Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quick little story
Quick little story
Morgan and Bella walked into the Legendary base together. Several members wondered privately if Bella was upset, as she was talking rapidly in Spanish. No, that couldnt be it, when Bella was upset things tended to catch fire or explode. Or both. The two had just returned from a trip to Spain together, and from the postcards they had sent to the base, it sounded like theyd had a wonderful time. They had come to the base to drop off souvenirs they had picked up for members of the SG. There were cheers in greeting as the couple entered and Bellas apparent anger subsided as greetings and gifts were exchanged.
So, tell us all about your trip. Space Mage asked as they all sat down in the lounge to hear the tale. Her eyes glowed in excitement and you just knew she was eager to hear all the details.
Morgan cleared his throat and glanced at Bella quickly before starting. She didnt even look at him. It was fantastic. Madrid is a fabulous city. Bella let me play tourist and we went to all the museums and churches. And the food! Morgan rolled his eyes and issued a groan. The food was fabulous.
The retelling of the sights and sounds and tastes of Spain took a good deal of time as more members entered the room and salutations and gifts were exchanged.
Someone asked the inevitable question, Did you see a bullfight?
This was where the room went quiet as Morgan glanced quickly at Bella, Yes. was all he said.
That got all the younger members excited and they began asking questions. Was it gross, did the bull really die, did the bullfighter. As the questions were asked no one seemed to notice Bella try and slip away, except Morgan, who answered the questions and then tried to turn the focus of the conversation. It didnt work, they were too eager.
This was the point were Bella began to laugh quietly to herself. She went briefly to a computer terminal, pulled up a website, printed off a document and went back to join the group. Just let them read about the bullfight for themselves Morgan. She handed the paper to Space Mage.
AP, Madrid. A new style of bullfighting has been shown to the people of Madrid today. American hero Morgan Mac Hine entered the ring to face off . She stopped talking out loud, and her moth hung open as she continued to read in silence. She turned to Morgan. You knocked out the bull with a kick to the head?
The group around Morgan stared at him incredulously. Morgan squirmed in his seat a moment. Well, yeah. See they gave me this estoque, its a sword. And youre supposed to stab the bull. He got up and went through the motions. But see, I never trained in sword forms and when theres a 1200 pound angry animal running towards you, well, instinct took over. He bent down and whispered to the group, Bella was very supportive about the whole thing and offered to burn anyone who disputed the fight.
Bella was laughing. You did well Morgan, I was very proud of you. You earned your traje de luces. The group stared at Morgan, their mouths hanging open. With a put upon sigh he activated his costume crystal. Black leather shoes, tight black pants, a Mac Hine green shirt and the traje de luces, coat of lights.

Morgan COL
Ok, there's a story behind this story. I was watching Strictly Ballroom this morning, and if you haven't seen it, shame on you, it's a fabulous movie. Anyway, the main character, Scott, is loaned a Coat of Lights by the heroine, Fran's, father. For those of you who don't know, a Coat of Lights is worn by bullfighters, it's all sequiny and glowy. So I started wongering...gee, Bella likes Bullfighting, to impress her, Morgan would get in the ring, and then in my head I saw him do that Eagle's Claw move - where he jumps, gets the guy in the head and back flips out - on a bull. I hurt myself trying not to laugh too loud so as not to wake up The Rev. It's too bad COH costumes don't have a lot of texture. Oh well. It'll have to do.....for now :-)
Re: Quick little story
Boot to the head!!
[Image: laugh.gif]
Global: @Jimmy Amp
"Broad-minded is just another way of saying a fellow's too lazy to form an opinion." -- Will Rogers
Re: Quick little story
Quote:
Boot to the head!!
Bull: Mind if I just lie down here for a moment?

-- Bob
---------
...The President is on the line
As ninety-nine crab rangoons go by...
heh
Morgan needs boots with "Head-On" written on them.
Why?
"Head-On: Apply Directly to the Forehead."
^_^
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll
Boot to the head
The martial artist vrs bull thing is not new. Mas Oyama, one of the strongest kyokoshinkai karatakas; also known as 'Oh shit it's him, run!' was known for his going one on one with a mad, killer, bull. Rather than kick it, Mas used a hammerfist to the back of the bull's thick, bovine skull, the blow reducing the bull from nearly a ton of pissed off Matador mauler, to so much burger-ready meat.
And Bella would find it sweet, and quite sexy that Morgan was willing to leap into the bullfighting ring for her. Ole'.