Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Base Expansion
Base Expansion
I did say in the other thread that I wasn't on much of late. But I popped in this morning with Lora'Lai and found that we had the prestige to do some major renovations. You won't see much difference yet - but the entire plot has been expanded. I intend to open up a new wing off of the main entrance hall soon. In going through stuff I noticed an old in-game e-mail from Wide Receiver that I had somehow COMPLETELY missed, and I'm sorry about that. In regards to that, expect to see as part of the expansion an arcane enhancement table or two.
What we're going to need right now is a LOT of prestige to make this happen, though. We really _can't_ expand into the new wing without more power generation. Don't worry about control. That's covered. But the generator is straining to keep up with what we've already got. I already have a turbine generator ready to go and space enough to put it in, but the actual placement cost is about a million away now. I could ALMOST place the damn thing already, but there was no way to make it fit on the old plot without giving up major portions of what we already have. And I'm loathe to do that. Just as soon as we've got the prestige, I can place the turbine and start opening up the new wing.
One of the things I want to do is consolidate our teleporters into a couple of large rooms, instead of spread out like they are. As well as the workshops. I want ONE large workshop instead of 2-3 rooms. With the expansion, we've got enough room to juggle things around and reorient things without losing equipment in the process.
So... get on your mid-level range characters and turn on Supergroup mode and go bash some bad guys! Or those of you at level 50, go do a Shadow Shard Task Force or something. And we'll have some cool new stuff in a couple of weeks to a month!-Logan
-----------------
"This kind of thing tends invariably to devolve into the kind of "No, Nakajima, THIS is true power!!" argument that only really works if you're yelling it from the cockpit of a giant robot . . ."
-----------------
Re: Base Expansion
Okay, Evangelia just hit 34 this weekend, and got the official warning about Influence-vs-Prestige. If one of our generous L50 folks is willing to bankroll me for my enhancement purchases, I'll never take her out of SG mode. Just to do my bit toward getting that million-plus.
-- Bob
---------
...The President is on the line
As ninety-nine crab rangoons go by...
Re: Base Expansion
With the amount of lvl 50 characters willing to donate money to anyone who asks, Yukiyo will never exit SG mode.
Oh and, Logan, due to my VodkofInc SG having a base, I have a few questions regarding base creation, would you mind answering them whenever we meet in-game?
Banrolled
Everyone can consider themselves bankrolled. Bella is currently sitting on a couple of million, and with Min's assistance (F/F/F Blaster buffed and protected by an Empathy Defender cleans missions out faster than you can say Jack Robinson. Lots of influence there. AOEeeeee I'm on fire! for the win.)
My Lovely Wife is on more than I am these days, but I am usually about (in the shop, etc.) So I can be reached pretty easily.
(I have been running Bella while leveling Min, but in SG mode - unfortunately the rewards seem pretty meagre.)
Re: Banrolled
Hold off on base renovations until the next patch. They're dropping rent to be based on plot size, not what you've put in it.--
Christopher Angel, aka JPublic
The Works of Christopher Angel
"Camaraderie, adventure, and steel on steel. The stuff of legend! Right, Boo?"
Re: Banrolled
Re: Bankrolling. Great and thank you. Eva's got 1.4 million already, but now I don't have to make the hard decision between enhances and base.
-- Bob
---------
...The President is on the line
As ninety-nine crab rangoons go by...