Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I have a question!
I have a question!
Once again I'm probably too curious for my own good.
I was on Pinnacle this morning and was checking out the toons around me. One of them in his Powers list had Items_Of_Power: Anger Monument blah blah blah....
So, what's an Item_Of_Power?
-Cindy
Re: I have a question!
I *believe* that Items_of_Power are base items that are awarded at the completetion of the Cathedral of Pain SG Raid.
I'm not certain as to how one goes about getting said raid, though.Without a word...
It's in the mission computer.
The Cathedral of Pain was a promised feature in City of Villains...and, well, it's never worked right.
It did go live for a month in...mmm...September or October, I forget. Then it went offline again. The idea was to have it on for a month, then off for another, and so on.
But if I remember correctly, one of the devs said it won't be coming back on schedule, because some new bugs have surfaced. [Image: wink.gif]
-- Acyl
Items of Power are the reward for a supergroup beating the Cathedral of Pain Trial through the SG Base Mission Computer and a Raid Telepad. The SG base has to be prepared with 6 IOP anchors placed around (they look like dreamcatchers) and an IOP altar. The max team size for the Trial is 3 full teams of 8(!). It takes place in the Shadow Shard, and everyone is autoleveled to 50. The Trial is supposed to be available for 7 days, then down for 21 days, after which Items captured disappear so the SG has to undergo the Trial again to get it. Or steal one from another SG in the yet-to-be-fixed Base Raids. As soon as an SG acquires an IOP, their base is eligible to be raided. The Trial is currently down because of the latest bug found in it. Any IOPs captured while it was up aren't going to go away until the exploit is fixed.
Items of Power give a bonus of some sort to every member of the SG it belongs to. The Anger Monument is a bonus to damage dealt. Some give bonus exp, others reduce debt. Can't remember the others.
Global: @Jimmy Amp
"Broad-minded is just another way of saying a fellow's too lazy to form an opinion." -- Will Rogers
Honestly, that sounds like a lot more trouble than it's worth.
-- Bob
---------
...The President is on the line
As ninety-nine crab rangoons go by...
Yup, it definitely is for all but the largest SGs. Getting all the required stuff set up costs way too much Prestige, especially having a Secure base plot, which is what you need to set up defenses.
Global: @Jimmy Amp
"Broad-minded is just another way of saying a fellow's too lazy to form an opinion." -- Will Rogers
Is there a base editor you can mess with just for fun, like the costume generator?--
"I give you the beautiful... the talented... the tirelessly atomic-powered...
R!
DOROTHY!
WAYNERIGHT!

--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.
Not as such, no.
You can do anything you want at Icon/Facemaker with an existing character...and just exit out if you don't want the changes to stick.
But...y'can't really play with the base editor in the same way. You need to be in an SG, and...you can only place things you actually can afford...
...and there's no reset button or 'exit without saving changes'. When you alter something, you alter something.
So.
-- Acyl