Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Art: Acyl's Request Thread

Quote: Morganni wrote:

Huh. '.'

I assume you found a screenshot of her around here somewhere? (I think one had been posted in the thread for one of the TFs I did with her... '.' )

Yes - also, I was on that TF, so in addition to the posted screenshot, I have my own versions of the same. More
than sufficient for colour sampling and a sense of the character's look and hairstyle..
-- Acyl

Ah. Yeah, that would probably help. ^_^;;;

(I can never keep track of which characters belong to which players... I'd feel worse about it if I didn't also lose track of my own characters
sometimes. -.- )

I really should spend some time figuring out what I really want her costume to look like, but I don't think anything important for this will be changing...
Which is good, because it'll probably be too hot for me to even consider getting on CoH for the next few days. -.-

-Morgan. Have I mentioned that I hate summer?

Quote:ECSNorway's request isn't based on any in-game costume. As a result, this is pretty much on back-burner - I'll need to sit down and hunt up good source images for Rei, Anko, a Shinigami captain, and create a scratch colour palette for the image (no screenshot to sample). It'll be done at some point - shouldn't be too hard - but I dunno when.

I can dig these up for you, along with some screenshots of Misao as she currently exists. Part of the problem is that what I really wanted to do for her costume - as described previously - isn't really doable in the CoH generator.
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.

Posting in part to bump this so I can find it later, in part to give an update on status.

Status: Bella and Jackie image was posted a day or two ago. Gamma Emission for Sweno will be up shortly. Next in line for completion - most likely Lady Nogi for Foxboy and Corrupted Flame.
-- Acyl

*Squee!* [Image: happy.gif]
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll

And anyway, I figure I'll toss my screenies in here for a request for Sylia, aka Silicon Sabre. It may be a teeeeensy bit more complicated than prior
efforts, though. Tongue

Front

Back

Blades out

Slightly closer
in angle

Hopefully your tablet doesn't explode looking at her, but you were looking for a challenge...aheh. On the plus side, she's only pneumatic in the legs
for jumping. [Image: happy.gif]
---
"Oh, silver blade, forged in the depths of the beyond. Heed my summons and purge those who stand in my way. Lay
waste."

Hey Acyl! The Hero Sandwich crew has a request, if you feel like taking it on. (That'd be me, Sweno, and Terrence). We've got a couple ideas mostly
fleshed out; at this point we're ready to hand 'em over to you and see which you'd feel like doing. [Image: smile.gif] It would have three characters (four,
counting the cat) in it -- Gamma Emission, Emerald Blast, and Terrence Knight.

One idea's a comic-style action panel, the other is more a movie poster style. I can get all the screenies you need for either of them. Do you want
details in email or should I edit this post to include them?

(All assuming of course you aren't too busy or burned out or whatever. [Image: smile.gif] )

Edit to add screenies for comic-style action shot (details as listed in email):

[Image: th_screenshot_2008-08-18-17-18-39.jpg][Image: th_screenshot_2008-08-18-17-18-59.jpg][Image: th_screenshot_2008-08-18-14-56-14.jpg][Image: th_screenshot_2008-08-18-15-13-45.jpg][Image: th_screenshot_2008-08-18-15-13-50.jpg][Image: th_screenshot_2008-08-18-15-13-54.jpg][Image: th_screenshot_2008-08-18-15-14-02.jpg]

I have more if needed. These are the preferred costumes for the shot, but you're the artist. Thanks, Acyl!

--sofaspud
--"Listening to your kid is the audio equivalent of a Salvador Dali painting, Spud." --OpMegs
*shifty eyed*
Hum, Well, Acyl.... Just wonderin', y'know....

Mind doing another for me?

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3144/273 ... fb47_o.jpg]Front
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3144/273 ... fb47_o.jpg]Close up
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3100/273 ... 3bf1_o.jpg]Back left
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3267/273 ... 9c3d_o.jpg]back right

So... yeah. Pretty please?

Thanks, Sofaspud. Those are excellent - that'll do, definitely. I already have a pencil outline done for the image - faceless manniquin 'phantom army' figures, yeah? All I needed was the costume details.

Status Update, other images: Completed pencils for Marcus Mac Hine + Space Mage, completed new pencils for Corrupted Flame (decided the earlier sketch really wasn't worth inking), completed pencils for Misao II (decided the earlier sketch didn't count as a proper piece, this one should be the correct costume), completed pencils for Johnny Winter (one of my own characters).

Not sure which order I'll ink and colour those...but the base images are done.

Planning Stages (ie, absolutely nothing yet, but thinking about it): Reyshal for Niteflier, Wonder Cow for Zandock
-- Acyl