Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Since I said I wasn't going to add to the other thread...
Since I said I wasn't going to add to the other thread...
Ayiekie said:
Quote:
Hi, Logan, sweetie?
1) I posted to the General Chatter and Other People's Fanfiction boards within the last week. I'm here because I'm an author whose fanfic got commented on here.
I will now expect your apology for your false accusation.
Quote:
2) My first post in this thread was in response to Necratoid, and covered only points he had raised. Before that, Catty and hmelton had already dragged it "off-topic" (because that never happens in a message board, right), as was even said by hmelton.
I will now expect your apology for your false accusation.

Well, since you asked so nicely... No.
Here's a further bit of clarification though. I looked at your profile in ezboard and the only posts it listed most recently were the ones in the political thread. That was as far as I was going to go in any "investigation". I peruse the boards casually, and for fun. And I'm not willing to go over everything with a fine tooth comb to "lawyer" things. I have thus only so far noticed you in the politics forum. (You're pretty hard to miss, there.)
You completely missed the operative words "That I can tell" as my qualifier and caveat for the statement in the last post.
But then, to paraphrase Necro, you do miss so much. (Willfully or not, I can't tell, but I don't much care either way.)
Also, not ONCE in my post did I suggest that YOU drug it off topic. Once again, as you do so often, you read things into other peoples words that were never said.
One last bit of advice - Stop calling people "sweetie". Or at least, I'd like it if you didn't do so with me. It comes off as disingenous and condescending. At least have the honor of being honest in your contempt for me, and I'll return the favor.-Logan
-----------------
"This kind of thing tends invariably to devolve into the kind of "No, Nakajima, THIS is true power!!" argument that only really works if you're yelling it from the cockpit of a giant robot . . ."
-----------------
Re: Since I said I wasn't going to add to the other thread..
Sweetie, the moment you stop waltzing into a topic and insulting me, I'll stop calling you sweetie. And you'll have to forgive me (and Epsilon) for assuming you were saying I dragged the thread off-topic when the primary point of your post was to bash me.
Necratoid calls me a terrorist. I notice you didn't say a single thing about that, while devoting half your post to bashing me. I wonder why?
It's funny how you apparently think my strong beliefs on topics like state-sanctioned torture make me unreasonable, but you're perfectly okay with a guy who accuses people who disagree with him of being enemies of his country and Muslims (which is clearly an insult in his eyes).
Do you think that's acceptable behaviour, Logan?
Is it acceptable behaviour to say "You are a Muslim nutball" to somebody who thinks the US torturing people is wrong? If so, why on earth could you possibly be offended by "sweetie"? If not, why precisely did you ignore that in your first post? Because Necratoid has a "221" beside his posts and I have a "68"? Doesn't that seem kind of petty?
Re: Since I said I wasn't going to add to the other thread..
Hmmmmm... since this post will have a "677" beside my name, does that grant me more authority than Necratoid and Ayiekie put together? No, I didn't think so either.
I know I'm asking a lot here - this is a political forum in more ways than one - but can we drop the emotional arguements and the illogic, and actually discuss the subject matter? (A couple of specifics, from the thread that Logan's not posting to anymore: Currently, Necratoid is more interested in posting ad Odium and ad Hominem attacks than in discussing the issue at hand. Ayiekie likes The Volvo Fallacy a bit too much.)
Logan, you made some unfounded comments about a person in a highly-emotionally-charged environment. That person has requested an apology, in a highly-emotionally-charged manner. If I were in your shoes, my code of honour would require me to offer that apology, even though the circumstances were highly-emotionally-charged. But that's me.
And with this, I'm going to ignore that thread as well. I'm seriously considering marking the entire "Politics and Other Fun" forum as read every time I login to ezBoard - it might be a more efficient use of my time...

-Rob Kelk
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
:)
Quote:
And with this, I'm going to ignore that thread as well. I'm seriously considering marking the entire "Politics and Other Fun" forum as read every time I login to ezBoard - it might be a more efficient use of my time...
but it is so much fun to watch the train wrecks.