Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Planned TaskForce on Friday
Planned TaskForce on Friday
After a test run on Monday, Yukiyo and the Techno Gentleman will be doing Positron's task force Friday starting at 6:00 PM.
Anyone who wishes to join will be welcomed with open arms, or at the very least cheerful pats on the back, and any information and/or advice would be very appreciated.
Also, how long does it usually take to complete?
Re: Planned TaskForce on Friday
I'll never understand why the most frustrating task force is the one that the game introduces you to first.
Posi can last a few hours under the best circumstances. The minimum team size is 3, and you really should try to do it with the minimum. A large team on Posi gives you typical CoT spawns with 2 Ruin Mage bubbler-bosses per group, and with the max TF level at 15, almost no one will have any mez protection. The deaths pile up quickly.
The best experience I ever had running Posi was with a starting team of 3 (my regen scrapper, a tanker, and a blaster). The blaster dropped out about 1/4 into it, and the tanker and I chewed up the rest of the TF very quickly. It was like night and day, compared to a large team.
Global: @Jimmy Amp
"Broad-minded is just another way of saying a fellow's too lazy to form an opinion." -- Will Rogers
So...
In other words, we should do what we did for the test, grab a third person to start the TF, and then keep going on our own?
The main problem with that is that we are both blasters, so, ideally, we could use some Tanker or Defender support.
Re: So...
I'd volunteer 'Panzer... but I suspect that she may hit 16 during Bob's Caverns run.
Hm. First time I've had that problem.
If she doesn't, though, I'll be in touch.
Ja, -n

===============================================
"Puripuri puripuri... Bang!"
Re: So...
Even if you do hit 16, you'll just auto-exemp down to 15 for the TF.
Global: @Jimmy Amp
"Broad-minded is just another way of saying a fellow's too lazy to form an opinion." -- Will Rogers
Re: Planned TaskForce on Friday
Quote:
Also, how long does it usually take to complete?
That's a tough one. I've heard of extremely efficient teams running Positron in a couple of hours. But...
The last time I did it, with Superball, Wide Receiver, and Minuet Mac Hine (Scrapper, Tanker, Defender) - all of us exemplar'd.
It took us, I think, somewhere around 5 hours. And I'd like to think we're decent players, y'know? So I'd budget that long, at least.
It's a pretty long and harsh road, especially given the tough mob types and the fact you really don't have that many powers at level 15.
The Positron TF is also pretty damn unfufilling, because there's no epic cool fight at the end, no special mission map, no sense that you've done anything when you finish it. It totally sucks. There's no drama. There's no nothing. =P
6 pm Eastern on Friday, hm? Hn. I might be able to help...but I'm hesitant to commit, 'cause I might have to leave before the end. Hell, dunno if I'll even be free...
We'll see.
Space Mage would be useful, though, since she's a defender with team stealth (Shadow Fall) and TP (Recall Friend).
There's a few missions in the TF that can be stealthed, you see, which makes it go much faster. I'll try to be there, but I can't really promise.
-- Acyl
heh...
If being too high a level was a problem, neither Yukiyo nor Techno Gentleman could do that TF, we are level 20 and 24 respectively.
Mmm...
Quote:
The Positron TF is also pretty damn unfufilling, because there's no epic cool fight at the end, no special mission map, no sense that you've done anything when you finish it. It totally sucks. There's no drama. There's no nothing. =P
From the bit we did for the test, I got that feeling as well.
"Oh hey, there's some Vahzilok messing around. I'd do it on my own but Stateman says I need to give some Task Forces so why don't you take care of them instead?"
*we do the mission*
"You're not bad, I spied on you through the mission. You're so good, why don't you pound on some clockworks and bring me back a still working piece."
We stopped the test at that point, and I was feeling like asking Positron if I had a sign with "Super Errand Boy" on my back.
Thibor's Reaction to Positron.
www.magma.ca/~revdark/COH...sitron.gif
Re: Thibor's Reaction to Positron.
Heh, I remember that gif, and it's the reason why I'm asking for information BEFORE jumping in.
It's remarkably easy. I solo'd it once with my Illusion/Kin controller.
Just go with 4 people or less, otheriwse you're screwed.--
Christopher Angel, aka JPublic
The Works of Christopher Angel
"Camaraderie, adventure, and steel on steel. The stuff of legend! Right, Boo?"
I've done Positron a couple of times... there are some decent guides, but they're mainly useful for giving you and idea how much you have left to do.
The first few missions are front-loaded and hard (esp. for large or careless teams) but you can stealth to the objective if the team has that ability.
After that, it's annoyingly like doing a long string of regular missions without being able to switch contacts or go shopping. It's not until the final few missions, where you start running into multiple types of mobs inside, that things get vaguely interesting again.
Hmmm...
I may be able to sqeak in, Maybe. Shizuru needs to run this anyway.
In the epic rage of furious thunder
legends create their tales
when the twilight calls and the dark lord falls
our glory will prevail

[Image: strikersetcfinal9_th.jpg]
In the epic rage of furious thunder
legends create their tales
when the twilight calls and the dark lord falls
our glory will prevail

[Image: strikersetcfinal9_th.jpg]
Re: Hmmm...
Well, actually, it was planned last Friday, and Techno ended up leaving saying "Be back in 15 minutes" and ended up not coming back for 1-2 hours at which point, I logged out and took care of a few things that needed being done around the house.
However, we were planning on doing a TF next friday, but we were thinking of doing Sister Psyche's so that we'd actually get XP for it.