Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So, there were no WMD's in Iraq, huh?
WMD
brain-terminal.com/posts/...nt-weapons
Re: WMD
So, just out of curiosity, was this story ever reported anywhere on a REAL news site, as opposed to a right-wing shill site?
I mean, I betcha I can find a lefty site that says definitively that Bush is evil, retarded, currently a cocaine addict, caused 9/11 and eats Iraqi babies.
Would you believe that? Would that rock your world and turn you into a Bush hater?
No?
So why exactly do you expect anybody to take a "news" story from this site seriously?
Ayiekie, or whatever your name is: The article pointed to is quoting and discussing a news report from the Washington Times, a legitimate newspaper.
But then, I forgot, as far as assholes like you are concerned, the only legitimate non-right-wing-shill news sites are Indymedia and Democrappic Underpants.--
"I give you the beautiful... the talented... the tirelessly atomic-powered...
R!
DOROTHY!
WAYNERIGHT!

--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.
WMD
www.cnsnews.com/news/view...0215c.html
www.cnsnews.com/SpecialRe...1004a.html
www.nysun.com/article/27684?page_no=1
www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/me...ein.tapes/
Quote:
But then, I forgot, as far as assholes like you are concerned, the only legitimate non-right-wing-shill news sites are Indymedia and Democrappic Underpants.
Dude! For fuck's sake!
If you're gonna throw insults, at least come up with something that doesn't sound like you're in the third grade. And a weak-ass third grade at that!
"Democrappic Underpants"? What kind of idiot thinks that's clever? Seriously. I mean, I know that I'm incapable of completing a sentence without using some variation of the work "fuck," but even my lack of creative profanity knows that mickeymouse shit like "Democrappic Underpants" is pretty fucking weak.
In the name of fuck, man! We are adults, we have standards, and if you can't successfully outcuss a ten-year-old we'll be forced to revoke your He-Man Conservative credentials and send your candy ass back to sit at the kids' table. In the high stakes of Internet debate, we cannot have ideologies represented by anything but invective of the highest quality. Consider this a warning, and a friendly reminder.
(This message brought to you by the Committee to Improve Online Discourse. Remember, "Internet: SERIOUS FUCKING BUSINESS.")---
Mr. Fnord
Raving blogger
http://www.jihad.net/
"when edison thinks down pipes into special Future Death Machine, in 21st Century another teenager on MySpace gets hit by a car." --Warren Ellis
Mr. Fnord interdimensional man of mystery

FenWiki - Your One-Stop Shop for Fenspace Information

"I. Drink. Your. NERDRAGE!"
Can I gather together some actual *supportable* facts here:
1) We are, in fact, in a geological warming cycle. According to data going back several hundred thousand years, we're in a period directly in-between the regular cooling peroids, which have historically caused Ice Ages. The peak was supposed to happen in the early 2000's (last estimate I saw was in the 22nd century).
2) NONETHELESS, the planet is warming to a far greater extent than it *should* be, even taking into account reasonable variation from the norm. According to all *credible* research on the subject, this is most likely being caused by GHG created by man-made (or man-influenced) sources. While volcanoes and the like are having an effect, evidence strongly suggests mankind's pollution is amplifying that.
--
Christopher Angel, aka JPublic
The Works of Christopher Angel
[Image: Con.gif]
www.timesonline.co.uk/art...55,00.html
Amazingly, the one community where human-caused global warming is no longer in any way "controversial" is... the community that actually knows what they're talking about. Funny, that.
Over 500 WMD samples found in Iraq since 2003--
R!
DOROTHY!
WAYNERIGHT!

--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
(Sigh)
I hate to do this to you, ECSNorway, but...
Don't get me wrong, I'm on the same page with you on this.
But you're going to have to get a different source. Multiple sources would be even better.
You may accept it coming from Fox. I may accept it. But the very fact that it's coming from Fox will turn their minds OFF.
-Logan
-----------------
"This kind of thing tends invariably to devolve into the kind of "No, Nakajima, THIS is true power!!" argument that only really works if you're yelling it from the cockpit of a giant robot . . ."
-----------------
I, however, don't hate to do this. From ye Fox News article:
Quote:
Offering the official administration response to FOX News, a senior Defense Department official pointed out that the chemical weapons were not in useable conditions.
"This does not reflect a capacity that was built up after 1991," the official said, adding the munitions "are not the WMDs this country and the rest of the world believed Iraq had, and not the WMDs for which this country went to war."
I don't know about you, man, but a cache of fifteen year old munitions that have been sitting there since '91 don't qualify as WMD. (Period - the chemical munitions would have degraded without maintenance or replenishment.)
So, nice try, but not good enough. You and Lil' Ricky can go and try again though. Maybe you'll get a lollipop next time!---
Mr. Fnord
Raving blogger
http://www.jihad.net/
"when edison thinks down pipes into special Future Death Machine, in 21st Century another teenager on MySpace gets hit by a car." --Warren Ellis
Mr. Fnord interdimensional man of mystery

FenWiki - Your One-Stop Shop for Fenspace Information

"I. Drink. Your. NERDRAGE!"
Hey, if posting from Fox is okay (actually, this is just the first place I found this):
thinkprogress.org/2006/06...s-santorum
The Department of Defence completely disavowed him. Fox's Alan Colmes, of all people, broke it to Santorum.
Did you guys actually, y'know, read your own article?
You do know that the Bush administration admitted they were "mistaken" about the WMDs ages ago, right?
You do know Bush himself has joked about it, right?
On the so-called "degradation" of chemical weapons
World War I weapons still deadly today
For over 80 years, farmers in northern France have been coming across unexploded chemical shells. In Belgium and France, there are special organizations that will come pick up these shells, and safely dispose of them. The chemicals, usually mustard gas, is often still dangerous, even after the shell has been buried since 1917 or 18. Farmers are sometimes injured when they hit one of these shells with a plow, and break it open. --
R!
DOROTHY!
WAYNERIGHT!

--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Re: On the so-called "degradation" of chemical wea
Sweetie, nobody said that they'd turned into delicious candy.
But the fact you probably shouldn't stick your head in a barrel that once contained weapons-grade mustard gas and take a big long whiff does not mean they are usable as weapons.
You are aware that you are trying to say the Defense Department - YOUR defense department - is wrong about the usability of these chemical weapons and you are right, right?
Would you care to perhaps give your academic and research credentials that back up your claim that you know better than the military what these chemical weapons are like? Perhaps a journal of your records and observations from Iraq where you were observing these weapons?
Because if can't, and you're just a random yelling yahoo that can't admit you're wrong even after your own side has said "No, this wasn't it", why, that wouldn't be thinking with your head, but rather your...