Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I have decided
Re: I have decided
Well, if you want the marching band look, there is the hat ... ^.^
--Sam
"It's a YULE TIDE!"
Yes well, His Lovely Wife isn't partial to the large robotic glove things on her characters. Doesn't mean they're not a good idea on other peoples.
I do like the yellow medieval armour, I think that rocks. Like I said in game to Acyl, the face tatoos are a nice idea, I'm not sure black is the way to go though. I like the gloves on Bachelor number 3. The jewels are a nice touch, I agree with Acyl in that their power has to come from a relatively similar place.
Now here's a question. Does it have to be male badguys? I ask because I'm having a hard time playing my male toons lately. Not identifying with them anymore. But I am having fun with my female MM in the GLL (Freedom) and I blame Acyl for telling me MMs are addictive so I had to go and try one. ;-) Sheesh, Acyl is turning into a MM pusher! ;-)
-Cindy
ETA: I like jpubs ideas for naming ex: Jumping Jack Flash style and the use of rare metals. I think that would rock too.
Here goes...
[Image: Jonas.png]
Jonas the Meltdown, rad/rad corruptor
--Sam
"A su... a supe... a supervillain?... THANK YOU GOD!"
Quote:
Does it have to be male badguys?
I can't speak for the panel, of course. But personally, no, I don't think it does. Remember, we were talking about making the backers of the villain-side team...a republic or democracy, instead of a magical kingdom or anything like that.
Perhaps more militant in setup, considering what we're proposing for their gear. But extending the metaphor of the modern military...I'd say the team should be mostly male, predominantly male...but there's nothing wrong with a female member or three.
Of course...I think we were working on the premise that they should be all male as...well, I dunno, playing on anime cliches and conventions. Team of evil bishounen and all that.
*shrug* Thoughts? [Image: wink.gif]
-- Acyl
Quote:
Jonas the Meltdown, rad/rad corruptor
--Sam
"A su... a supe... a supervillain?... THANK YOU GOD!"
The green armor made me smile.
The bright blue pants made me grimace.
The quote just broke me. Completely.
-- Acyl
Quote:
The bright blue pants made me grimace.
He's still standing next to the first mission-guy in Breakout, I could easily go back and reroll him in more subdued pants... ^.^
Quote:
The quote just broke me. Completely.
The Tick and Arthur happen upon the Red Scare, the first properly costumed badguy they've encountered after several issues of nothing but ninja. [Image: smile.gif]
--Sam
"I must break you."
"Oo -- he's good!"
Quote:
Name the Noun, the format used for Trigun's Gung-Ho Guns, might make an excellent option.
Taria the Onslaught: I was hoping no one would bring that up...
(A number of my characters have alternate names of that format.)
-Morgan, the Dual. '.'"I have no interest in ordinary humans. If there are any aliens, time travelers, or espers here, come sleep with me."
---From "The Ecchi of Haruhi Suzumiya"
-----(Not really)
Quote:
Taria the Onslaught: I was hoping no one would bring that up...
(A number of my characters have alternate names of that format.)
*snrk*
It is, though, the format we seem to have settled on, since a few of us have already rolled characters and started rampaging around the Rogue Isles. We got Eli the Doomsday, Frankee the Ferous, Aaron the Blizzard and Ezekiel the Whisper together earlier tonight. That was a blast.
[Image: ezekiel.jpg]
Final design for Ezekiel the Whisper. As you can see, he used to be a Goldbricker before he was recruited. Sonic/Kin Corruptor.
Ezekiel: "The more things change..."
-- Acyl
Okay, at some point we need to hack out a coherent roster list for the bad guys - and also come up with a name for 'em. I think Foxboy's been referring to them as the Republican Guard, but we miiiight not wanna keep that. Or do we? [Image: wink.gif]
But we've also gotta settle naming scheme and costume design for the hero-side kamen. If any. Do we want to standardise that?
Also, while we've filled out the entire list of initial magical girls as proposed by Valles, is there room for any more?
A friend of His Lovely Wife's (I think, anyway) was considering joining our little group. We were discussing whether they'd have to create a kamen or hanger-on, or whether they could still make one of the girls.
And I believe there is space. Granted, each of the girls needs to represent a sufficiently large universal concept - but there's a couple of gaps I can think of.
Sara of the Earth was rolled as a Plant/Fire Dominator...well, that's the concept of Earth as Gaea, the embodiment of nature and living things.
But how about simply the ground itself? You know, the solid stuff we all stand on. Rocks, stones...I think we've still got room for an "of the Stone" or "of the Sands". An Earth Controller or Stone Tank. The latter preferable, of course, since we're so squishy-heavy right now.
I think we could also swing an "of the Light"...a Peacebringer, Eng/Eng Blaster, Eng/Inv Tanker, or Ill/Kin Controller, Kin/Eng Defender...something like that, anyway. It overlaps somewhat with Stars, but no worse than the overlap between Storms and Thunder.
On the subject of the Kamens... I'm thinking they should be mostly Scrappers and Tanks, to balance out the ATs. Since, right now, among the girls there's only one scrapper. And I think it makes sense for the Kamens to be up front like that, providing the melee line.
The way I envisioned 'em...well, to me, it'd be ideal if the Kamens used the weapon sets, in contrast to the strong elemental power and "energy blast" focus of the girls.
IE, Axe and Mace Tanks, Claws, Katana, and Broadsword Scrappers. Super Strength and Martial Arts could work as well. That ain't to say that the other sets couldn't work...you could pretend Spines are roses or something...
-- Acyl
Kind of makes me wonder what the backstory on the "kamens" are. Depending on how they fit into things anything might be kind of reasonable for them.
(And I kind of wish you'd suggested Light before, since I'd really be more interested in playing a tanker than another scrapper... Too attached to this idea now though. '.' )
I must have missed a memo, why exactly is the Earth we have on the villain side? '.'
-Morgan."I have no interest in ordinary humans. If there are any aliens, time travelers, or espers here, come sleep with me."
-----(Not really)
Based on the group missions I've so far been in? We really could use a tank. ^.^
And how much, if anything, does the team even know yet, backstory-wise? Were there announcements or just armor from nowhere?
--Sam
"I studied and trained for nearly three weeks!"
Quote:
I must have missed a memo, why exactly is the Earth we have on the villain side? '.'
Why would Sara, a perfectly decent human being despite being a Plant/Fire Dominator, want to side with the likes of Arachnos and their kind?
Because they have resources she can use, she needs, and ripping them apart to gain control of them sits easier on her conscience than any of the other places she could find such things.
Why would she do that?
Hey brother christian, with your high and mighty errands,
Your actions speak so loud I can't hear a word you're saying
Hey sister bleeding heart with all of your compassion
Your labors sooth the hurt but can't assuage temptation
Hey man of science, with your perfect rules of measure,
Can you improve this place with the data that you gather?
Hey mother mercy, can your loins bear fruit forever?
Is your fecundity a trammel or a treasure?
And I want to conquer the world
Give all the idiots a brand new religion
Put an end to poverty, uncleanliness and toil
Promote equality in all of my decisions
With a quick wind of the eye
And a, 'God, you must be joking!'
Hey mister diplomat, with your worldly aspirations,
Did you see your children cry when you left them at the station?
Hey moral soldier, you've got righteous proclamations,
And precious tomes to fuel your pulpy conflagrations.
And I want to conquer the world
Give all the idiots a brand new religion
Put an end to poverty uncleanliness and toil
Promote equality in all of my decisions
I want to conquer the world,
Expose the culprits, and feed them to the children
I'll do away with air pollution, and then I'll save the whales.
We'll have peace on earth and global communion.
I want to conquer the world.
I want to conquer the world!

Bad Religion, "I Want to Conquer the World," No Control
Ja, -n
(Gaia is an earth goddess... but so is Pele.)
ETA: Oh, and Eli? It's 'Doomsday' only because 'Doomsday Book' was too long. You will be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, and numbered. Those are the rules.

===============================================
"Puripuri puripuri... Bang!"
Quote:
Okay, at some point we need to hack out a coherent roster list for the bad guys - and also come up with a name for 'em. I think Foxboy's been referring to them as the Republican Guard, but we miiiight not wanna keep that. Or do we? [Image: wink.gif]
Not certain, myself...
But what's the name of their world? We've got Yrmaw ( [Image: smile.gif] ) on the one hand, and their rival magical world on the other...
Rai-Baru?
--Sam
"This is graveness."
Quote:
The way I envisioned 'em...well, to me, it'd be ideal if the Kamens used the weapon sets, in contrast to the strong elemental power and "energy blast" focus of the girls.
IE, Axe and Mace Tanks, Claws, Katana, and Broadsword Scrappers.
Sounds to me like Rex Quondam should definitely moonlight as a freelance Kamen, or maybe their elder mentor. [Image: smile.gif]
--Sam
"Camelot!"
"Camelot!"
"Camelot!!"
"...It's only a model."
"Sssh."
Quote:
A friend of His Lovely Wife's (I think, anyway) was considering joining our little group. We were discussing whether they'd have to create a kamen or hanger-on, or whether they could still make one of the girls.
Yes, it is a friend of mine that is interested. She'd be very good in the role as she is an anime fan to the nth degree (she's the one who recommended Vandred to us. Love her for that one! :-)
So why wouldn't she be able to make one of the girls if she choses? Does it say somewhere that there can only be one person with that powerset? Is it anti-magical girl to have redundency? because if it is, we already have a problem as I can think of Lia and Tanya both have Ice manipulation as a secondary power set.
J, if you're reading this, make who and what you want. Where there is a will and all that. :-)
Later! -Cindy
Quote:
So why wouldn't she be able to make one of the girls if she choses? Does it say somewhere that there can only be one person with that powerset? Is it anti-magical girl to have redundency?
I think Lia and Tanya are a little different, since, y'know...'Ice' and 'Water' are often considered different elemental thingies by anime, videogames, and whathaveyou.
The way Valles has been pitching it, each of the girls is supposed to represent a particular...large elemental concept of some form. The name of the group is 'Facets', after all. It's not been explicitly said, but the impression I got was that each girl should be fairly unique, as far as is possible within the constrains of appropriate power sets.
One of my early suggestions, and one Sweno was gonna use until further discussion...was 'Smoke'. But Smoke was vetoed due to it not being large and universal enough...
So the question is...do we want, or need, to stick to that? And that's a real question. Enforcing what we've got...large universal concepts and exclusiveness...well, that's not an entirely bad thing. Editorial fiat and all that. Keeps tighter control and so on.
The down side, tho, is that it constrains the options for future players - like Cindy's friend.
If further folks want to play magical girls in this group, it seems a shame not to let 'em. So we gotta find some way. If we allow, I dunno, smaller concepts or redundency, then the field's wide open. We've already discussed the possibility of kamens and hanger-ons...
Valles was saying the kamens are probably Paragon natives recruited or roped into the group, rather than folks who had magical origin experiences like the girls... you know, being ambushed by technomystical gemstones from nowhere and finding oneself with magical powers.
*shrug*
Even if the girls have the only gems for big elemental concepts...there's always spin-off choirs and secondary empowerment or whatever.
I dunno. Something.
-- Acyl
Secondary Magical girls and Kamens
Other possible name schemes
Lord, Lady, Sir or Dame [Name] [Title]
Lady Alyss Rimesear [Ice/fire whatever]
Sir Michael Tempest [Storm/elec def]
Dame Edna Glamour [Ill/emp controller]
Lady Elain Fairchild [ma/sr scrapper]
With Lords and Ladies having "formal" attire, and Sirs and Dames having armor
And then there are the "native" magical types who might want to take a title from the SO enhancements:
Maria of Hermes [takes the speed pool]
Arnold of Joule
Rupert of Grey
Zodiac versions {allowing 25 titles here, 12 Western, 13 Eastern, due to the difference of Cat/Rabbit}
Taurus Wayne
Rooster Thomas
Gemini Clark
Tatsu no Ichiro
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll
Quote:
I dunno. Something.
I feel a little like I'm trying to control a flash-flood.
But... hm.
We said that these gems empowered them, right? But, what if those weren't actually what was sent? What if the Yrmaw only sent one or two gems?
What if they're breeding?
And, after those thirteen Great Titles... they start repeating. After all, one of the nice things about English is that almost every word has a differently shaded synonym...
Ja, -n

Quote:
What if they're breeding?
Ooo. Sounds interesting, explains how we can get a full SG of Magical Girls, and doesn't limit anyone from joining - at least until we have that full SG of magical Girls anyway. :-) -Cindy
*Lia goes EW! Tries to separate the tiara from the armour from the belt buckle with no success and finally gives up , throws a blanket over then and vows never to wear any of them ever again as she goes running from the room.
So it's to complicate things further. Okay.
(I was more thinking in game-logistics terms. Like it's not possible for hero and villain characters to team. '.' )
If those things were reproducing and still latching onto people at pseudorandom, I think the heroes might end up being considered more of a menace to society than the villains...
Maybe the original group are all ones that actually were sent out, and when someone around one of them who's suitable expresses an interest, they get one?
Of course...
"When I said 'I wish I could do things like that' I wasn't expecting it to actually happen!"
... They might not be entirely serious about it.
-Morgan."I have no interest in ordinary humans. If there are any aliens, time travelers, or espers here, come sleep with me."
-----(Not really)
Quote:
Maybe the original group are all ones that actually were sent out, and when someone around one of them who's suitable expresses an interest, they get one?
I'm picturing a large cardboard box sitting outside City Hall.
And it's full of gemstones. Gleaming cutely.
Then there's a sign:
PLEASE ADOPT ME.
-- Acyl
(won't you give a henshin gem a home?)
-- Acyl
Could someone please assemble and post a list of extant characters and their allegiances? Just for reference? Thanks!
-- Bob
---------
...The President is on the line
As ninety-nine crab rangoons go by...
o.O
I'm picturing something kind of like, one of the (... facets?) is beating up some hapless do-bader, and a passerby is like "That's so cool, I wish I could be like that", there's a flash of light... and they're like that. Possibly much to their dismay.
-Morgan, because the idea of them reproducing uncontrolled makes me nervous..."I have no interest in ordinary humans. If there are any aliens, time travelers, or espers here, come sleep with me."
-----(Not really)
Quote:
I'm picturing a large cardboard box sitting outside City Hall.
And it's full of gemstones. Gleaming cutely.
Then there's a sign:
PLEASE ADOPT ME.
-- Acyl
(won't you give a henshin gem a home?)
[Image: roll.gif]
(Edit: Faulty copy/paste)
Quote:
PLEASE ADOPT ME.
You win the internet.
Anyway, I just wanted to say that before I got to the point of this post, that being... *drumroll, please*

The Ten Facets
Inez of the Wildfire - Evil Midnight Lurker
Archetype: Blaster
Primary Power: Fire Blast
Secondary Power: Fire Manipulation
Primary Color: Bright Red
Secondary Color: Bright Orange
Lia of The Seas - His Lovely Wife
Primary Power: Energy Blast
Secondary Power: Ice Manipulation
Primary Color: Dark Sea-green
Secondary Color: Light Aqua
Rina of the Shadow - Morganni
Archetype: Scrapper
Primary Power: Dark Melee
Secondary Power: Dark Armor
Primary Color: Black
Secondary Color: Medium Gray
Loelie of the Songs - Hunterminator
Archetype: Controller
Primary Power: Mind Control
Secondary Power: Sonic Resonance
Primary Color: Bright Yellow
Secondary Color: Light Blue
Grace of the Spirit - Acyl
Archetype: Defender
Primary Power: Empathy
Secondary Power: Psychic Blast
Primary Color: Bright Green
Secondary Color: Pink
Tonya of the Snows - Foxboy
Primary Power: Ice Blast
Secondary Power: Ice Manipulation
Primary Color: White
Secondary Color: Dark Blue
Yin of the Spheres - Chibi Konatsu
Primary Power: Gravity Control
Secondary Power: Kinetics
Primary Color: Light Green
Secondary Color: Light Yellow
Satomi of the Stars - Drenevian
Archetype: Defender
Primary Power: Radiation Emission
Secondary Power: Radiation Blast
Primary Color: Orange
Secondary Color: White
Sasha of the Storm - Sweno
Primary Power: Gravity Control
Secondary Power: Storm Summoning
Primary Color: Light Blue
Secondary Color: Dark Gray
Kara of the Thunder - Valles
Primary Power: Electrical Blast
Secondary Power: Electricity Manipulation
Primary Color: Light Gray
Secondary Color: Cyan

The Renegade
Sara of the Earth - Valles
Archetype: Dominator
Primary Power: Plant Control
Secondary Power: Firey Assault
Primary Color: Dark Green
Secondary Color: Bright Red

The Summoned
Aaron the Blizzard - *
Archetype:
Primary Power:
Secondary Power:
Primary Color: White
Secondary Color: Blue
Eli the Doomsday - Valles
Archetype: Mastermind
Primary Power: Thugs
Secondary Power: Force Field
Primary Color: Gray
Secondary Color: Orange
Ezekiel the Whisper - Acyl
Archetype: Corrupter
Primary Power: Sonic Attack
Secondary Power: Kinetics
Primary Color: Gold
Secondary Color: Black
Frankee the Ferous - *
Archetype: Mastermind
Primary Power: Robotics
Secondary Power:
Primary Color:
Secondary Color:

I'd like to note that I simply couldn't remember some of the villain details; their players can post or get in touch with me and I'll update.
Also, the point of assigning colors the way I have is to keep the characters distinct from each other; if you're unhappy with the combination you've drawn, please, say so and we can try and work something out. If that combination isn't what you already have, I'm not going to insist that you go straight to Icon next time you play, but will ask that, when next you're there, you not leave without making the asked-for changes - including matching the color patterns. (yes, lady Wife, I'm afraid I'm talking to you.)
Ja, -n
(*sort of startled that we haven't had a Yuuki/Starlight yet*)