Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"You've already lost."
"You've already lost."
And America takes another step forward.

I may be perilously close to loving America right now.

*cheers*
===========

===============================================
"V, did you do something foolish?"
"Yes, and it was glorious."

We'll see. Let's hope that in this specific case he is right.

what the hell do you mean 'in this specific case'? Are you ossified in your cranium? This politician dude made a statement of opinion, and followed it
with a conclusion that he will not co-sponsor a bill. How is that 'a specific case', in which one can be 'right'?

I kinda have to assume that he DOES have a daughter, and that he IS NOT, in fact, co-sponsoring any bill to overturn this decision.
"No can brain today. Want cheezeburger."
From NGE: Nobody Dies, by Gregg Landsman
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5579457/1/NGE_Nobody_Dies

I assume he means that he agrees with the politician in question on the same-sex marriage issue but probably not on many other issues due to their respective
political orientations. Nothing to warrant insulting anyone about.

Work is blocking the site. What's going on?

Quoting the 'More Info':

"Without the support of Senate Majority Leader Mike Gronstal, efforts to amend the Iowa Constitution can not move forward in the Senate.

Below is the text of Senator Gronstal's response to Senate Minority Leader Paul McKinley of Chariton on April 6, 2009, the first day the Senate met after
the unanimous decision by the Iowa Supreme Court to allow same sex couples to marry.

Transcript

One of my daughters was in the workplace one day, and her particular workplace at that moment in time, there were a whole bunch of conservative, older men. And
those guys were talking about gay marriage. They were talking about discussions going on across the country.

Any my daughter Kate, after listening for about 20 minutes, said to them: You guys dont understand. Youve already lost. My generation doesnt care.

I think I learned something from my daughter that day, when she said that. And Ive talked with other people about it and thats what I see, Senator McKinley. I
see a bunch of people that merely want to profess their love for each other, and want state law to recognize that.

Is that so wrong? I dont think thats so wrong. As a matter of fact, last Friday night, I hugged my wife. You know Ive been married for 37 years. I hugged my
wife. I felt like our love was just a little more meaningful last Friday night because thousands of other Iowa citizens could hug each other and have the state
recognize their love for each other.

No, Senator McKinley, I will not co-sponsor a leadership bill with you. "
===========

===============================================
"V, did you do something foolish?"
"Yes, and it was glorious."

I'm glad that Iowa is taking a step forward into the 21'st century. Honestly I expected other states to do it earlier, but still Iowa deserves a
congratulation for this.
E: "Did they... did they just endorse the combination of the JSDF and US Army by showing them as two lesbian lolicons moving in together and holding hands and talking about how 'intimate' they were?"
B: "Have you forgotten so soon? They're phasing out Don't Ask, Don't Tell."
Thanks
Quote: Ayiekie wrote:

I assume he means that he agrees with the politician in question on the same-sex marriage issue but probably not on many other issues due to their respective
political orientations. Nothing to warrant insulting anyone about.
Exactly Ayiekie. Thanks.