Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sabres of Paragon/Infamous: Apotheosis Machina
Sabres of Paragon/Infamous: Apotheosis Machina
Author's Note: I blame you all. The altitis. It BURNS!

The lab was rather silent at the moment. While new Scimitars continued their growth cycles in tubes lining the walls, waiting for programming and arming
sequences the next day, the human employees had long since gone home, grateful to survive another day in what was beginning to be the Countess's primary
love/hate project.

It really wasn't their fault, you see. The code stolen from the extra-dimensional GENOM was something Crey might've made. Triple-encrypted, riddled
with anti-hacker programs, and occasionally having the tendency to literally seize control of the computer analyzing and altering it in a violent attempt to
cause as much property damage as possible to the interlopers. Furthermore, at least three of the Scimitars that had been brought online had gone rogue, taking
with them valuable combat data on their experimental systems. Worse, Crey's intelligence placed them as working alongside the original four rogues to boot.

Further excursions to what had been dubbed "Earth-2B-03G-2C" had secured a variety of technical sources, however. While not really caring if they
made an enemy of this "GENOM", teams sent had been uniformly female and outfitted with armor resembling that of these....Knight Sabers, so as to
avoid any real blame being placed on Crey. Entire mainframes had been copied without any real processing, and this led to a huge bulk of information for Crey
technicians to go through now that it was safely in Crey facilities, away from retribution.

However, on that night, none of that data was really being processed....or shouldn't have been.

A single screen lit up near an assembly line, flickering on and off as the computer's intrusion algorhythms struggled in vain to fight off the viral code
inside it slowly taking over. However, in a moment the blue computer screen turned a deep black, highlighted with bright green letters.

GENOM Systems

Type 481-A-S

Serial Number: J-2073-D-2670-S-1871

Backup files fully recovered.

Host system co-opted

Commencing reconstruction.

The nearby assembly line began to move, but certainly not in its standard configuration. The armatures began working on one another as well, rebuilding their
tools into objects infinitely more precise than what Crey had been using, before the entire structure resembled some bizarre sort of Frankenstein's lab,
with the armatures working at lightning speed around a humanoid figure in the center.

The next morning, the large flaming wreckage where the assembly line had been, along with the smashed tubes that had contained various Scimitar armors in
varying stages of completion suggested yet another breakout. The Crey technicians would've sighed and gone on with their work if not for a rather specific
message carved into a nearby wall, looking as if it'd been smashed into it with blunt force wielded like a giant hammer, which got them to resolve to
contact the principal office at once.

YOU CAN'T KILL THE MESSIAH!

* Bubblegum Crisis *

"The Ultimate Boomer"

Red Eyes
---
"Oh, silver blade, forged in the depths of the beyond. Heed my summons and purge those who stand in my way. Lay
waste."

Oh, those sorry bastards are *ahem*. Countess Crey won't like this once she realized just what genie got out of the bottle. Oddly enough, I may actually
start feeling sorry for *her*, if what I suspect is true. (Not *that* sorry, but, y'know. [Image: smile.gif])

Whee! This ride just got a lot more interesting...

--sofaspud
--"Listening to your kid is the audio equivalent of a Salvador Dali painting, Spud." --OpMegs

Okay, so who's going to build Largo over on Redside?
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

I'd considered doing it, but I can't seem to figure out how to alter eye color. Even if you can't do the mismatched ones, just giving him blue eyes
seems odd. The rest came together quite nicely.
---
"Oh, silver blade, forged in the depths of the beyond. Heed my summons and purge those who stand in my way. Lay
waste."

HNRGGG.

LARGO!

killitkillitkillitkillitkillitkillitkillitkillitkillit
"No can brain today. Want cheezeburger."
From NGE: Nobody Dies, by Gregg Landsman
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5579457/1/NGE_Nobody_Dies

I hope he's a mastermind, because you can then label one of his drones "Armstrong" and look reasonably close to the original.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

Personally, I have this mental image of some poor computer security geek getting reamed (if he's lucky) the following morning for failing to install
antivirus software on the assembly line computers. [Image: smile.gif]

--sofaspud
--"Listening to your kid is the audio equivalent of a Salvador Dali painting, Spud." --OpMegs