Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Dumb (maybe) Question
A Dumb (maybe) Question
Okay, I haven't figured this out yet, so I'm asking here. The sets of special, named enhancement inventions that give you extra bonuses as you collect and install them -- do they all have to go on one power, or can you scatter them about?

-- Bob
---------
The Internet Is For Norns.
Re: A Dumb (maybe) Question
To get the set bonus effects, you have to have the set's enhancements in the same power.
Global: @Jimmy Amp
"Broad-minded is just another way of saying a fellow's too lazy to form an opinion." -- Will Rogers
Re: A Dumb (maybe) Question
Thanks! Now I have a clue about what I'm going to do with a certain set...

-- Bob
---------
The Internet Is For Norns.
Okay, here's MY dumb question:
(Rather than create another thread, I figured I'd tag along on Bob's Coattails of Stupidity [Image: smile.gif] )
How are you all taking screenshots that include the interface? I'm talking about the "Just spotted on Virtue" thread and its ilk. You've got a screenie showing the character, their name (?), AND the info box about said character (?!), none of which do *I* get when I press Print Screen.
What gives? (Besides me being stupid, I mean.)

--sofaspud
--"Listening to your kid is the audio equivalent of a Salvador Dali painting, Spud." --OpMegs
Re: Okay, here's MY dumb question:
The normal function of the PrtScrn button is to copy a straight screenshot into the copy buffer. CoH just doubles that up with the no-interface shot in its own directory.
Having hit the button, immediately open a paint program and hit control-V to copy the normal screenshot with interface.
--Sam
"If that's art, then art is dirty and weird!"
Before you start taking screenshots, type the command: /screenshotui 1
That'll turn on all that stuff in your screenshots.
Global: @Jimmy Amp
"Broad-minded is just another way of saying a fellow's too lazy to form an opinion." -- Will Rogers
And to disable the user-interface showing up in your saved screenshots, once more:-
/screenshotui 0
It works as a toggle, you see. So once you set it to display the user-interface in screenshots, it will continue to do so until the setting is changed.
-- Acyl
The virtue of my version is that you can save your pics as .PNG, which will result in a much smoother resolution.
The problem is that the buffer will only hold one screenshot, so rapid multiple exposure is impossible.
--Sam
"How the hell did I do that?"
Thanks, guys. I'm still in Stupid-land, but at least now I can take pretty pictures while I'm here! [Image: smile.gif]
(I did RTFM, by the way... either I missed it or it's not in there. Hmph.)

--sofaspud
--"Listening to your kid is the audio equivalent of a Salvador Dali painting, Spud." --OpMegs