Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trick or Treat
Posi post
Positron posted on this earlier. Good info, too.
Halloween Info
Eochai will respawn somewhere in the zone whenever he is defeated.
10% of the time, that respawn is Jack-in-Irons instead.
Also, Jack only appears in level 20 and higher zones.
So... if you are hunting Jack and come across an Eochai, defeat it just so the respawn can happen and there is a new chance at a Jack showing up. Leaving an Eochai around while you look for a Jack is actually detremental in finding Jack.
--------------------
Positron
Lead Designer, City of Heroes

Global: @Jimmy Amp
"Broad-minded is just another way of saying a fellow's too lazy to form an opinion." -- Will Rogers
Re: Posi post
The thing about Jack only appearing in lvl 20+ zones means that my Infinity and Virtue toons are gonna need some help getting his badge. Otherwise, this has been a sweet event so far, I agree.
No Winter Lord crazy leveling, either. Though I haven't tried taking down Eochai at lower levels yet. Little worried about that.
One of the best things about the ToTing is that my toons end up with all large inspirations by the time I'm done getting the badges.
I still have yet to get a rock, though. Undecided If I get it on my 50 scrapper, I'm gonna throw it at Hamidon. [Image: devil.gif]
"Broad-minded is just another way of saying a fellow's too lazy to form an opinion." -- Will Rogers
Done
This weekend Bella Fuego spent some very un-productive, but fun time in P-islands, participating in the monster mash. The giant monster mash.
It was a pumpkin smash.
She blew up Eochai so many times that an orange rain of saffron scented pumpkin pieces could be observed all over the island.
Sadly the legions of Rikti monkeys that scooped up this orange, steaming, mana found it digestively distressing. Many are still suffering from pumpkin piles.
Bella also reports that one should not fight directly behind Jack in Irons - as the only thing you will see is a huge Jack-ass, followed shortly thereafter by another aspect of Jack. Dodge.
But she did get all her Halloween badges, and some debt via the DE avatars on the Northern islands.
Re: Done
Trick or Treating tip: The arenas are great places to ToT, even the one in St Martial. In fact, that one's even better than the standard arenas because the narrow hallways let you set up tight killzones with MM pets on a good sized team. Leave them on Aggressive, and hit the doors. The only time I needed to even direct my pets was when a boss or a Werewolf would come out.
Anyone have some villain-side clues for GM hunting? Noone seems to want to invite a freaking *RAD* corruptor onto their team.
Do I need a secret password or something?--
Christopher Angel, aka JPublic
The Works of Christopher Angel
"Camaraderie, adventure, and steel on steel. The stuff of legend! Right, Boo?"
I'm impressed by the fortitude of anyone who can get all the badges on multiple characters. By the time I got the Unseelie badge, I'd fought with Eochai at least a dozen times, and Jack twice. I don't even want to think about doing it again now...
-Morgan."I have no interest in ordinary humans. If there are any aliens, time travelers, or espers here, come sleep with me."
---From "The Ecchi of Haruhi Suzumiya"
-----(Not really)
Well, it may be that all the GM teams in the area you're in...are simply full up, or not interested in inviting anyone.
In which case...form your own. You should be able to fill it up very quick. I admit, I dunno about Freedom, but on Virtue there's always new people logging or zoning in and asking for GM team invites.
It helps if you yourself know the regular GM spawn points, but it ain't essential.
At least on Virtue, folks are also pretty good at sharing info on broadcast when a monster spawns...and in my experience, there's often also a short waiting period whenever Jack's spotted, if the first team to get there was gracious enough.
-- Acyl
Quote:
I'm impressed by the fortitude of anyone who can get all the badges on multiple characters. By the time I got the Unseelie badge, I'd fought with Eochai at least a dozen times, and Jack twice. I don't even want to think about doing it again now...
It's honestly just Ghost Touched...Unseelie...that's the tricky one. You pretty much need to be on a team for that...and your team's gotta be fairly quick on the scene, 'cause it totally doesn't work if all the Unseelie are dead by the time you get there. It helps if you're a high-mobility high-damage character, yourself, 'course.
I've got all the badges on one character, Syndesis...and most on two others. Again, the tricky one is Ghost Touched, to the point where I'm likely not gonna bother for my alts.
Syndesis had an easy time of it, since she's extremely high mobility...Super Speed and Super Jump...and a level 50 scrapper. Basically meant I could race to all the monster spawns, and kill Unseelie faster than anyone else. I was on a full team, but I accounted for half the Unseelie kills myself.
It also helped that I did Syn's hunting in Brickstown, so all the Unseelie were grey to me - I could pretty much one-shot 'em...I doubt my other characters can really match that.
-- Acyl
*Min makes huge Anime eyes at Syndesis* Syn, can I team with you for the unseelie badge? *blink blink blink*
:-)
-Cindy
Isn't there an emote for that? /em bigeyes or something?

-- Bob
---------
...The President is on the line
As ninety-nine crab rangoons go by...
Quote:
Anyone have some villain-side clues for GM hunting? Noone seems to want to invite a freaking *RAD* corruptor onto their team.
Ok, aside from some really stupid players running the teams to turn down a /rad, I've noticed that most of the GM teams villain-side on Freedom have been hunting in Sharkhead and Nerva. We had at least 3 teams in Shark chasing down the Pumpkinhead wannabe over the weekend.
No one seems to be hunting the GMs in Grandville. I guess the zone is too hazardous for those in their low 40s.
Yeah, finally got it done on Northern Lights. It was pretty silly, the amount of people who were shocked by how *easy* Eochai and Jack were once I dropped the Trinity on them.
I was sitting there going "Umm. Hi. Radiation Emission? Been around since start of Heroes? The poster child for badass Def/Cor/Con set? Am I the *only* person remembering this?"--
Well, immediately after the onset of Issue 7, when Archvillain/Hero and Giant Monster regen rates were turned up to the nth degree...everyone wanted a Rad on the team. That kinda stopped when AV/Hero regen rates were cut back a little...
...but pardon me if I'm wrong, I think they kept the GM numbers, didn't they?
*shrug* Still, it's amazing how many people just don't get what defenders do. If you're not Empathy, too many folks just look at you funny. Granted, I think things are slightly better nowadays, than they were when CoH launched. At least there's a good number of experienced players who do have a clue.
Radiation is, and has always been, my favourite Defender/Corruptor set...both to play as, and to team with.
I mean, what's not to like? You've got a pocket heal, a kickass team buff...and more debuff goodness than you can shake a plutonium rod at.
If I weren't fairly obsessive about not repeating powersets across characters, I'd have a lot more green-slingers. As it is, I have a Rad Corruptor (Obsolete, previously a Rad/Rad Defender, rerolled for the name)...and a couple more Rad Defenders.
-- Acyl
I kind of missed the whole av regen thing, so I don't know what it was like... But I know with the GMs, there were several times where there were a bunch of us beating on it, and its health would go back up almost as soon as it had dropped a sliver... and then suddenly it'd start going down and staying down. I had other things on my mind than paying attention to new arrivals, but that seems *awfully* suggestive to me.
(From what I've read, -regen is just way too necessary to beat these things.)
I haven't played too many defenders, but I'm not sure I'd ever want to play one who was focused on healing/enhancing. Messing with mobs I can handle, they move predictably. Wheras I never know what other players are going to do...
-Morgan."I have no interest in ordinary humans. If there are any aliens, time travelers, or espers here, come sleep with me."
---From "The Ecchi of Haruhi Suzumiya"
-----(Not really)
City of Villains has several powers that supply -regen.
City of Heroes has just three. Radiation, Dark Miasma, and Kinetics.
Rad's -regen is Lingering Radiation. Dark Defenders have some -regen in Twilight Grasp, Howling Twilight, and Dark Servant. Kinetics have some in Transfusion.
Rad is much better at -regen debuff, though, because Lingering Radiation is a targeted click power that stays for a while. Point, fire.
Dark Defenders and Kineticists pretty much need to spam their powers - and the -regen is lower anyway, I think.
There's also an issue in the fact...many Dark and Kinetics players don't know they can do -regen. Seriously. Most Radiation users are aware of what Lingering Rad does, but there's a much larger ignorance on the part of Dark and Kin players.
(Granted, Dark and Kin didn't ALWAYS do -regen, that was added at...some point, I forget.)
Likewise, while CoV has several -regen powers.../Radiation Corruptors are still the best in that regard.
As I've stated, I prefer to play Defenders and Corruptors that focus on debuffing the enemy (Radiation, Dark Miasma, Trick Arrows, Cold, Traps, etc), instead of sets that heal and buff (Empathy, Thermal, Force Fields, Sonic).
Why? Very simple - I like to solo. =)
-- Acyl
Wow. It's like Acyl's in my head. [Image: happy.gif] --
From what I've read, Lingering Radiation's -regen debuff is also unresistable in PVE. Kinetics' and Darks' are a bit less powerful and also resistable, as well as being add-ons to other powers (coincidentally, both of those sets' Heals). All Lingering Radiation does is kill health regeneration and the speed and recharge of the target and all surrounding foes.
The discussion of -regen brings me back to last month when I was on a pickup group and taking on an AV in a mission. The Kinetics defender didn't know about the -regen in Transfusion, and was confused when I asked her to start spamming it on the AV while the rest of us beat on it. Once she did start, though, it went down like a rock in water.