Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CoH technical] Welcome To Vanguard - A Followup
[CoH technical] Welcome To Vanguard - A Followup
Ankh was kind enough to help me out with this yesterday, and I mentioned it in-channel, but Welcome to Vanguard, via Ouroboros, _was_ exploitable.

It is no longer. The mission-completion-level bonusses have been removed from the initial 'talking to people' portion of the mish, rendering it
completely unsuitable for repeated use.

I'm aware that The Legendary isn't exactly fertile ground for farming/farming discussion, but I bring this up as in intellectual exercise.

Running the mish solo at 50, I was receiving approximately 17,313 xp and inf per click, times 7 available during the arc. A Good Team could run the arc in
approximately 60 seconds, giving us 121k/minute.

This is _well_ beyond what can be done in a conventional, or even a farming team. 1.2mil inf in _ten minutes_ is absurd. The extended 7.2 mil inf/hour is also
impressive.

Ankh joined me for a run, and at 45, with me exemplared down, reported 9500xp per click, for a total of 66500xp/minute, or 665k/ten minutes, or just shy of
4mil xp/hour.

I don't think you can meet those numbers in normal gameplay. You _may_ be able to come close in a farm team.

The whole discussion has been rendered moot, however, by today's patch, which removes these XP and INF bonusses, changing the Welcome to Vanguard from a
mission-chain into a single mission... In my opinion, this was a very brute-force method of preventing this exploit, but I cannot decry it, as I cannot suggest
a better method.Wire Geek - Burning the weak and trampling the dead since 1979

I knew I should've checked out Ouroboros before now, dammit.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

It seems like I'd read that one being used as an easy way to get the "complete story arc within (really short time)" badge... Hadn't heard of
this though.

Glad to hear they've eliminated it though. That sort of thing could totally break the game economy.

-Morgan.

Could? Try Did. >
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll