Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Virtue Server's Punday night winner: Happy Grin!
Virtue Server's Punday night winner: Happy Grin!
here's proof!
Linky
A pun contest run by "major" players from the Virtue Boards.
Poor Grin, his allergy flared up a lot since the judges and three of the competitors were catgirls...
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll
Re: Virtue Server's Punday night winner: Happy Grin!
o_O
CONGRATULATIONS.
@_@/
-- Acyl
Re: Virtue Server's Punday night winner: Happy Grin!
Congrats again.
Here's another shot of Happy showing off to two capes. I didn't get a good one of that costume from the front, but man is it wrong.
As an aside I find it rather funny that Hex has a pure black cat and Min a pure white one (or nearly so).
--
A song which, upon first hearing, made me realize that Evil gets
all the really good music.
-- Mark C. Langston
Punday Champ
And what he asks, welcoming the pain, was the winning pun?
winning pun
Quote:
And as the space shark devoured the hapless astronauts, thier commander whaled, "Oh, the huge manatee! What are we going to du, gong?"
Or something like that. The first rounds are random punning on a topic around a circle until someone has to bow out. Then, when down to the final two, it turns into "story time."
The punners have to tell a story given by the judges in synopsis. they have two rounds of free-form puns, two rounds of enforced theme, and then theme and time limit.
Our story time was the tale of the evolution of the landshark: the space shark... "... Candygram."
We used seafood and space puns until we were told to switch to underwater mammals for our puns. I was fortunate to know more whales and sea creatures.
Eventually, my opponent had to MAKE UP a whale and got disqualified. ["Tiger Whale" btw]
It was just as well: the story was going narwhal.
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat

-- James Nicoll
Ack
Or in the best Egyptian sense, did your your opponent's body make the trip to pun afterlife, or Ka?
Re: Ack
Neither, She caught a cold afterwards and has been sick ever
since.[Image: smile.gif] And for the record, she gave up after finding out there was no such thing as a Tiger whale. Thinking of a whale shark and suffered a mental malfunction or 'brain fart' and that as they say was that.
hm
I will retract the snippy version of events. *blush*

-- James Nicoll
Re: hm
Thanks. and see you next monday I hope!