Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Binding a hotkey to a chat channel
Binding a hotkey to a chat channel
Mag and Pooky both stay in 'local' channel, at almost all times.
Instead, I have numpadĀ  1 set to open 'The Legendary' channel, and Numpad 4 set to open a different channel. Supergroup and Group I just /g blah blah enter or /sg blah blah enter.
This is the bind for that.
/bind numpad1 beginchat /send "The Legendary" [$name]:
(be sure to leave a space after the colon).
Posting here to help others, and to help myself, as I can never remember this bind for new toons, and I have three now that need it.Wire Geek - Burning the weak and trampling the dead since 1979

Dude! You rock. Past, oh, ten or twelve times I've played, I've wanted to respond quickly to something in The Legendary channel, but I'm on a
mish, and by the time I click my way through the menu, I've either missed my Witty Response window or I've run out of time to actually say anything due
to other events in the immediate vicinity.

I'm *so* going to use this. Thank you!

--sofaspud
--"Listening to your kid is the audio equivalent of a Salvador Dali painting, Spud." --OpMegs

the modified version I use is

/bind numpad1 beginchat /send "The Legendary"

The above 'full' version includes toon name as part of the sent message, which is irritating and irrelevant.Wire Geek - Burning the weak and trampling the dead since 1979

Mmmm. This is something I've needed, too. Thanks!
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

bump, 'cause Aieeeeee
"No can brain today. Want cheezeburger."
From NGE: Nobody Dies, by Gregg Landsman
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5579457/1/NGE_Nobody_Dies

*Grabs*

*steals*

This woulda been worth a bit a while ago. [Image: laugh.gif]
---
"Oh, silver blade, forged in the depths of the beyond. Heed my summons and purge those who stand in my way. Lay
waste."