Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Winter Event
Re: Good time
You manage to type at all in battle? o.O
It takes me too long to switch gears between talking and fighting for me to do that. (Mind you, sometimes I'll start talking during a fight on Eri, but that's a) soloing, and b) on a regen scrapper, so she'll probably have more health after I'm done talking than when I started.)
When I'd party in FFXI I'd almost never talk at all, because unless things have gone wrong you're usually fighting, running, or getting ready to do one of those all the time, and I needed my hands on the controls ready to do things at any moment. '.'
-Morgan."Mikuru-chan molested me! I'm... so happy!"
-Haruhi, "The Ecchi of Haruhi Suzumiya"
---(Not really)
So: Ninja Night tonight? Start at 7 Eastern?--
"I give you the beautiful... the talented... the tirelessly atomic-powered...
R!
DOROTHY!
WAYNERIGHT!

--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.
SADNESS
I fear Inari/Ogami/Nogi are out of contention for tonight. I'm working until 10 eastern... I'd show up just as you pumpkin.
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll
All is not lost
I should be more about now. Off the satellite, and back to my DSL. So I could probably be there at 7 and after 10. [Image: smalldarksideoc5.png]
The Master said: "It is all in vain! I have never yet seen a man who can perceive his own faults and bring the charge home against himself."
-Analects Book V, Chaper XXVI
---

The Master said: "It is all in vain! I have never yet seen a man who can perceive his own faults and bring the charge home against himself."

>Analects: Book V, Chaper XXVI
Quote:
Well, yeah, I'm a fairly nimble typist. Most of the time. But when I go fumblefingers it tends to be drastic, and slows me down to hunt-and-peck speeds.

-- Bob
---------
I intend to be a freak for the rest of my life, and I shall baffle you with cabbages and rhinoceroses in the kitchen and incessant quotations from Now We Are Six through the mouthpiece of Lord Snooty's giant poisoned electric head. So theeeeeere....
Quote:
It depends on the character I'm playing, personally - and more importantly, whether the team can spare my attention for a moment. If I, or someone else, am damn close to dying if stuff isn't done RIGHT NOW, then I ain't gonna take the time to type.
But if the battle's proceeding well...then sure, what the hell. Especially if I'm on a debuff character. If I've already smashed all my big debuffs on the bad guys, I got a window of opportunity to chat. 'cause even if i continue to attack then, it's not like it'd make a huge difference anyway. My major contribution's already been made.
On a Blaster, I might take the time to chat immediately after dropping my nuke. 'cause even if I pop a blue inspiration or two, I don't have much endurance to do much anyway.
Even outside those specific cases, I still type chat stuff, be it random comments or RP - mid-fight. Since generally there will be moments when I find all my situation-relevant powers have been used, and there's gonna be at least a second or two before stuff recharges.
Admittedly, I type fast.
-- Acyl
OK, not a ninja night, more DHH - maybe the Twins should make a run. Folks around level 9-10?--
R!
DOROTHY!
WAYNERIGHT!

--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
I'll be there.

===============================================
"Nyan-nyan nyan-nyan nihaou nyan!"
===========

===============================================
"V, did you do something foolish?"
"Yes, and it was glorious."
As will I. Maybe a side trip to kill the Winter Lord?
--Sam
"Better than it sounds!"
Could be fun.--
R!
DOROTHY!
WAYNERIGHT!

--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Well, K-chan's now level 10 due to some playing after the BNY evening, so if my schedule works out... when was it again? (he asked, unable to scroll up because he opened a reply in the same window he used to view the thread)
ETA: (scrolls up after posting reply) Um. Tonight? Not likely, given I'm posting this 30 mins too late...

-- Bob
---------
I intend to be a freak for the rest of my life, and I shall baffle you with cabbages and rhinoceroses in the kitchen and incessant quotations from Now We Are Six through the mouthpiece of Lord Snooty's giant poisoned electric head. So theeeeeere....
You're still welcome to drop in, Bob, just log in and page one of us.--
R!
DOROTHY!
WAYNERIGHT!

--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Well. That was certainly interesting last night. We got ourselves a Winter Lord, which climbed up the side of a building, King Kong-style, and eventually kicked our little red and black butts.
Can't say it wasn't an exciting night, though.

-- Bob
---------
Quote:
and eventually kicked our cute little red and black butts
Corrected your typo. [Image: smile.gif]
ETA: Ninja Night. Tonight? Or Friday? --
R!
DOROTHY!
WAYNERIGHT!

--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Nin nin! <3
to the best of my ability, Thursday is Ninja Night
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll
Quote:
Corrected your typo.
Thank you!

-- Bob
---------