Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Let's play the Origin game: Mirror Guardian Naoko
Re: Re:
Chibi Konatsu's brother, by the way, and another gamer friend of mine.
--Sam
"Do you have pants?"
Excellent. Now we're going to have to some how arrange to all be on at the same time.
--
Some days violence is just a nice quick solution to a problem that
would need thought, planning and actual work to do justice to.
-- Wayne Pascoe
It looks like I'll finally be getting independent net access to go with my laptop, so things may become easier to organize in the next little while... (crosses fingers)
--Sam
"I'm here because... a big clown hit me!"
The interaction between Shining Kamen and the Mirror Siblings can be almost completly summed up by these two screenshots.
[Image: bowbeforegreatness.jpg]
and
[Image: SMASHTHEPRETENDER.jpg]--
Instead of playing the role of a super hero, one degenerates into a strange bum luring villains to their doom in a trash dumpster. -Statesman
--
If you become a monster to put down a monster you've still got a monster running around at the end of the day and have as such not really solved the whole monster problem at all. 
Heh, I love the "club-to-head" screenshot. Speaking of screenshots, one of the Second Shadow along with a description would be very appreciated.
-Edit-
I have an idea for a special recurring villain that, for story reason, would not come out until the second battle and would have to stay secret until said battle. Send me an e-mail or talk to me in game if you're interested.
The villain in question would be a minion working for the First Shadow and created for a very specific purpose.
Maybe we ought to be documenting these "planned" encounters and turning them into either a "manga" or a mechanima...
-- Bob
---------
...The President is on the line
As ninety-nine crab rangoons go by...
SCREENSHOT MANGA THEATER! @_@
-- Acyl
Screencap Manga?
I certainly like the idea. Also! It looks like I might be having a laptop of my own within the next few days, so perhaps my exile from the Net will not be so complete after all. Joy upon endless, boundless joy!
More to mention, but not until it gets formalized.
Lastly, for some reason the sailor collar on Naoko's costume isn't showing up in-game. Has anyone else had this problem?
Re: Screencap Manga?
Quote:
Lastly, for some reason the sailor collar on Naoko's costume isn't showing up in-game. Has anyone else had this problem?
Yes. It's because the collar and the group logo are both chest details. If you have the group logo turned on, the collar will disappear.
Yeah, I think it sucks, too.
-- Bob
---------
...The President is on the line
As ninety-nine crab rangoons go by...
Mirror Cosmos Roll-call!
Okay, this is just me attempting to do a census here of who all we've got so far, heroes and villains:
-Mirror Guardian Naoko, check.
-His braindead sister Mirror Knight Hiroshi, check.
-King of Three Shadows, check.
-All three Shadows accounted for.
And now on to the latest!
-Mirror Knight Mei-Lin: presently on my account, but the idea of a friend of mine. Rival protector or the beginnings of a group? We'll have to see. Storm and Archery Defender.
-The Pale Gardener: Same player (she'll get her own soon, honest!), Mirror Demon. Plant and Ice Dominator, has a semi-healthy fixation on the King.
-The Tainted Watcher: my addition to the Demons (because with this many people involved I felt I could have a Demon and not have this matter too much). Mastermind by Archetype but corrupter in the truest sense by nature, the hearts of the weak are always his. Thugs/Poison.
And lastly a few as-of-this-writing-unmade characters that people were throwing around on the chat this morning:
-A semi-rival Mirror Guardian, not-clued-in on the whole 'swap' thing who winds up dating the person she /thinks/ is Hiroshi with, as the sages say, hilarious results.
-One Paranoid Schemer Veteran (tm) Guardian whose ability to play well with the rest of them is probably a bit limited, to say the least.
-And, because it had to happen, one Mirror Doppleganger of Naoko herself sent to do all those unpleasant things Dopplegangers do.
Thank you, guys. This is just awesome.
Re: Mirror Cosmos Roll-call!
Quote:
And, because it had to happen, one Mirror Doppleganger of Naoko herself sent to do all those unpleasant things Dopplegangers do.
Just for the record, that's the idea I was speaking of in my previous e-mail. And I just got an idea, a dark knight to serve as protector for the doppleganger.
-edit- (fixed a big typo)
Quote:
-One Paranoid Schemer Veteran (tm) Guardian whose ability to play well with the rest of them is probably a bit limited, to say the least.
*snickers* That's the character I suggested, and the one I'm gonna make. Dibs!
I'm still fleshing out the details, just about to hop in the character creator and fiddle around...
But the basic idea is, we're talking an old Mirror Guardian. How old? Well, intentionally ambigious, but I'm thinkin' she's been in the game for over a century at least. Maybe more. Maybe a lot more. But of course, she still looks like a teenager. Shades of Sailor Pluto here, complete with an apparent hidden agenda, and things she's clearly keeping from the rest of the cast.
For one thing...she and the King of Three Shadows are actually civil to each other. No, really. They talk. And they're polite. Formal, but almost friendly. Mutual respect, recognition? Or are they...working together?
Who knows? =)
Foxboy suggested she be called "Mirrorshard ___", where ___ is a non-Japanese female name. I agree. I just haven't decided what yet. It'll probably be a classical reference of some sort; he tossed out a couple Greek things. I'm gonna mess about, see what looks good.
Probably an Illusion/Storm Controller.
-- Acyl
Quote:
For one thing...she and the King of Three Shadows are actually civil to each other. No, really. They talk. And they're polite. Formal, but almost friendly. Mutual respect, recognition? Or are they...working together?
That makes her more polite than the First Shadow, who has trouble being civil with his fellow shadows, though their opinions don't have any importance anyway, they are clearly inferior.
I'm beginning to think that the King will be mildly annoyed by his Shadows. [Image: smile.gif] The most extreme aspects of his own personality, right out there for three hundred years...
("Yes, yes, of course you're phenomenal. Now go away and burn down an orphanage or something.")
--Sam
"Is this a warm moment or should we be disturbed?"
Quote:
That makes her more polite than the First Shadow, who has trouble being civil with his fellow shadows
Well, the way I see it...this woman's presumably good. Presumably. But she's definitely Machiavellian...
Quote:
I'm beginning to think that the King will be mildly annoyed by his Shadows. [Image: smile.gif] The most extreme aspects of his own personality, right out there for three hundred years...
At least he chose decent aspects, the smart ancient Chinese sorceror like he is. I mean, imagine how it could have gone. We'd have the Sixteenth and a Half Shadow, Dread Spectre of Mild Annoyance at Finding a Weevil in One's Rice Bowl.
Oh, and as threatened...
[Image: isis2.jpg]
Mirrorshard Isis
-- Acyl
Oh, I like her look, I like it a lot.
And also...
Quote:
("Yes, yes, of course you're phenomenal. Now go away and burn down an orphanage or something.&quot[Image: wink.gif]
"But, my Lord, I should clearly be named The True Shadow of the King and that imcompetent oaf and that brainiac can be the Shades of the King."
Oh and, btw, that kind of roleplay would be much easier if I knew what the Second Shadow looks like and what kind of personality he has.
(Edit: Removed stupid smileys.)
The Third Shadow doesn't talk too much. He gives orders and threats as necissary, they're short and to the point. He does praise the King a lot when he does speak though.
Quote:
"But, my Lord, I should clearly be named The True Shadow of the King and that imcompetent oaf and that brainiac can be the Shades of the King."
"Names do not matter. We are the Shadows cast by the King. My Lord will prevail."
Basically, the shadows are part of the King, so he's as certain of them (including himself) as he is of the King. The lesser mirror demons, well if they're doing well, he likes them. If they aren't...
Oh, other quote I just thought up.
"What can a mirror hope to reflect if there is only darkness?"
So in a joyous update, I now have a laptop computer! My capacity for internet access (and thus Citying) has been magnified to heretofore unprecedented heights!
MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
I mean I should be around more often.
Appropriate to the genre
oi, Konatsu:
Check out this webcomic {NSFW}
Sparkling Generation Valkyrie Yuuki
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll
Re: Appropriate to the genre
Oh, you're several years late to be introducing him to that one. [Image: smile.gif]
--Sam
"SPOON!"
hehe
'Sall good. She updates so slowly after all...
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll
Indeed, far too late.
I've been following that one for a while now and, yes, wishing that it would go back to updating with any regularity. In fact, I discovered it about a week or two after I had the original idea for Mirror Guardian Naoko.
This happens to me with depressing regularity.
Re: Indeed, far too late.
Don't bring up Hikaru no Go in C-K's presence, 'sall I have to say on the subject. [Image: wink.gif]
--Sam
"Oedipus is hurt, and last night I almost had a lucid moment."
Blatant change of subject!
So Acyl (hope I got that right!), how's Isis working out for you? We need to get together at some point for that RP jazz that always seems to be such a big deal with the young folk nowadays.
Re: Blatant change of subject!
*laughs*
Well, I haven't actually played her much - she's still sitting at level 4. Stat-wise...well, I've got very little experience with controllers, so I'm still getting the hang of it. We'll see.
Character-wise...the persona's a little challenging, and I'm still working the bumps out. I think I'm more or less happy with it, however. In RPing with Hiroshi, she came out as having more of a sardonic sense of humour than I originally intended. But that's not a bad thing.
(as a side note, I have ideas for a couple of Isis short fic pieces - which, with the way my brain works, generally bodes well for a character's longevity.)
-- Acyl