Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It took all of a week, but the true colours are starting to show.

Memo from DHS: Use the National Guard to round up illegal immigrants
Edit: Ok fixed. Won't that be nice optics on the 6'o clock news. Guys with guns rounding up families.
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell

Ord... was that empty message intentional?
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

One fellow commenting on a Washington Post news article provided an ... interesting ... bit of perspective regarding immigrants and bigotry:

Quote:westomoon
5:05 PM EDT
I get a big private kick out of the "new nativists." My grandfather, an original nativist and proud SAR member, did not consider Italians to be white people. He also did not consider Irish or German people to be capable of full citizenship.  

So when Ryan, Giuliani, Trump, et al, rant about immigrants, I hear my grandfather spinning in his grave, spitting with outrage at these subhumans daring to speak for the America his ancestors founded...

:  Lovely person, his granddad.
-----
Big Brother is watching you.  And damn, you are so bloody BORING.
RE:
Blows dust off thread...

(11-19-2016, 05:25 PM)Rajvik Wrote: You know, I'm going to go ahead and throw a proverbial spanner in the works for all you out there that are already panicking. What it said was immediate immigrants from Muslim countries with a history of terrorism.

You do realize that the government already has this information and all they have to do is collate it. It's not like they didn't already know.

That might be what people were told. That might even be what people thought was going to be the case.

That was not, however, what actually took place. Approximately 200 Canadian permanent residents were also affected, that we know about.

Is Canada a Muslim country with a history of terrorism? No. Were these people "immediate immigrants"? No.
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
RE: It took all of a week, but the true colours are starting to show.
A fellow using the handle Guy Fawkes wrote the following on 12 June 2018, in response to a political cartoon by Jim Morin (showing Windrip raising the Soviet flag in a parody of the Iwo Jima image):

Quote:Russian hacks and Tяumper coming
We’re finally on our own
This summer I see the purges
No votes in Ohio
Gotta get down to it
Supremes are cutting us down
Should have been done long ago
What if you were poor
And found your vote refused
How can you run when you know?
Russian hacks and Tяumper coming
We’re finally on our own
This summer I see the purges
No votes in Ohio
No votes in Ohio
No votes in Ohio
-----
"The Lady of the Lake, her arm clad in the purest shimmering samite, held aloft Excalibur from the bosom of the water, signifying by divine providence that this was some killer weed."