Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Time slips on - Need help celebrating
Time slips on - Need help celebrating
In 30 days time, I'll be slipping into my 30's. (I'll be 31 on October 3rd). I invite you all to come and celebrate with me on Sunday October 1st on Virtue Server, in Pocket D, the Supergroup Base, on a badge hunt or just on missions in general. And the evening of October 2nd on infinity Server , same deal.
No presents but your presence.
(Bob, I'd love it if Peggy could join us. And whoever else has spouses or SO's -significant others, not single origins sheesh! ;-) bring them along too.)
-Cindy
Re: Time slips on - Need help celebrating
You can color me all kinds of there. Provided, y'know, that I'm not scheduled to work then. That happens sometimes.
Peggy has tentatively accepted, pending the creation of a character she feels comfortable with (and mind you, she's a bit of an obsessive-compulsive when it comes to making things exactly to her specifications, so giving her a month's notice will probably guarantee she shows up by the end of the second day... just before closing).
Note also that with only one account in the house, we are going to switch off our presences at the party.
-- Bob
---------
...The President is on the line
As ninety-nine crab rangoons go by...
Ooh.
I'd like to be there, and I'll try to at least get online and say hi. But I fear I won't be able to do even t hat...those couple days are gonna be busy for me, and I'm not sure if I'll have a 'net connection, much less time to play.
Unfortunate. So sad. ;_;
Well...
...early grats on life level 30 and all that. New power and costume slot!
Er, I mean...
*cough*
-- Acyl
Bump, as a reminder to all.
Especially to me. I've got to get Peggy to build a toon to wear to the party.
-- Bob
---------
Yeah. And I echo what I said in my last post to this thread. I definitely won't be in-game.
So, er. Cheers. Zhu ni shen re kuai le. Wan shui, wan shui, wan wan shui.
And remember, in Chinese years, you're already 31 or something.
-- Acyl
Quote:
And remember, in Chinese years, you're already 31 or something.
Gee, thanks Acyl. I thought I had at least 3 more days to worry about this. ;-) Hope you find a place soon BTW. We miss you!
Anyone who is ingame on Sunday before noon EST or after 4:00pm EST, you can find me on Virtue. Hope to see you, and if I don't, I don't. No biggie.
-Cindy
(ETA: O.K. I give up. What does that mean?
Quote:
Zhu ni shen re kuai le. Wan shui, wan shui, wan wan shui.
Quote:
Especially to me. I've got to get Peggy to build a toon to wear to the party.
Out of curiosity I referenced Dave Menard's pic of Shadowwalker and tried to recreate it in the character creator as closely as possible (without actually going into the game).
Hmm... Some slight limitations with the character creator come up.
Okay. Check this out - This is the overall closest I could come to in the overall pattern based on Dave's piece. (Yes, the eyes are visible. That's one of the limitations I'm about to try and address, below.)
[Image: SW_01.jpg]
[Image: SW_02.jpg]

Apparently there's no easy way to have BOTH the mouth visible AND the eyes covered up with a mask.
There is an option in masks called "Sightless" -
[Image: SW_03.jpg]
But it covers the whole face.
Okay, assuming you don't like that (I didn't) we're left with other options.
[Image: SW_04.jpg]
That one above is using a detail called "Eyeplugs". It kinda looks like plates covering the eyes. Hmm...
Here's another similar option -
[Image: SW_05.jpg]
This one's called "The Plate". It at least has the advantage of not looking like it's bolted on, and it's all of one piece. The cross shaped sections are not really visible unless you're looking closely. And you could always say that they are a compromise protection for her sonor organs while still allowing her openings for them to operate through.
In case the grey bits of Dave's art were just interpretation and she really is meant to be ALL in black, here's an overall of how that would look.
[Image: SW_06.jpg]
There are other eye-covering options, but they involve chains or barb-wire over cloth. Something I don't think you had in mind.
Anyway, Peg, hope that makes your work easier!
Oh and BTW, Sonics/Sonics Defender is a good addition to teams. ^_^-Logan
-----------------
"This kind of thing tends invariably to devolve into the kind of "No, Nakajima, THIS is true power!!" argument that only really works if you're yelling it from the cockpit of a giant robot . . ."
-----------------
Quote:
Zhu ni shen re kuai le. Wan shui, wan shui, wan wan shui.
"Zhu ni shen re kuai le" is a fairly regular bit, the sort of thing you'd scrawl on cards. It simply means "Wish you a happy birthday".
"Wan shui, wan sui, wan wan shui" is...not. That one was somewhat whimsical. It's an old court ritual statement, the kinda stuff courtiers would chant when kowtowing to a ruler. "Ten thousand years, ten thousand years, ten thousand, ten thousand years". You know, like long life, may thee rule eternally, etc, etc.
-- Acyl
Quote:
Out of curiosity I referenced Dave Menard's pic of Shadowwalker and tried to recreate it in the character creator as closely as possible (without actually going into the game).
Nice work. We've done her up already -- there is a "Walker in Shadows" acting as a placeholder on Virtue in the Tutorial (the name "Shadowwalker" was taken) which looks much like your final design. I discovered the "eye plugs" and went with that mainly because on my screen I couldn't see the "bolts".
And yes, she is supposed to be all in black.
Thanks for all your effort, Logan. However, Peggy went for her other favorite character -- one that she's only ever played in LARPS. When I get back on tonight I'll take some screen shots of "Mistress Stiletto" and post them here.
(Later) Okay, here's a shot of Stiletto:
[Image: stiletto.jpg]
L2 Claws/Regen Mutation Scrapper.
-- Bob
---------
Oh and Cindy, I'm sorry we missed you. And by so little time, too. I at least will try to be at the alternate celebration tonight.
-- Bob
---------
Quote:
Oh and Cindy, I'm sorry we missed you. And by so little time, too. I at least will try to be at the alternate celebration tonight.
That's what happens whe you have an early morning wake up call. All the important things happen after 9:00pm. :-)
Thank you to everyone who joined in the last few days to help me celebrate. You're all good friends. As Fae would say, Happy Ever Afters to everyone! Where's the licorice? :-)
-Cindy
Apologies
Peggy fell asleep on the couch last night, and I fell ill after dinner, so neither of us made it to the Infinity celebration. Please accept apologies from both of us, Cindy.
-- Bob
---------