on MySpace gets hit by a car." --Warren Ellis
Mr. Fnord interdimensional man of mystery

FenWiki - Your One-Stop Shop for Fenspace Information

"I. Drink. Your. NERDRAGE!"
Re: Imperial...
I must be missing something. (Not that uncommon.)
What makes the timing so horrible?
-Morgan."I have no interest in ordinary humans. If there are any aliens, time travelers, or espers here, come sleep with me."
---From "The Ecchi of Haruhi Suzumiya"
-----(Not really)
hm
It's prime political campaign time. All that lovely money coming in form the donators that will now count as Taxable income...
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll
Re: hm
It's also the first election in several years where the Republican Party is at risk of losing control of Congress. The Republicans are consequently pulling every tactic, clean and dirty, they can to keep in power.
If the same ruling is not made against the equivalent Republican organization, then it's pretty obvious that this is an outright attack on the Democratic Party. And it's a win-win situation for the Republicans: either they pay the taxes, depriving them of that much of their warchest, or they take the matter to court, losing warchest money again to legal fees, or they refuse to pay, leaving them open to greater legal penalties and Republican spin. In fact, all three paths are open to spin favorable to the Republicans.
-- Bob
---------
...The President is on the line
As ninety-nine crab rangoons go by...