Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Neat Costumes - Homages and other
Neat Costumes - Homages and other
Going through old screenshots, I cam across the following interesting outfits.
Optimus Prime!!
[Image: screenshot_2004-11-25-16-32-00.jpg]

I don't remember what this guys name or powers were, but this is just a classic look! Very Silver Age!
[Image: screenshot_2004-12-03-23-47-30.jpg]

An early attempt at an M. Bison clone (Circa 2004). I bet someone has done a better one on the COV side since then.
[Image: screenshot_2004-11-11-11-54-05.jpg]

This one is unique because I caught two different homages at once! A Power Ranger and Captain Marvel!
[Image: screenshot_2004-11-12-20-14-57.jpg]

This guys name? "The Burger King". No - I'm not kidding.
[Image: screenshot_2004-11-18-07-09-39.jpg]

Another unknown, but really cool, outfit.
[Image: screenshot_2004-12-04-03-49-55.jpg]

A shot of a friends character over on Justice. Kinetics/Mind Control Defender named Psychokenetic.
[Image: screenshot_2005-01-20-19-31-21.jpg]

The Mask!!! (With THESE powers! I could be... A SUPERHERO!!! But first...)
[Image: screenshot_2005-02-09-02-27-10.jpg]

I think this guys name was Hippieman or something like that.
[Image: screenshot_2005-06-07-22-13-54.jpg]

Starfire!
[Image: screenshot_2005-08-01-09-02-00.jpg]-Logan
-----------------
"This kind of thing tends invariably to devolve into the kind of "No, Nakajima, THIS is true power!!" argument that only really works if you're yelling it from the cockpit of a giant robot . . ."
-----------------
Re: Neat Costumes - Homages and other
Oh, yeah, very neat. I like.
Can't wait to see that Captain Marvel once he earns a cape. Except I don't think there are any capes with the right kind of border, and I don't remember seeing an over-the-shoulder/arm cape style, either...
The Silver Age guy reminds me of DC's Adam Strange.
-- Bob
---------
...The President is on the line
As ninety-nine crab rangoons go by...
Well, the Marvel pic was taken not long after I joined the game in Oct 2004 and I've NEVER seen him again. He may have been reported and forced to change the costume or maybe he deleted the costume.
Which is not to say you can't see what it would have looked like anyway. [Image: smile.gif]
[Image: Capt_Marvel.jpg]
And no, the cape isn't quite right. One thing that COH is sorely missing is capes with _collars!_
I really think that's a good general design for a lightning bolt, it can serve as almost anything. I HATE the other lightninig bolt though, and wish they'd replace it with something else. I may check witht eh posters on that forum I mentioned and see if maybe I can convince them to do a mod for the other lightning bolt that replaces it with a Flat top lightning bolt like Captain Marvel's (ALso used by Kevin Matchstick from MAGE.)-Logan
-----------------
"This kind of thing tends invariably to devolve into the kind of "No, Nakajima, THIS is true power!!" argument that only really works if you're yelling it from the cockpit of a giant robot . . ."
-----------------
Quote:
Which is not to say you can't see what it would have looked like anyway.
Very nice. Maybe I should build a Cap.
Either him or Captain Everything from "Normalman"...
-- Bob
---------
...The President is on the line
As ninety-nine crab rangoons go by...