Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A quick message -Another Status Update-
A quick message -Another Status Update-
I move tommorroe (monday) and, because of that, will not have access to an internet connection for an unknown ammount of time (could very well be a week).

Also, after much work, I have convince a friend to try city of heroes, he likes it a lot, he'll probably buy the game and he seems interested in joining the SG.
Re: A quick message
Look forward to having you back and meeting your friend!
I have contacted my isp yesterday to ask for the reasons for me still not being connected. After much talking, the only day the guy could give with the information he had was november the 30th.
Somehow, I managed not to swear at him.
Anyway, this means that my absence from CoH will be longer than anticipated.
(Edit: Corrected a stupid french origin mistake)
Argh. Here's hoping things actually happen much faster. Good luck with it al.
-- Bob
---------
...The President is on the line
As ninety-nine crab rangoons go by...
I spoke to another department, and they said september the 25th. It's a bit more acceptable, but I still intend to annoy them a lot until they activate me.
Re: A quick message -Another Status Update-
We're cheering you on! Bug the heck out of them! Make yourself such a nuisance that they will hook you back up just to get rid of you!
That's the spirit!
PS, we miss you. -Cindy
Yeah, go totally Yukiyo on them.
-- Bob
---------
Well, I won't be "Going Yukiyo" on them, because I am not even remotely able to act like that in a vocal conversation.
I will, however, politely inquire about everything I can think of and intentionally hold them past closing time.
-Edit-
And I keep forgetting to mention it, but my friend who tried the game has declared that he really likes the game and will buy it.
I wonder if he'll do like when I introduced him to Ragnarok Online where he managed to make a Priest before I managed to get up to Crusader.
After almost a month of patient wait, they came back to saying november the 30th yesterday, so I told them to forget about me and called the cable company.
Good.
Let us know how that progresses.
-- Bob
---------
Good god, over 2 months for a DSL line? What are they doing, running the wire underground with an elderly blind gopher with asthma? I've been in that side of the business before, so I can say that's just a bad joke.
Which company is trying to give you the shaft like this? "Broad-minded is just another way of saying a fellow's too lazy to form an opinion." -- Will RogersGlobal: @Jimmy Amp

"Broad-minded is just another way of saying a fellow's too lazy to form an opinion." -- Will Rogers
Well, as far as I can tell from my numerous calls to them (Telus) there has been a large ammount of new subscriptions in my area and the outdated stuff can't cope so they are replacing it with new stuff. As far as I can tell, the delay is because I'm in a low priority (not commercial) zone.
-UPDATE-
I've managed to reach the cable company, a technician is coming on october the 13th.
Ah, a Canadian Telco. One that I don't have any experience with, though. Sounds like they oversold their DSLAM capacity at the central office for your area and are being pretty damn lazy about upgrading it.
Hmmm.... sounds like some of the lazier US telcos, now that I think about it. [Image: ohwell.gif]
Good move to go with the cable company. If they charge you through the nose for renting a cable modem, you can save a bunch of money in the long run by buying your own. Newegg.com currently has Linksys cable modems for $35 US after a $20 rebate. My cable company charges about $15 per month for a rental modem, to give you an idea of how much we're talking. "Broad-minded is just another way of saying a fellow's too lazy to form an opinion." -- Will RogersGlobal: @Jimmy Amp

"Broad-minded is just another way of saying a fellow's too lazy to form an opinion." -- Will Rogers
I, on the other hand, am locked out of Heroes until the 6th, due to cash flow problems (A.K.A I am an idiot).--
I am the Borg-again Christian. Resistance to my sermon is futile. You will be baptized. Your dogma is irrelevant.
--
If you become a monster to put down a monster you've still got a monster running around at the end of the day and have as such not really solved the whole monster problem at all. 
Me too. I'm still out of the game as well, owing to, y'know, not having my own place to live.
(insert minor thread-jacking rant here. if you don't wish to hear me lament, just skip this post. o_o)
I'm a university student in London, but I haven't been able to get a room for the new school year. Which means hunting for a flat outside. But that's hard, 'cause the London housing market is absolutely ridiculous during this period.
And I can't really sign anything yet, since there's problems with my papers and registration. Right now, I dunno if they'll even let me in for next term. If not, I'll have to take a year out. If I can't continue immediately, then there's no point hanging around here.
And, of course, I'm not from London. I'm from Singapore. Being foreign complicates the whole mess...
Not being able to play CoH is the least of my problems, of course, but right now I could really do with some escapism. =)
-- Acyl