Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where I've been, July 2007
Where I've been, July 2007
Okay, y'all have noticed I haven't been on a lot.
The reason is very simple: It's too damn hot here.
Unfortunately, the way my house is set up makes my computer area quite warm in the first place, especially when I'm playing video card intensive games like CoH.
I live on the 3rd floor of a 3-floor walkup, so I get a lot of heat. Add onto that hot days with 7-10C Humidex, that massively overwhelm my AC (it's essentially a window unit, and it's working as hard as it can and can't keep up) and you essentially get a situation where I don't even want to be at the computer, let alone play games on it.
Until this lets up, don't expect me on the game much. I might play a bit at work, but that's it.--
Christopher Angel, aka JPublic
The Works of Christopher Angel
"Camaraderie, adventure, and steel on steel. The stuff of legend! Right, Boo?"
Re: Where I've been, July 2007
Awwww, you couldn't have come up with a funnier reason?
My computer was eaten by aliens?
My anime collection kidnapped me and was holding me for ransom, which my wife was very reluctant to pay?
I moved to Outter Antarctica and can't get a decent download speed?
Either way, see you when we see you! We miss you!
-Cindy-
Huh. I was just coming on to say the same thing.
Where I'm at, I don't even have AC. And my computer has been tripping the CPU overheat alarm every time it runs for more than half an hour or so. The fan is working fine and is seated, it just can't shed enough heat when it's already so warm outside the case. *sigh*
Thermometer says it's 85 in my house right now... Grr.
Anyway, I can still use my laptop, but the video card on that? Yeah, not so good with CoH. I'll be back when it cools off a bit... [Image: frown.gif]

--sofaspud
--"Listening to your kid is the audio equivalent of a Salvador Dali painting, Spud." --OpMegs
Actually, it's cooled off a bit around here, but I've got another reason now - Civ4 Beyond the Sword. I sit down to play a couple turns at 7 and all of a sudden its 3am. Mucho addictive.--
Christopher Angel, aka JPublic
The Works of Christopher Angel
"Camaraderie, adventure, and steel on steel. The stuff of legend! Right, Boo?"