Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Canadian Cabinet shuffle - unusual choice for Minister of Global Affairs
Canadian Cabinet shuffle - unusual choice for Minister of Global Affairs
robkelk, in the current Trump thread, Wrote:I hope you folks south of the border appreciate this: Today, we're shuffling our Cabinet so that we can better deal... er, deal better with the Trump administration.
This is interesting, in the "Chinese proverb" meaning of the word: http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/freelan ... -1.3930024

At this level of politics, that must have been a factor affecting her appointment to the job. (The Canadian Minister of Global Affairs does the same job as the USA's Secretary of State and the UK's Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs.)

At least there's no question about her being in Putin's pocket...
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

Quote:robkelk wrote:
Quote:robkelk, in the current Trump thread, wrote:
I hope you folks south of the border appreciate this: Today, we're shuffling our Cabinet so that we can better deal... er, deal better with the Trump administration.
This is interesting, in the "Chinese proverb" meaning of the word: our new Minister of External Foreign Global Affairs was - and still is - banned from entering Russia because she's an outspoken critic of Russia's annexation of Crimea.

At this level of politics, that must have been a factor affecting her appointment to the job. (The Canadian Minister of Global Affairs does the same job as the USA's Secretary of State and the UK's Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs.)

At least there's no question about her being in Putin's pocket...
No doubt Trump will soon twit:  "So Canada doesn't know what's good for them.  Sad!" (Yes, I know the verb is "Tweet."  "Twit" is more appropriate.) 

Edit:  "A very overrated country, too!"
-----
Big Brother is watching you.  And damn, you are so bloody BORING.