Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lot's of new 50s -- anybody up for STF?

Late Friday is out for me, I plan to be asleep by 9pm EST, and I know Rev is teaching until at least 10 on Friday. But have fun.

If we're planning a second go around, Saturday early would be my choice. A noon EST start sort of thing.

I'm pretty much...generally unable to do a weekday TF, unless the start time is absolutely clear - I'd need to be very
careful with my schedule.

Umn. Looking at the numbers tho, it does seem that we might be able to make a quorum on Friday even with folks who definitely can't make
it. The only question is what time.

-- Acyl

As long as I know in advance, I can clear my computer use by hoofing it over my dad's online college asssignments. He's not as confident in his typing
skill or writing as I am.
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll

I'm not going to be able to make it Friday. My wife scored a couple of VIP box seat tickets to a basketball game AND a babysitter for that night.

Good luck, and someone kick Ghost Widow in the head for Badb.

I can be there with Entropic Avatar. Acyl and Amber even helped me pick up a full set of nukes and fresh Shivans for it.

Ice/EM/Energy Tank

Alright, so as of right now, (1:45 PM EST), who I have recorded as comming is:

---

Me - Amberlee

Foxboy - Wide Receiver

Paradox - Entropic Avatar

Horned Dragon - Stephnie Jenova

Acyl - Space Mage (?)

---

Do we have anyone else?
---

The Master said: "It is all in vain! I have never yet seen a man who can perceive his own faults and bring the charge home against himself."

>Analects: Book V, Chaper XXVI

Tonight, starting sevenish? I can be there with Brightsky.
===========

===============================================
"V, did you do something foolish?"
"Yes, and it was glorious."

Sevenish? I was under the impression it was later, 9 Eastern? If we're starting earlier
that's good for me, but now I'm confused. One
way or the other I can make it, tho.

-- Acyl

You know, earlier today I was thinking of getting in on this, but I think I'm going to pass. I'm feeling run down, and we have previously-unexpected
guests showing up tomorrow; I think I'd rather not get involved in a big long TF right now.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

Awww. We'll miss you terribly. And chuck licorice jelly beans in your general direction. [Image: happy.gif]

Feel better soon, take care of that guest, etc. etc. [Image: happy.gif]
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat

-- James Nicoll

Thanks. The rundown seems to be escalating; I may have a fever, which I'll be checking in a couple minutes.

Hope you guys have a good run.
-- Bob
---------

Well, I didn't have a fever last night, but I have one now -- 101.1 F. I also have nasty body aches and still have the headache, and the coughs are, while
less frequent, pulling up phlegm. Looks like I'll be hopping over to the local 24/7 clinic we use in emergencies as soon as I can finish breakfast.
-- Bob
---------

We DID finally Succeed. YAY. 2:30 am eastern for a total run time of 4:30 and x seconds.

We were able to get Mako down with 8 shivans, the rest of the Patrons were pushovers comparatively. And Wide Tanked Recluse in God Mode while everyone else
took out Reccy's God Mode Towers.

THAT felt truly epic. Just as much as the eight nukes dropped on his head afterwards. [Image: happy.gif]

-- James Nicoll

4:32:12 I believe was the timing. And it was more like 10 or 12 nukes dropped. 3 from at least 4 of us.
---

The Master said: "It is all in vain! I have never yet seen a man who can perceive his own faults and bring the charge home against himself."

>Analects: Book V, Chaper XXVI

Things I learned:

1) While I *feel* impressively powerful solo, with my EM-based ability to one-shot minions, I am *nothing* in comparison to a SS tanker, or any of the
scrappers we had along.

2) Ice Armor once again is crudy, even with the recent fixes. Those +4 Bane Spiders he was summoning went right through my defenses, and Recluse himself I
couldn't tank at all, while Wide in Unstoppable had almost a simple time in comparison.

3) On the other hand, against +0s and +1s, I could tank fairly well, although still not as well as Wide could. Only times I actually went down was when I tried
to tank a whole boss-heavy spawn of +1s.

+defense has always been something of a crapshoot...I mean, I understand the defense scaling was improved in
favour of sets like Super Reflexes and Ice Armor precisely because of this problem. But it still seems like higher level enemies are gonna pwn you bad due to
their increased hitrate versus your lower level. Whereas the other tanks and scrappers have it easier, because resistance and regeneration are basically
constants. Defense is...relative. I'd hoped that it was no longer so obvious, but Para was really suffering against the purple-con enemies last night.

Still, all in all an EXCELLENT job by the tanks and the defenders we had from outside the Legendary - a friend of Steph's named XM Radio, and someone I
know from the Shield, Alexus Apollo. I mean, our tanks and those two defenders -really- made the difference.

-- Acyl

#$%^@ Aeon.
@#$&@$ Mako.
#*@#@$ Recluse.

Finally being able to cut loose with those nukes I'd been hoarding? Felt so good.
===========

===============================================
"V, did you do something foolish?"
"Yes, and it was glorious."

Yeah, it was kind of funny how damn easy Recluse was after we dropped all those. Quickest AV ever.