Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Next Generation - Mac Heisman (Plus fiction, kinda)
Re: Next Gen Heroes
Quote:
Though thinking about it, I'd rather go as one of Min and Wide's kids [Image: wink.gif]
Drogan, you're welcome to play one of Min and Wide's chidlren. A few 'rules' I gues about them. Female toons have names starting with M. Already taken are (Obviously Minuet, Meredith, Marianne, Margaret - all first gen; and Maureen, Mackenzie, Marie in 2nd gen). Male toons have names related to sports figures - as stated somewhere above in one of Foxboy's posts. Hair colour is sort of restricted to red, blonde or strawberry blonde.
Height and body size - remember Wide is Huge and Min is tiny so you should have plenty of options. Unlike the first generation of Mac Hine's (who have a green fetish) these children pretty much wear whatever colour they want. But the official Mac Hine green is 2 across, 8 down starting left to right, with black being the highlight.
Family history wise, although Min and her siblings call thier father The Mac Hine, he's become significantly more relaxed with the arrival of a passel of grandchildren and allows them to call him Grandad.
Although originally I had thought only Min would have children, if anyone else is wishing to play a Mac Hine grandchild, there are other siblings, just let me know and I'll give you background info.
And on that note .....after only a little bit of pleading and much thought on Rev's part, Madrid Santos Mac Hine is born! (Bella Fuego's and Morgan's son - a fire tanker). He's been spinning around in my brain for a LOOOOOOOONG time. (I'd post a picture but my gallery is down while my brother moves. I'll get Rev to post one tonight)
OK, time to get ready for work. -Cindy
Given the guidelines, would you be opposed to Mab Heisman, who falls slightly ahead of Mac in order and is much more mysical in nature.
I see her as a one interested in the magical nature of Paragon, and is completely uninterested in science.
Hm. Can't wait to get home and see, now...Without a word...
Mab
Go for it Drogan! Can't wait to meet her! :-) -C-
Quote:
You have no ideas, come on Bob
Just because at that point I was still reacting to the idea and hadn't had the time to give it some thought. Right now I'm leaning toward a child of Looney Toons and Shadowwalker, but I haven't really come up with a powerset. Or a name (although "Luna Toons" -- or "Lina Toons" -- for a daughter crossed my mind before bed last night). In fact, about the only thing I'm sure of is the character will have strawberry blonde hair.
-- Bob
---------
...The President is on the line
As ninety-nine crab rangoons go by...
Quote:
Based on discussion earlier tonight: Do we assume that the Little Legends are living in the 2020's... or is Justice Server the home of the Earth-2 Legendary, who were big in the '80s, making LL the equivalent of Infinity Incorporated? ^.^
I've actually been assuming the Earth-2 thing. That is, on Justice...the original Legendary were heroes from the 80's. The reason why I favour that... it's less messy if we have to deal with other RPers.
Granted, there aren't as many RPers on Justice as compared to, say, Virtue, and it's not a subject that might directly come up in conversation. But there are some, and it could be a potential clash. True, clashes can be glossed over, but... =)
And Drogan...yes. Yes, yes, yes.
Mac's 12. That'd make a sister just ahead of her 13. Mac's 5 feet tall in-game, by the way, as a point of reference. And of course, she's crazy SCIENCE!, so a mage sibling...oh dear, oh dear, oh dear.
Bwahahaha.
I'm kinda surprised that The Spawn Of Sangnoir doesn't have established powers. >_o I mean, her existence certainly is; isn't Shadowwalker's pregnancy-unbeknowest-to-Doug "canon", and wasn't taking the kid and skipping town the current working premise for Drunkard's Vacation?
On the other hand, I s'pose that just establishes her as a child and some facets of personality, p'haps, not powers, per-se. Hm.
-- Acyl
*Reads list again*
Mmm... there is no mention of the "There shall be no sleepovers at Yukini's place" rule in there.
81. There shall be no sleepovers at Yukini's place.
81a. Not even if Auntie Yukiyo makes the special cookies.
81b. Yukini's bedroom is not "wicked cool".
81c. Auntie Yukiyo can live in a special circle of Hell because she's an archmage. I am not an archmage.
81d. I cannot become an archmage.
-- Acyl
Mmm... there's tiny change I'd like to make if you don't mind.
81c. Auntie Yukiyo can live in a special circle of Hell because she's a demonic magical girl. I am not a demonic magical girl.
81d. I cannot become a demonic magical girl.
My reasoning for that is that the title of Archmage, much like, say, the title of PhD is granted by stuffy old men, and there's no way they'll grant a title to someone who literally works with/for demons.
suggestion
Luna Toons....
Storm/sonic def. Based on the version of LT that exists in Paragon from Virtue and Infinity.
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll
Hoo boy
Hmmmm... I have some pondering to do. I don't usually create that much background for my characters, but it sounds like fun. Tempestador and Schiavonar have the most thought-out background so far, but that isn't saying much. I haven't even decided if Shining Binary was a hero before his Kheldian merging.
Argh.
Ding! Just remembered as I type this: I had previously created Schiavonar on Justice as an experiment, then made a copy on Infinity for the EC Legendary. Since the idea behind him is a hereditary title passed down from father to son, along with the family sword (a schiavona is an Italian broadsword) I can make the one on Justice be the other's son. Perfect!
Global: @Jimmy Amp
"Broad-minded is just another way of saying a fellow's too lazy to form an opinion." -- Will Rogers
Quote:
My reasoning for that is that the title of Archmage, much like, say, the title of PhD is granted by stuffy old men, and there's no way they'll grant a title to someone who literally works with/for demons.
Not in Paragon. In Paragon, Archmage is a badge. Anyone can be an Archmage. Hell, Numero Catorce could be an Archmage, and he doesn't have a magical bone in his body. A fact which boggles the Circle to no end (that whole "must have magic to fight magic" argument goes right out the window when a six-foot Mexican wrestler beats the frijoles out of your Behemoth Overlord with nothing but his bare hands and a sleeper hold).Ebony the Black Dragon
Senior Editor, Living Room Games
http://www.lrgames.com
Ebony the Black Dragon
http://ebony14.livejournal.com

"Good night, and may the Good Lord take a Viking to you."
Really? Mmm... how do you get that badge?
Oh and, Yukiyo recently received her new title, and while I'm still level 25, I'd like to know if The Extraordinary Baffling Yukiyo is ok, or if I'd better remove Extraordinary from that.
Quote:
I'm kinda surprised that The Spawn Of Sangnoir doesn't have established powers. >_o I mean, her existence certainly is;
I think you've been reading the Earth-2 version of Drunkard's Walk...
Quote:
isn't Shadowwalker's pregnancy-unbeknowest-to-Doug "canon", and wasn't taking the kid and skipping town the current working premise for Drunkard's Vacation?
Um, no?
-- Bob
---------
Re: suggestion
Quote:
Luna Toons....
Storm/sonic def. Based on the version of LT that exists in Paragon from Virtue and Infinity.
That is much along the lines that I was thinking on. It hasn't yet grabbed me and said, "you must do this" yet, though...
-- Bob
---------
Quote:
It's actually an accolade, if I remember correctly. I'll check this against my notes when I get home, but you need to get about half a dozen other badges, mostly magic-related.
-- Bob
---------
Hmmm.
Now I'm tempted.
And the mention of Auntie Nogitsune is tempting me more.
Because, you see, 12 years old is the perfect age for a Kumogakure Academy Graduate.
And Misao would surely have made Jounin by this point.
Anyone for some fellow genin? --
"I give you the beautiful... the talented... the tirelessly atomic-powered...
R!
DOROTHY!
WAYNERIGHT!

--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.
Quote:
Look here. It looks to be four exploration badges and four "defeat x enemies" badges. Not difficult, but some of the enemies don't show up until higher levels.Ebony the Black Dragon
Senior Editor, Living Room Games
http://www.lrgames.com
Ebony the Black Dragon
http://ebony14.livejournal.com

"Good night, and may the Good Lord take a Viking to you."
Archmage accolade requires:
Banisher: Defeat 200 Banished Pantheon Masks
Illusionist: Defeat 500 summoned Illusionist decoys which are spawned by the Master Illusionist
Soul Binder: Defeat 100 Circle of Thorns mages (any type)
Tracer: Defeat 100 Tsoo Sorcerers
And the exploration badges:
Mystic (Brickstown)
Dark Mystic (Dark Astoria)
Faultless Mystic (Faultline)
Mystic King/Mystic Queen (Kings Row)
The accolade gives the Arch-Mage of Agony gladiator and:
Upon acquiring this badge, a hero will earn the Eye of the Magus power.
Eye of the Magus Self: +Resistance(All but Psionics) +Defense(All but Psionics) -Speed, -Recharge, -Accuracy
When you activate the Eye of the Magus, you are granted a very high bonus to Defense and Damage Resistance for one minute. You can only activate the Eye of the Magus once every 25 minutes.

My regen scrapper has tanked many an AV with Eye of the Magus. The villain version is the Demonic accolade.

Global: @Jimmy Amp
"Broad-minded is just another way of saying a fellow's too lazy to form an opinion." -- Will Rogers
Oh, that could be a very interesting power for a blaster to have, if only for those situations where survival takes precedence over offence.
As for those badges, it seems that only the Illusionist Badge is trouble at my level.
Oh and, could someone please tell me if Yukiyo's title sounds stupid?
Say hello to....
Luna Toons.
[Image: lunatoons.jpg]
-- Bob
---------
Re: Say hello to....
Bob, that costume is ADORABLE. o_o
-- Acyl
Thanks! It's a little bit of both Looney's and the prototype Shadowwalker outfit I created. She's also wearing her hair like her mother.
-- Bob
---------
Say hello to....
New BRUCE
[Image: newbruce.jpg]--
Christopher Angel, aka JPublic
The Works of Christopher Angel
"Camaraderie, adventure, and steel on steel. The stuff of legend! Right, Boo?"
Re: The Next Generation - Mac Heisman (Plus fiction, kinda)
Just as an aside, I was unhappy with the way Iluvia was as Maureen Mac Hine Heisman, personality and powerset, so she is no longer Maureen. She is now Rainy Day, the daughter of Windy Day of IST Paragon City. I've changed her look a little bit so as not to confuse people. As for Maureen.....I'm thinking katana scrapper. I'll test it out tonight in Outbreak and see how I like it.
-Cindy
Quote:
New BRUCE
Ahhh! I saw the name in the roster, but couldn't imagine who/what it might be...
-- Bob
---------