Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Story Compilation
Story Compilation
Collected Stories of The Legendary (and associated groups)

Available here: http://www.eclipse.net/~rms/legendary/fiction.html

Latest Updates (6/13/08):
  • Added several new stories to the list

• Moved several works based on author feedback

• Format change to collapsing list

• Added sub-sections for multi-part works

Reference Threads:
  • Blanket Permission, wherein players tell others
    how to play nice (or not at all) with their characters.

• Your OTHER Skills, wherein players describe their
    characters' abilities for story purposes.

Inconsequentialities:

I modified the list structure to include both collapsing lists and sub-sections for multi-part pieces. This was mostly because the page was getting
*ridiculously* long, in my opinion, and I wanted a cleaner look for it. If it bothers too many folks I'll figure something else out; reply to this thread
or PM/email me to voice your opinion.

Also, I would like some input on a preferred format (if any) for the list items. There's a lot that can be done here, so if you have any suggestions
please let me know.

Standard Disclaimer:

I'll edit this post as necessary to keep everyone up-to-date on when the updated webpage has been sent off. Please note that, even though this
post might show that it's been updated, it may be a bit before the page itself is updated, as that's Bob's bailiwick and I'm sure he's at
least as busy as I tend to be -- namely, very. So don't bug him... much... [Image: smile.gif]

--sofaspud
--"Listening to your kid is the audio equivalent of a Salvador Dali painting, Spud." --OpMegs

*whistles*

very impressive
"No can brain today. Want cheezeburger."
From NGE: Nobody Dies, by Gregg Landsman
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5579457/1/NGE_Nobody_Dies

Quote:This really should go here (http://www.eclipse.net/~rms/legendary/fiction.html), assuming that that mock-up is ever going to be finished. *grin*
I'm in the process of completely recreating my website using the new page design and coding worked out a month or two ago. It's slow going, sadly; but when I'm finished with it I'll include the Legendary archive somewhere in the new site. Until then, that mockup remains just a mockup (unless, of course, someone wants to steal it and turn it live).
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

Quote: (unless, of course, someone wants to steal it and turn it live)

I'm assuming that, if I revamp it, you'll be able to host it?

You'll have something later today or tomorrow, Bob. [Image: happy.gif]

(oh, c'mon, throw out a challenge like that? You knew this would be
coming...)

--sofaspud
--"Listening to your kid is the audio equivalent of a Salvador Dali painting, Spud." --OpMegs

If I didn't think I had the room for it, I wouldn't have thrown together the mockup... so sure, I can host it.
-- Bob
---------

Psst... Bob... You've Got Mail!

(it's my handle here, plus ".prime", at that Gmail place, in case your spam filters have blacklisted me)

--sofaspud

Oh god, Sofa, this is totally sweet. I'd forgotten about a lot of these... even the ones I wrote, much less
some of the amazing stuff everyone's come up with. Jeez.

Kudos. This is awesome work.

-- Acyl

An updated Legendary fiction page -- courtesy of Sofaspud! -- is now to be found at http://www.eclipse.net/~rms/legendary/fiction.html
-- Bob
---------

Nice. I'd actually been thinking something like this would be cool (after a few times not being able to find -my own stuff- for one), but never actually did anything with the idea...

Several suggestions though.

"The Continuing Interludes of Alexis Morgan" - I'd suggest labelling this "Ongoing", since it's where I'll probably to continue putting short bits involving her when the inspration strikes me.

http://drunkardswalkforums.yuku.com/topic/2158]The Journal of Amanda Winter - Not on the list. Amanda was intended to be a approximate contemporary of the Little Legends. Theoretically this is also Ongoing, but I'm not sure I'm likely to actually write more about this character - or play her any more, really. (Still like her concept, mind you... just not feeling any inspiration for it.)

And the more work-intensive suggestion, I think it could also be useful to have a section for the several "reference threads" we've had. (There was one about non-heroic skills and abilities, and it seems like at least one other.) I'd try to hunt them down myself, but I'm kind of running out of steam for tonight. Maybe tomorrow though.

-Morgan. Being sick makes you run out of steam faster. -.-

Ok, I added The Journal of Amanda Winter to the in-thread list. Once I have a few more updates ready I'll send it off to Bob to update the website, as
well (currently there are only three changes pending, I'd like to make it worth his while [Image: smile.gif]).

(ETA: interesting. Yuku somehow ate the middle of my original post.)

As for the reference threads, I've got a couple of those included in the in-thread list (though I should probably come up with some sort of title for
them), and I plan to include them in the first update to the webpage. If you have any suggestions for inclusion, please give me a link. I *think* I found
most of them, but obviously I can miss stuff -- the Journal being Exhibit A.

Thanks for letting me know!

--sofaspud

... You know, I hadn't even looked at the list in the thread, just the webpage.

*looks*

Actually, now you've got it twice. But it wasn't on the webpage version at all that I could see. '.'

(As for a title for a section with reference threads... how about "Reference Threads"? '.' )

-Morgan.

Oops. Looks like when I put two stories in one post you only counted the first one. The second half of the post with 'A Pirates Life' is a different
character, starting at 'Moving On'.

And once again, I'm reminded that i really have to finish that story. Though if you care for a story title its "Save the Last Dance"
In the epic rage of furious thunder
legends create their tales
when the twilight calls and the dark lord falls
our glory will prevail

[Image: strikersetcfinal9_th.jpg]
In the epic rage of furious thunder
legends create their tales
when the twilight calls and the dark lord falls
our glory will prevail

[Image: strikersetcfinal9_th.jpg]

Quote:Once I have a few more updates ready I'll send it off to Bob to update the website,
Oh, cool, thanks. I was going to do it myself, but life's been a little on the complex side the last few days.
-- Bob
---------

... and I think I've got enough updates pending to make it worthwhile. In no particular order:

* Add title to Drenivian's story

* Add entry for drogan's second story (sorry about that!)

* Add Journal to webpage, remove duplicate from thread (oops!)

* Add Tales of the Legendary: Strange Days to both lists

* Add Gamma Emission: Unintended Side-effects to both lists

* Add Tales of the Legendary: Emerald Blast to both lists

* Add Reference Thread section and flesh it out a bit

Did I miss anything?

Bob: expect an update by the end of the week, probably sooner. [Image: smile.gif]

--sofaspud

Again I say, cool.
-- Bob
---------

The May 14th page update is now available on my site.
-- Bob
---------

Okay, *again* nitpicking. (Sorry):

Brahela's stories, IE: Moving On, and Duty to the Innocent, should be put under ECL, as she is a resident of Infinity-verse as opposed to Virtue-verse

Quote: drogan niteflier wrote:

Okay, *again* nitpicking. (Sorry):

Brahela's stories, IE: Moving On, and Duty to the Innocent, should be put under ECL, as she is a resident of Infinity-verse as opposed to Virtue-verse

Noted. I'll take care of that next time I update. At the rate we're pumping out stories these days, that won't be very long... [Image: smile.gif]

--sofaspud

*sighs* wrong thread
There is no coincidence, only necessity....
- Clow Reed

"The Journal of Amanda Winter" should probably go under Little Legends. Even if she's never actually run into any of them. '.'

-Morgan.

Noted, thanks.

On that, er, note: anyone else spotted any mis-categorized entries? I'll fix them all up at once rather than dribble micro-updates through one-by-one, if
possible...

--sofaspud

"Ann Landers never had to deal with these people" should probably be under The Infamous as it is mostly about Nogi's wedding. And yes, it's
complete, or at least as complete as I ever intended to make it.

--

"Consider a spherical bear, in simple harmonic motion..."

-- Professor in the UCB physics department

Gallery is a 404, a few table issues other than that (I'm too busy to play let alone write css) it looks good.

Firvulag: I'll move it and mark it as complete. Thanks!

Vyperpunk: I'll take a look at it, but, it's Bob's template and overall site, I just handle the list. I imagine it's a 404 because the page
it links to doesn't yet exist. [Image: smile.gif]

Bob? I can remove links and such, do general cleanup... I've just been sticking with the template so far. I know you had plans for where this was
heading, I don't want to step on toes there...

--sofaspud