Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A visual tour of the Legendary Base: UPDATE - New Room!
Re: A visual tour of the Legendary Base
Quote:
Oh, and if anyone's up for stress-testing, I'll definitely wander by around 9 PM tonight.
*sigh*
Ja, -n
(*would like to come, but hasn't even managed to join the SG yet*)

===============================================
"Puripuri puripuri... Bang!"
Quote:
*would like to come, but hasn't even managed to join the SG yet*
When are you next going to be on? We can arrange something. For the next week my time is mostly my own.
-Logan
-----------------
"This kind of thing tends invariably to devolve into the kind of "No, Nakajima, THIS is true power!!" argument that only really works if you're yelling it from the cockpit of a giant robot . . ."
-----------------
*glances at clock* Nine 'till, say, eleven-ish? Global @valles
Ja, -n

I like L's place. Whatever we pick will be cool though. Nice job! *pat on the back for you*
I got a chance to look in a few hours ago, before I hopped out to take my little cousin to school.
Anyway, nice. Very, very nice. I like the whole wood motif.
One thing, though...
I'm not sure about the chairs. Granted, I've never used the base editor myself, so I don't know what range of seats are available...I'm guessing there ain't many.
But the ones we have now...
The chairs aren't great. Mainly, I find it's damn near impossible to actually sit (/em ledgesit) in one of those things without looking odd - they're too small. Usually I end up sorta floating on the armrests, or there's clipping issues, and so on.
I'm not sure what alternatives there are, though. Like I said, I dunno what other chairs are available.
Armchairs like the ones in the lounge/library/buff room could work - put 'em four to a table rather than the eight or so 'office chairs' . That might work, and it'd give the place more of a lounge look...the current chairs make 'em look like conference tables.
But it might also make it seem smaller, so I dunno. And armchairs certainly wouldn't work for the bar...
No answers, just sayin'.
-- Acyl
You're right. The chair selection isn't the greatest.
Still, the idea you have is not a bad one at all. Let me see if that will work.
Back in a bit.
EDIT: Okay, yes, that worked out much better! Thanks for the suggestion, Acyl! There's one type of club chair that is shallow enough front to back for this to work well with. So replaced all the chairs with those. You can sit in those, and it looks reasonable.
I still wish we had the World of Warcraft option to just click on the chair and automatically sit down in the proper fashion. Or at least have better sitting animations. Ah well.
Anyway, while I was in there, I got rid of the chairs at the bar entirely. There are no bar stools available, and who sits on anything else at a bar? So that was pointless.
Adjusted the lighting further. Lowered the top and middle lighting to just about nothing. And lowered the bottom third lighting of the room. Giving it hopefully more of a club atmosphere. To compensate for some dark spaces I put lights over the perimeter tables and over the bar. (I left Min's "snuggle corner" dark, though. Heh.)
So, here's some pics of the tweaks.
[Image: screenshot_2006-09-13-08-07-53.jpg]
[Image: screenshot_2006-09-13-08-22-19.jpg]
[Image: screenshot_2006-09-13-08-23-09.jpg]

Looks even classier, I think!-Logan
-----------------
"This kind of thing tends invariably to devolve into the kind of "No, Nakajima, THIS is true power!!" argument that only really works if you're yelling it from the cockpit of a giant robot . . ."
-----------------
Ooh, yes, those are good chairs...
I sometimes just /em yoga in chairs - Syn, Superball, and Space can get away with that. The lighting change is really good, yeah...a little thing, but big difference.
Looking good!
-- Acyl
Are those casks of rum or something at the bar? Or barrels of wine?
Okay, Evangelia wants to know who the alcoholics on the team are, that we have to buy so much drink.

-- Bob
---------
...The President is on the line
As ninety-nine crab rangoons go by...
If Warlock Wolf ever actually joins, his sword Sudsbringer will be spending eight hours a day point down in a barrel of whiskey... [Image: smile.gif]
--Sam
"I don't have a drinking problem. My sword, however, does."
With Alexis around, you need ginger ale in serious quantities.
Alcohol? Bah. Who needs alcohol when you can have the good stuff?
-Morgan. "Ginger ale. And leave the bottle. Actually, leave two bottles.""I have no interest in ordinary humans. If there are any aliens, time travelers, or espers here, come sleep with me."
---From "The Ecchi of Haruhi Suzumiya"
-----(Not really)
Quote:
Are those casks of rum or something at the bar? Or barrels of wine?
Lora'Lai: "Uhm... Hmm... (Looks) It's, ah... it's green?"
Superball: (Affecting a Drunken Scotty Brogue) "Thas good enough for me, Lassy!"
(Innocent look)
-Logan
-----------------
-----------------
the casks
Gatorade.
LOTS of Gatorade.
Since Wide doesn't yet possess Stamina, he needs it.
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll
Re: A visual tour of the Legendary Base: UPDATE - New Room!
Gee, I would have said pickles in the barrels, but then, maybe I spend too much time in the kitchen. :-) Balsamic viniegar is another option. Both are highly unlikely. :-) Mybe they're decoration like at Montana's restaurant or something. HEY! Is a wagon wheel candelabra available? ACK! Sorry, didn't mean for that to come out.
Chairs look good and Min sends a thank you for keeping the cuddle corner dark. :-)
-Cindy
PS, Fae is hoping the barrels contain licorice and will be checking them out later.
Quote:
"I don't have a drinking problem. My sword, however, does."
It was 6am when I read this. I wanted to laugh so bad...but I didn't want to wake anyone up, so I held it in...but...I wanted to laugh so bad...*gasp*...*wheeze*
GENIUS! >_<
With regards to the bar supplies, I'm sure Space Mage...would attempt the classic Biblical trick, and try turning water into wine. Or water into Irish Cream Liquor, or whatever.
The problem, of course, is that she's nowhere near old enough to drink - and she's not the kind of kid who'd consider slipping beers on the sly.
So she doesn't know what any alcoholic beverage is actually supposed to taste like...
Oh, and...
Quote:
PS, Fae is hoping the barrels contain licorice and will be checking them out later.
DRUNK FAE! @_@;
-- Acyl
Drinking Age
Now the more uptight members of the Legendary might consider drinking age to be set in stone, opinions likely differ.
Bella and Jackie - 16 is legal for drinking in Spain; and much of France does not really care about it. Bella is amused by the idea that the City will let Eva run a supergroup and prance about the city laying waste to bad guys with her sword - but will not let her have a beer.
Thibor - pretty much the same thing, but there are several obscene gerunds added, mostly directly at the people in the city who made the rule, followed by anyone who is actually concerned about it.
Sen Sen Mew Mew - Sen Sen like drinky. Make Sen Sen happy. Dunk mousie becomes drunk mousie. Crunchy and juicy!
(Acyl, would you mind if Sen Sen is actually the result of Space's first experience with alcohol - a few too many fruity punches, an all night anime session, and a hangover and a new friend the next morning. She drunkenly tried to create a homunculus and created something else entirely.)
Re: Drinking Age
The Tachiko Guide to the Galaxy has this to say on the subject of alchohol: "Geeze, humans get drunk fast."
Her suggestion on bar names: It is, after all, a) in a pocket dimension, and b) a place to lose track of time. Therefore, the obvious name is "Underhill". If it was good enough for that short guy with the gold ring and the fuzzy feet, it's good enough for a bar!--
"I give you the beautiful... the talented... the tirelessly atomic-powered...
R!
DOROTHY!
WAYNERIGHT!

--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.
*waves hand*
Terrence will drink any and everything, and lots of it since he has a stupidly high tolerance.
..that is when he can get his grubby hands on CoV...
Sounds like she didn't intend to *drink* the alcohol though, just *make* the alcohol...
Now, this is how I'm imagining Alexis' reaction to the experiment...
---
I looked at the glass, shrugged, and took a sip. Hmmm, not bad. Still, there wasn't any reason for me to be drinking more alcohol than that.
I dropped my transformation and stared at the glass for a few seconds before drinking deeply from it. Yeah... this was the good stuff.
All that was left was a glass full of alcohol molocules that had helpfully not gone with the rest of the drink. Now what am I to do with this? Save it and pour it on one of those Outcast guys? Nah, I'm sure it'd be a nice light show, but too much hassle hauling something like this around.
Anyway, there were more important things to do at the moment.
"Hey, can I have some more of that?
---
I suspect she'd come up with quite a few creative uses for leftover alcohol if Space Mage could replicate the original drink effectively.
Actually, they're mostly just new and improved ways of setting my enemies on fire.
*shrug* Close enough.
-Morgan."I have no interest in ordinary humans. If there are any aliens, time travelers, or espers here, come sleep with me."
---From "The Ecchi of Haruhi Suzumiya"
-----(Not really)
The Paladrone is likely to not only attempt to enforce the legal drinking age, but will also bless every bottle of wine he comes across making it Communion Wine (Same Great Taste, and destroy's the soulless undead!)
Shining Kamen, having seen far to many alkies on the streets, won't touch the stuff at all. He's also likely to make a very loud speech on how one shouldn't dampen the Shining Light of Youth with foul poisons to any underage person who tries to drink. Unless it's not the first time, in which case he'll wait until the hangover kicks in, then make the speech.--
Instead of playing the role of a super hero, one degenerates into a strange bum luring villains to their doom in a trash dumpster. -Statesman
--
If you become a monster to put down a monster you've still got a monster running around at the end of the day and have as such not really solved the whole monster problem at all. 
Shizuru prefers tea, but will drink if she wants to forget some of the images she recieves over the course of the day, (I'm looking at you Minuet and Wide!)When engaging, nothing beats a full frontal.
In the epic rage of furious thunder
legends create their tales
when the twilight calls and the dark lord falls
our glory will prevail

[Image: strikersetcfinal9_th.jpg]
In the epic rage of furious thunder
legends create their tales
when the twilight calls and the dark lord falls
our glory will prevail

[Image: strikersetcfinal9_th.jpg]
Well, Kitty learned to drink watered down drinks purchased for her by men paying very high prices, so she isn't used to a lot of real drinks and prefers ones that don't taste like alcohol. When she does get drunk, she gets mischievous.
Gaean Conspiracy - @Gaean Conspiracy
---------------------------------
Time to take the grime out of crime
- Pretty Witty Kitty
Gaean Conspiracy - @Gaean Conspiracy
---------------------------------
Time to take the grime out of crime
- Pretty Witty Kitty
*Seelepanzer wonders how that's different from 'normal Kitty'*

The one drink Evangelia had was an egg cream she made for herself behind the bar while everyone was commenting on how well-read the dance floor was. ()
Oh, and for those of you who don't know, there are no eggs or cream in an egg cream. It's seltzer and chocolate syrup. It's a very New York Jewish thing, so don't ask me why I decided Eva made one for herself, given that she's about as New England WASPy as you can get... presumably my subconscious has a reason for it, but it hasn't shared.
-- Bob
---------
...The President is on the line
As ninety-nine crab rangoons go by...
Quote:
Sounds like she didn't intend to *drink* the alcohol though, just *make* the alcohol...
Yeap, that's right - she wouldn't drink it. Wouldn't even think of doing so. That's the problem. She's trying to transmute water into various alcoholic beverages and cocktails, with only the slightest idea of how they're supposed to taste, only the vaguest sense of what the actual ingredients should be.
Yeah, sure, she could, I dunno, look at a bottle of real gin and just try and duplicate it or something, but that's not as fun...and in any case, her magic works by translating visualisation to reality anyway...
Quote:
(Acyl, would you mind if Sen Sen is actually the result of Space's first experience with alcohol - a few too many fruity punches, an all night anime session, and a hangover and a new friend the next morning...)
Bwahahaha. As noted, Space is just a high schooler, and she doesn't drink. That doesn't invalidate the idea, though...because it's fruit punch...she just didn't know it was alcoholic. And, all things considered, she's probably a happy drunk...
(I've actually been KO'd by "fruit punch" myself...before I was old enough to drink...so, yes. u_u)
Just...jeez, that's...some origin story. Bwahaha.
-- Acyl
re: Drinking Age
Well, one of the sources of alcohol would be the latest from Skrymir's stil- distilling apparatus. He loathes the taste of most modern drinks - he wants his mead! However, when initially setting things up, he forgot a little about matter of scale... the still size needed to get a small amount for a giant turns into quite a bit for mortal-sized ~_^
He'll also have absolutely no problem with whomever of the Legendary wants some - he couldn't care less about legal drinking ages. The members of the Legendary are warriors and as such have full right to drink and do whatever they want.