Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A visual tour of the Legendary Base: UPDATE - New Room!
Re: A visual tour of the Legendary Base: UPDATE - New Room!
Well, Min met up with a few Liberty Forcers checking out the base. They were all very impressed. Here are the comments on the dance floor. Kudos to Lora'Lai! Job well done!
Minuet Mac Hine: Our party room
Eve L: Oh wow! I love it!
Eve L: Its simply perfect!
Astral Strike: It's breathtaking Minuet
Minuet Mac Hine: I'll tell the base architect you liked it. :-)
Astral Strike: Please do
Re: A visual tour of the Legendary Base: UPDATE - New Room!
I'm so glad we inspire admiration and awe in other supergroups. Tells me we're doing something right.
Logan, take an "attagirl" out of petty cash for Lora'Lai!
-- Bob
---------
...The President is on the line
As ninety-nine crab rangoons go by...
Re: Drinking Age
Quote:
Oh, and for those of you who don't know, there are no eggs or cream in an egg cream. It's seltzer and chocolate syrup. It's a very New York Jewish thing, so don't ask me why I decided Eva made one for herself, given that she's about as New England WASPy as you can get... presumably my subconscious has a reason for it, but it hasn't shared.
Perhaps she, like me, has a taste for kosher food. Which, given my place of residence, can be a pain in the ass. Seriously, do you know how hard it is to find a good bowl of matzah ball soup in Dallas? To say nothing of a proper Reuben.Ebony the Black Dragon
Senior Editor, Living Room Games
http://www.lrgames.com
Ebony the Black Dragon
http://ebony14.livejournal.com

"Good night, and may the Good Lord take a Viking to you."
I can guess. You're right, I like a fair amount of Jewish food. Fortunately, I live right near Highland Park, NJ, which has a goodly Jewish population with all the necessary shops, stores and restaurants I need. And if I need more, I can always go into Manhattan.
A Jewish friend of mine once called me a Judaiophile, which I suppose is accurate. I patterned the society of the elves in a couple of my fantasy settings after Sephardic Jewish culture, and one little old elven shopkeeper my players run into a lot is well known for sounding like someone's Jewish grandfather. Oh, and then there's the Jewish street samurai I created for Helen's Shadowrun game... his street name was Mossad.
But now I'm rambling, so I'll shut up.
-- Bob
---------
heh
Emi Arizona muttered to herself as she worked around the still-unchristened bar at the Legendary's Super Base. "Darn Hellions wrecking the Moxie shipment," she said as she pulled out a bottle of Angostura bitters and a three-liter of generic root beer. Facing the back counter, she mixed the two with practiced motions that she'd picked up in Tokyo-3.
While she was concentrating on that, someone sat heavily at one of the barstools installed since the Paragon PD had oficially sanctioned heroes to use police scanners. She looked up into the mirror behind the bar and froze. A very familiar face sat at the bar. Familiar considering that she'd worn one very like it before waking in the Reiquarium.
"Barkeep!" he said genially. "A Ted Williams, please!"
She swallowed her shock and set about making the drink by copying her own and dropping in some grenadine as well. "I hope it's okay that I make it with root beer. We're out of Moxie."
"Out of MOXIE?" he asked, flabbergasted. "What sort of New England bar is out of Moxie?"
"Our shipment's delayed." She turned to present him with the beverage and triggered her costume crystal to reveal the outfit she'd worn when she arrived in Paragon. "Here you go, Logan."
A slight look of confusion crossed his face. "How did you..." His eyes widened in shock. "Emi?"
Evangelia arrived in a shower of teleportation sparks just as a loud slap and a stream of Japanese invective sounded from the base's bar. She hurried towards the disturbance, Allistair hot on her heels. She suddenly stopped as she collided with a representative of a Coaliton Supergroup. A handprint shone red on his face.
"What..." she began.
"Don't ask, Raye," he said. "Emi was upset with me and I deserved it." He sullenly walked to the telepad and punched in the code for Atlas Park."
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll
Awesome job with the base!
As far as bar names go, the only names that popped into my head on this slow Monday is Valhalla and Elysium.
If those are too lame, I have a couple of bar name generators [Image: tongue.gif]
Tavern Name Generator
This one is a Shadowrun-based bar name generator: SR Bar Name Generator (I miss my old Shadowrun game *sniff*)
On that note, I have a short anecdote: last year, a team made up of my Freedom SG were doing a Crey mission, one where we had to steal some data from a computer in one of their labs. In the middle of it, I yelled out: "hey guys, I just realized.... we're on a covert mission to steal data from an evil megacorporation... we're on a Shadowrun!" [Image: nerd.gif]
There's also a Shadowrun game coming out, too. But it's a first-person shooter that appears to lack any kind of RPG elements. Yuck."Broad-minded is just another way of saying a fellow's too lazy to form an opinion." -- Will RogersGlobal: @Jimmy Amp

"Broad-minded is just another way of saying a fellow's too lazy to form an opinion." -- Will Rogers
Quote:
A Jewish friend of mine once called me a Judaiophile, which I suppose is accurate. I patterned the society of the elves in a couple of my fantasy settings after Sephardic Jewish culture, and one little old elven shopkeeper my players run into a lot is well known for sounding like someone's Jewish grandfather. Oh, and then there's the Jewish street samurai I created for Helen's Shadowrun game... his street name was Mossad.
I have a tendency to do it with Dwarfs. I think it's the beards.Ebony the Black Dragon
Senior Editor, Living Room Games
http://www.lrgames.com
Ebony the Black Dragon
http://ebony14.livejournal.com

"Good night, and may the Good Lord take a Viking to you."
And then there's the fact that Tolkien based his Dwarvish on the linguistic structure underlying Hebrew...
-- Bob
---------