Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Issue 8 is on Test Server!
Issue 8 is on Test Server!
Issue 8: To Protect and Serve
Noticed by folks on the forums, but not mentioned in patch notes is that if you have an open arc with a contact, it shows a little book symbol next to their name in your contact list. No more guessing!
NOTE: Veteran Rewards are not a part of Issue 8's initial launch *ON TRAINING ROOM* (will be added to Test in later patch)
Approximate Arrival to Training Room - 10/12/06 10PM CST
Issue 8: To Protect and Serve
Pocket D Changes
Arena Kiosks: These Kiosks will allow Heroes and Villains to fight against each other more easily if they want to settle personal issues.
In front of the bars are two arena officials, an "Arena Information Operator", who will provide information on how to use the kiosks; and a "Games Information Operator", who will provide detailed information on each of the game types of the arena.
Rikti Monkey Fight Club: Due to a combination of the Family cutting in to the RMFC profits in Sharkhead, and an offer from DJ Zero to expand their enterprise, Joe Young and Cornelius have moved their "entertainment concern" on up to the Pocket D. They have set up a new "Lounge" on the hero side of the club. Its a lot classier than the old place, says Joe Young.
Its loud in Pocket D! Local chat in Pocket D will only be heard by players within 50ft of each other now.
Powers
Many objects in the game which were meant to be immune to Teleportation have been made so. This affects several powers in the Traps Secondary and Gadgets secondary for players.
Various Build Up and Aim powers now have a new look.
Alternate flying poses. Fly and Hover (and temporary powers that duplicate their effects) have new poses. Your character will transition into an alternate pose after flying forward for a few seconds. Also implemented a banking animation for flying forward while strafing left or right.
Increased the base flight speed of Hover by 10%.
Added a slight delay to the usage of Team Teleport. This should alleviate the issue of Teammates randomly being left behind after a Teleport.
Soul Storm is now escapable. There is still a bit of delay after you escape before you can move or attack again, but its much less of an I win power.
Rikti ambushers will once again show teleportation FX.
The Helmet enhancement (Mutation/Magic Range) was giving twice the bonus of other Range DOs. It has been reduced to match.
Rebalanced some of the high end Longbow critters to make them less frustrating.
Fixed some animation issues with the Jump Jet Pack power granted from the Good vs. Evil Edition.
Titles
Players may now change their title at levels 15, 25, 35, and 45. These title changes do not stack (if you do not use the one you get at level 25 when you reach level 35, you only have the level 35 change, and lose the level 25 one). At 50, players may change their title without restriction. Talk to any trainer to change your title in this manner.
Tailor
New costume pieces are available at the Tailor and at Character Generation:
Male/Huge/Female
(Head Detail 1)
Galactic Glasses
Government Glasses
Blast Goggles up
(Head Ears)
Floppy
Bunny
Cat
Rat
Teddy
Wildcat
Female
(Upper Body - Chest - Tops with Skin)
Angelic
Assassin
Excess
Savage
Tanker
(Lower body - Legs - Bottoms with Skin)
Angelic
Assassin
Excess
Savage
CITY OF HEROES
Faultline Redux
Faultline officials recently provided funding for reconstruction and work was underway in the first neighborhood, when major disaster struck. Due to strange seismic activity on the moon, tidal anomalies caused the Overbrook Dam to rupture flooding the zone. Additional crews have been called in to assess the Dam and shore up the rest of the zone, however, they are continually thwarted by the recent arrival of new villain groups to the area and one group, in particular, that no one expected: Arachnos. It appears Arachnos has been poking around supergroup base wreckage in Faultline for some time, searching for technology that will further Lord Recluses nefarious plans. Paragon Officials have called in small detachments of the Paragon Police Department and Freedom Corps, but are also asking heroes to come forward and protect the new city.
Features of the new Faultline:
Transition from Trial Zone to a City Zone (with Overbrook Dam as a Hazard area)
Level range has been adjusted to 15 25
Missions have been added (see Jim Temblor in New Overbrook at the Memorial statue in the park as your initial contact)
New Villain groups added: Arachnos, Freakshow, The Lost, Sky Raidersand something lurking in the water.
More plaques and badges
Entrance to Pocket D
Stores, Trainer (Mirror Spirit), and a hospital have been added to Faultline
Police Band Missions
PPD Contacts have been added to all City Zones except for Atlas Park and Galaxy City. They will be added to a Heros contact list as soon as they enter a zone. These contacts will direct characters to missions aiding the PPD in fighting crime in Paragon City.
Once you talk to a PPD Contact, your contact list will have a "Police Band Tuner" added to the top of the list. Clicking this will bring up an assortment of crimes-in-progress.
You will fight level-appropriate Villain Groups in random maps and random mission objectives. Once you have outlevelled a zone, however, you will no longer be able to get Police Band missions in that zone.
In addition to normal missions, the PPD will give out Safeguard Missions. You get Safeguard missions after performing three to five Police Band missions.
Safeguard Missions
Safeguard missions allow the Hero player to enter a large outdoor mission map and defend the city from invading villains. The goal is to defeat the Villain behind the attack, preventing a bank robbery, but there are lots of other things going on, too. Safeguard missions are set up for single players and teams.
When you enter the instance, the bank is immediately being robbed. Dont delay in getting to the bank, or the crooks could get away with the cash, failing the mission.
A 15 minute timer starts once the bank heist has been stopped and the mission is completed. At this point you can use the given time to secure the map, and explore and fight for additional badges and rewards. This allows the players to end the mission quickly, or hunt for additional XP and rewards if they choose.
There are several goals and multiple side missions that can be unlocked and played once the bank robbery has been thwarted. Completing any section of goals or each side mission rewards the players with a special bonus (such as extra XP, temp powers, or unique salvage) and will add some time back to the counter. The more they complete the longer they have to try and complete more goals, so the better they do the higher their rewards.
Giant Monster Spawns Increased
The following Giant Monster Spawns have had their frequency increased;
o Kraken - Perez Park
o Babbage - Boomtown
o Jack in Irons (non-scripted, individual) - Croatoa
o Eochai (non-scripted, individual) - Croatoa
o Adamastor - Dark Astoria
o Jurassik - Crey's Folly
Powers
Controllers Fossilize power will now properly have critical hold effects versus critters. This is a bug fix -- this aspect of the power already existed, but was set to always fail.
Fixed the Short Help text on Stone Cages to properly reflect the powers usage.
Game
Trains will now stay at station longer, there will be shorter times between trains and the doors of the trains will be clickable while the train is in the station.

CITY OF VILLAINS
Powers
Many Darkness powers have a new look attached.
Removed Double Stacked Super Jump from Ninja Mastermind Pets.
Added slightly increased running speed to all Mastermind pets.
Updated the power description on Thermal Radiation.
Arachnos Night Widow Bosses have had their Defense values slightly reduced.
The Arachnos Arch Villain Nocturne has been rebalanced.
Dominators will now build Domination faster depending on the size of the Team they are grouped with. Each member of the team (aside from the Dominator himself) increases the speed of Domination gain by approximately 16%. Note that this bonus does NOT apply to the existing bonus Assault powers gain in PvP. The maximum bonus to Domination will happen in a full 8 person group.
Base Domination gain increased by 50% (to 3 points per attack up from 2 points per attack.)

Global: @Jimmy Amp
"Broad-minded is just another way of saying a fellow's too lazy to form an opinion." -- Will Rogers
issue 8
Annnd it's taking forever to download. [Image: wink.gif]
I'm going to take QB through Faultline to check it out.
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll
Re: issue 8
It took all night for me to download it. My laptop finally connected and I left it on. Was still going when I woke up.
Official Thread: Faultline Changes
There's a lot of info and good screenshots in this thread on the boards. I especially like the donut shop with the giant donut in front of it. It goes well with the new /em donut emote (really).
"Broad-minded is just another way of saying a fellow's too lazy to form an opinion." -- Will Rogers
And I'm leaving on vacation. Dammit.
-- Bob
---------
...The President is on the line
As ninety-nine crab rangoons go by...
On Faultline:
I confess to being disappointed.
Look, here's the progression as I see it:
1-5: Altas/Galaxy
5-10: Hollows, KR, some Perez
10-15: Hollows, Steel, Sky
15-20: Steel, Sky, Faultline
20-25: Indy, Talos, Striga, Faultline
25-30: Indy, Talos, Striga, Croatoa
30-35: Brick, Founder's, Croatoa
35-40: Brick, Founders
40-45: Peregrine, Shard (if you are feeling masochistic)
45-50: Peregrine, Shard (see above)
While I do applaud their desire to 'fill up' the low ranges, I can't help but feel that their efforts would have been more usefully spent on expanding the 35-40 range, which is usually unpleasant due to mission drought, and/or making the Shard less sucky.
In addition, we were already getting mission glut in the 25-30 range - do we really need to also have that in to 20-25 range?--
Christopher Angel, aka JPublic
The Works of Christopher Angel
[Image: Con.gif]
Very true. Hopefully the higher levels get addressed in the next update.
At least you'll have the police radio for when you run out now. [Image: tongue.gif]
Heh. I got a radio mission to retrieve "Inobtainium Alloy" from the Freakshow.
(Though personally, I prefer the name "Unobtainium"...)
Edit: I just realized that with the changes to the ears, you won't be able to make a character that has both elf ears and cat ears.
Admittedly, I'm not a big fan of the elf ears in the game anyway, but it's a nice concept. *Looks in Kanaetalina's general direction*
-Morgan, notes that everything appearing in a google search for that name is NSFW. '.'"I have no interest in ordinary humans. If there are any aliens, time travelers, or espers here, come sleep with me."
---From "The Ecchi of Haruhi Suzumiya"
-----(Not really)
That's anothing thing. Every time they screw with the costume creator I have to be really careful when modifying an older character's costume.
For example, I went in to change the scaling on Dustball, and ended up having to rebuild his head (he had pointy ears before) and his pants.--
Christopher Angel, aka JPublic
The Works of Christopher Angel
[Image: Con.gif]
^_^
GREAT ZOT! Sit emotes!
Zweitekinder trying out the bus stop bench
Zweitekinder trying out the bus stop bench... in a bunny suit
And the new flight poses.... are okay for what they do.
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat

-- James Nicoll
Cribed from the boards
The new Faultline Police Scanner Contact is made from awesome and win. Apperently, when you stand next to him, you can hear a Dog bark [Image: smile.gif] --
I am the Borg-again Christian. Resistance to my sermon is futile. You will be baptized. Your dogma is irrelevant.
--
If you become a monster to put down a monster you've still got a monster running around at the end of the day and have as such not really solved the whole monster problem at all. 
contacts
And all the Liaison contacts are homages to TV or Movie cop duos. Although I may notget some of them
Brickstown - Fish and Barney from "Barney Miller"
King's Row - Friday and his partner from "Dragnet"
Steel Canyon... I think is a "Lethal Weapon" ref but the names are WAY off
Independence Port - Starsky and Hutch
Skyway - Dirty Harry and unknown as of this writing
Faultline's contacts are from "Due South"
Hadn't hit Talos, Peregrine, or Founders yet
Only City zones have Scanner missions, except for Atlas and Galaxy... don't confuse the noobs, right?

-- James Nicoll
Re: contacts
Oh, OH!!! (Scampers off to load test server!!)-Logan
-----------------
"This kind of thing tends invariably to devolve into the kind of "No, Nakajima, THIS is true power!!" argument that only really works if you're yelling it from the cockpit of a giant robot . . ."
-----------------
Re: contacts
EEEE! I'm all excited now!
Quote:
The new Faultline Police Scanner Contact is made from awesome and win. Apperently, when you stand next to him, you can hear a Dog bark [Image: smile.gif]
Quote:
That's Benton Fraser! And Deifenbaker! WOHOO! (Big Due South Fan, can you tell?)
How do I load up testserver? *Cindy treis to sit patiently but is very wiggly due to excitement*
-Cindy
Re: ^_^
Quote:
GREAT ZOT! Sit emotes!
Zweitekinder trying out the bus stop bench
Zweitekinder trying out the bus stop bench... in a bunny suit
I'm gonna be completely honest, and admit the first thought I had when I saw those screenshots was: HOT.
...then I actually paid attention to the sitting poses. Ahem.
In other news, I think the Faultline scanner contact...bwahahahaha. I've never even SEEN the show, but I still think that ROCKS. Awesome. >_<
-- Acyl
to load testserver
You can find out how at this link.
In other news, the Great Salt Lake Legendary exists on test.

-- James Nicoll
Re: to load testserver
Quote:
And all the Liaison contacts are homages to TV or Movie cop duos. Although I may notget some of them
Brickstown - Fish and Barney from "Barney Miller"
King's Row - Friday and his partner from "Dragnet"
Steel Canyon... I think is a "Lethal Weapon" ref but the names are WAY off
Independence Port - Starsky and Hutch
Skyway - Dirty Harry and unknown as of this writing
I love it!
But as I took my level 50 scrapper, Lora Doubet, through the Zones, checking out and laughing/groaning at the references, the absolute CAPPER is in Founders Falls!
It's ROBOCOP!!!!!

[Image: Robocop.jpg]
[Image: Robocop2.jpg]
Robocop Screenshot 1
Robocop Screenshot 2

Here's another nice little screenshot of the mountie from Due South. And yes, as you stand there, you hear a dog barking. ^_^
Great White North, eh?
Come to think of it... Due South... And Faultline is the zone furthest to the South in Paragon City? Coincidence? I think not! ^_^
Speaking more about Faultline, did anyone see the intro movie for the Korean edition of the game? If so, then you're in for a treat! One of the characters from the Korean side of the game is the trainer in Faultline!
I forget her name... Mirror-something.
BTW, more costume options. Camille Hoyle will be able to get a little closer to her original costume because there is a torso option called "Tanker" that can be used in place of the "Keyhole" top that is essentially the same piece, but with no keyhole. Thus creating a true one-piece look.
And there is a true bikini top now to go with the bikini bottom, for the two piece look. Which Lora put to good use at the hottub at the apartments.
Oh? Did I forget to mention the hottub? Here is is. And just for the ladies, I got a shot not only of Lora, but some beefcake as well. ^_^
Hottub!
Hottub Part Deax!
I know where Lora Doubet's new apartment is going to be! Heh. You can find the apartments just east of the Hospital.
And one last little easter Egg in the Zone. I won't tell you where to find this. It's well hidden. But easily accessible. It's something that War Witch had mentioned she had the designers put in as an Easter Egg. There's even a badge there called "Egg Hunter"!
It's a nice little "secret" lounge where you can rest up and veg out watching the tube. There's some pool tables and some card tables and a couple of comfy couches.
Lounge 01
Lounge 02
Lounge 03
Sigh... 500 Channels and there's STILL nothing on!
Edit: Oh - and have I mentioned how FREAKING COOL the new Police Radio notification system is?
[Image: screenshot_2006-10-14-18-58-29.jpg]-Logan
-----------------
"This kind of thing tends invariably to devolve into the kind of "No, Nakajima, THIS is true power!!" argument that only really works if you're yelling it from the cockpit of a giant robot . . ."
-----------------
Anyone been folllowing the response thread for safeguard missions?
I think this is quite possibly the funniest thing I've ever seen on the boards there:
Quote:
So even if you're Captain Hideypants in your superior invisibility, the bus stop still sees you, and it says "Hi, Captain Hideypants!", and then the Tactical Operative says "shut up, bus stop" and tasers it into oblivion.
(GlaziusF, boards.cityofheroes.com/s...rt=41&vc=1 )
I might actually make a comment myself if I ever reach the end of the thread... o.O (And if I figure out what my forum login was. >.> )
-Morgan."I have no interest in ordinary humans. If there are any aliens, time travelers, or espers here, come sleep with me."
-----(Not really)
Robocop, that's priceless. I can't wait to look for all the side-jokes.
The trainer's name is Mirror Spirit. She's Foreshadow's sidekick. I actually got to fight her in Scirocco's patron arc. I couldn't tell what her attack was because it was too fast and furious at the time, but a bunch of mirrors were circling her while we were beating her down. Looked pretty cool. In the next mission, Foreshadow shows up, pissed that you beat down his sidekick. [Image: happy.gif]
Ah, here are their powers: W.I.S.D.O.M.
One of the other police radio contacts in Faultline is a cop named "Kowacchio", which is a mixing of Kowalski and Vecchio's names (Fraser's two partners).
I think the apartment complex is the Pinnacle Apartments that you see advertised throughout Paragon city. [Image: happy.gif]
And issue 8 is back on test, yay!
I hope they get the veteran rewards on there soon. I want to see the wings! >.>
-Morgan."I have no interest in ordinary humans. If there are any aliens, time travelers, or espers here, come sleep with me."
-----(Not really)
Also, I recall a Dev mentioning that other Wing sets will be available through the Invention system in Issue 9. So you don't need to wait until you unlock them through veteren rewards.--
I am the Borg-again Christian. Resistance to my sermon is futile. You will be baptized. Your dogma is irrelevant.
--
If you become a monster to put down a monster you've still got a monster running around at the end of the day and have as such not really solved the whole monster problem at all. 
Quote:
Now when we speak in specifics "Wings in I8, Invention System in I9, Another Zone Revamped in I10", then you can pretty much guarentee that that will be in that issue. As a matter of fact Wings were going to be part of the Invention system, which got pushed an issue, and thus was going to make my "Wings in I8" statement a lie. In order to honor my statement, they got put into Veteran Rewards. Consider Veteran Reward wings a sneak peak at more to come.
From a board post by Positron. Full message here.
-- Acyl