Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Accolade and Irony
Accolade and Irony
As many folks know, Evangelia's been one badge each away from a good handful of accolades. One of those was the Conspiracy Theorist, for which she still needed the Infiltrator badge.
Well, after Task Force Hunter on Friday night, she was very, very close. By my estimate she needed to take down no more than 10 Paragon Protectors to get the badge and thus the accolade. I was playing on Saturday in between holiday obligations to family, wondering where I was going to find some protectors that wouldn't kick her butt, when I got a team invite out of the blue. I accepted it, and what to my wondering eyes should appear but a mission where 90% of the opposition were Paragon Protectors.
I got the badge and the accolade before we were finished with the first room.
The irony is that I might have been invited on that mish at any point in my last two levels... but I only get it when I really don't need it that much.
So anyway, Eva's now got the Ice Gun. I've fired it once. I couldn't see what it did in the heat of battle, and it took so long to recharge, I didn't use it again that mish. Anyone have experience with it and can clue me in to how useful it really is?
Thanks.

-- Bob
---------
The Internet Is For Norns.
Re: Accolade and Irony
Yeah, I can tell you. Here's the description:
Ranged, Moderate DoT(Cold), Foe Immobilize, -SPD, -Recharge
So it doesn't freeze them solid, but it slows down their attack speed, does some damage, and holds them in one spot. The visual effect is that of Icicles encasing the legs or lower part of the villain. I've worked with a couple of other people who had them. We sometimes coordinated fire of them at the beginning of a fight to help take down a boss or AV. It helps mitigate damage from the enemy for a about 10-15 Seconds or so. If you have multiple ice guns on a foe, the effect is more pronounced. This sort of mimics one of the powers in the Ice Blaster set. What's REALLY funny is if you ARE an Ice Blaster already and you pick this thing up. because if you take the Epic pool at the end that gives you further Ice powers, all of a sudden, you have about 3-4 different Hold abilities, plus this gun! Makes you look rather Controller-ish. ^_^
-Logan
-----------------
"Wake up! Time for SCIENCE!"
-Adam Savage
-----------------
Quote:
Ranged, Moderate DoT(Cold), Foe Immobilize, -SPD, -Recharge
In other words, that gun does the exact same thing as the first power in the ice powerset for controllers.
Yeah. And I think it's been nerfed somewhere along the way. Because I _distinctly_ remember it was capable of a full-on ice block freeze at some point. I guess they didn't like you taking out Praetorians by having everybody whip out the freeze guns at the start of the fight.
-Logan
-----------------
"Wake up! Time for SCIENCE!"
-Adam Savage
-----------------
Thanks for the info. I was kinda hoping for the block-of-ice freeze, but a slowdown ain't nothing to scoff at.
I'll just have to find more folks to work with who have'em, and coordinate as you describe.
Along those lines, who in the Legendary has Conspiracy Theorist?

-- Bob
---------
Nile has it, but she's only an honorary legendary member [Image: wink.gif][Image: faveosig.jpg]
Syndesis has it, but I can't remember ever really using it outside of occasional AV fights and that sort of thing...and that's rare enough that I usually forget I have the thing in the first place.
-- Acyl
Maybe we should get together and hunt Dark Astoria for Adamastor with them.

-- Bob
---------