Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mockup of a Legendary Webpage...
Mockup of a Legendary Webpage...
...can be found here.
It is by no means close to finished -- I'll be changing the banner text into Legendary gold when I get home and go back to work with a decent image editor, for one thing. But I wouldn't mind opinions and suggestions. I'm following the same basic layout as the rest of my site, with buttons along the left edge.
Oh, and for those wondering where the Vitruvian Man image came from, I stood Eva on the Round Table and did a screenshot straight down into one of those embedded monitors. Then I cropped and cleaned it up a little.
-- Bob
---------
...The President is on the line
As ninety-nine crab rangoons go by...
Lovely!
I like it Bob. But I'm afraid most of that Latin wasn't covered in the X-tream Latin book Shayne picked up a while back so I'm not sure what you were trying to say. :-)
Let me know when you're moving stories over and I'll pass you the Mac Hine Journals.
Suggestions: Lil' Legends I hope; screen shots / portraits (Obsidian Heart's photographs perhaps?) Character Backgrounds and Bios?
-Cindy
Re: Lovely!
Yeah, that's really nice-looking. The latin, alas, is lost on me, but...
Well, I dunno. Fiction section's the bulk of it, I imagine. Character bios is logical as well. Art, another, though that could possibly be combined with Screenshots. That ought to be enough for a division...methinks.
-- Acyl
Re: Lovely!
The "Latin" is standard dummy text. Pay it no heed -- it's just there to "flesh out" the page a bit.
-- Bob
---------
Revised Mockup
Okay, check out the link in the first message again. I've colored the text in the banner, and added buttons for the four major areas people have requested. Should I make the gold stripe as wide as the Vitruvian image and center the buttons horizontally on it? (And narrow the text area accordingly?) Or is it okay as-is? Please let me know what you think. Thanks.
-- Bob
---------
Re: Revised Mockup
Hmm. I'd suggest that we either find or make a more detailed V-man logo for the final draft, and having it match up with the width of the gold column sounds good.
Yes, 'we'. I had picked up CoH not long after it came out, but decided that the gameplay wasn't worth a monthly charge. I renewed my account today to see if having friends around makes a difference - the updater is running this very moment.
Ja, -n

===============================================
"Puripuri puripuri... Bang!"
Quote:
Yes, 'we'. I had picked up CoH not long after it came out, but decided that the gameplay wasn't worth a monthly charge. I renewed my account today to see if having friends around makes a difference - the updater is running this very moment.
ANOTHER VICTIM. @_@/
Er, I mean...uh...I'll love to see what you come up with, character-wise.
-- Acyl
Quote:
Hmm. I'd suggest that we either find or make a more detailed V-man logo for the final draft
Perhaps a recolor of this image?
--Sam
"Egad! Too much anatomy!"
Quote:
"Egad! Too much anatomy!"
Oddly enough, that was my first thought. Or words to that effect.
-- Bob
---------
Okay, recolor plus photoshopped fig leaf. [Image: smile.gif]
And we might be able to find a use for the Vitruvian Homer somewhere. ^.^
--Sam
"If that's art, then art is dirty and weird!"
(And those two quotes, from one of the spinoffs, I reserve for these occasions. [Image: wink.gif] )
I think, if we want to go with anything, maybe we should go directly to the source and use a colorized version of the original.
I should also try another screen shot of the table monitor, only this time with my new graphics and all the detail cranked to max...
-- Bob
---------
So, given that it appears I've got a rainy weekend coming up, giving me time to work on the site, does anyone have any last minute complaints or suggestions?
And...
Do folks have a preferred format for me to post the stories in? In printing them for Peggy, I've been reminded how nicely pasting to Word keeps most of the formatting, and I've got several of them in that format at the moment.,
-- Bob
---------
Doesn't matter to me long as it's something viewable in a web browser. Having to open things up in an external program is aggravating. (And not always even possible.)
-Morgan.